Path finding in pawn

background
I started this project around 2015 just to see if I could remake what I believe would have been the hardest part of Crazybob's CnR script, then I got bored, lacked motivation and dropped it for several years..
I picked it up only to create a script to detect if you're driving on the wrong side of the road and then dropped it again.

Seeing a couple threads on path finding in the last couple of days inspired me to go through it again and I found several errors in my past scripts, I fixed them up and completed it, here's a short example of a path from LS stadium to LS docks

download
I created it in flash first to save me many hours loading, reloading the game which can be downloaded here

https://ufile.io/9s2ym
instructions
hold any key and move mouse to pan
mouse wheel to zoom
click a start position and an end position to create a path

after that, porting it over was pretty quick.
I haven't used anything of the other users work from here (gps wise), I used Aschratts to decompile the nodes, ran macros over to be able to put it into flash and then ran more scripts to fix it up and make it useable

I went with two different sets of nodes, one with just intersections and another with all the nodes

I ran the algorithm over the intersections to create the path and then used a function to highlight the nodes in between each intersection

I wanted to see what it'd look like on the minimap with icons, but it's really ugly having all those icons down there perhaps gangzones would look nicer.

speed
I really wasn't too fussed with performance, but I thought others would be, it took 154ms from KACC to the top of mount chilliad which you can see above checks just about every node in that case, it could be sped up as it's using square root distances but I'm not fussed, another way would be to do what real GPS' do and prioritise main roads

here's the enums I used in pawn
Code:
enum IntersectionInfo
{
	Float:Int_xpos,
	Float:Int_ypos,
	Float:Int_zpos,//xyz
	NID,//node id, the index of this node in the array that contains all the nodes
	iN1,//intersection neighbour 1
	n1,//neighbour 1 in the all nodes array
	g1,//g cost or value from this node to intersection neighbour 1
	iN2,
	n2,
	g2,
	iN3,
	n3,
	g3,
	iN4,
	n4,
	g4,
};

enum NodeInfo
{
	Float:Node_xpos,
	Float:Node_ypos,
	Float:Node_zpos,//xyz
	nn1,//node neighbour 1
	nn2,
	nn3,
	nn4,
};

Nice

Are you going to release the code?

Good job. The GPS Plugin pretty much completes this.

I already made 2 more types of GPS styles, GTAIV/V and something like CrazyBobs with the plugin.

~9-11ms from Chilliad to KACC on my home host (Intel i7 7700HQ).

Path finding everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jop9888
View Post
Are you going to release the code?
If the gamer z plugin does the exact same thing but faster I don't see a point in doing so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
Good job. The GPS Plugin pretty much completes this.

I already made 2 more types of GPS styles, GTAIV/V and something like CrazyBobs with the plugin.

~9-11ms from Chilliad to KACC on my home host (Intel i7 7700HQ).
oh yeah I forgot I was going to make a text draw saying things like left turn in x m, another idea just crossed my mind is I could create a road naming program and use the script to say what road you're driving on.

I got the i5-8400

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
View Post
Path finding everywhere
true, that's because it's fun to mess around and visualise

oh cool good job