A* Pathfinder (3D map) in samp

I was thinking over this, I haven't looked too much into Col Andreas, but it seems to have stored collision objects as vectors and then rebuilds the polygons.

from that data you could possibly check which polygons have low z differences (surfaces) and create navigation meshes instead of using nodes.. actually just thinking this through that'd fail too seeing as a lot of objects just intersect with the floor.

well another idea which wouldn't work for tunnels would be to create a navigation mesh with the assistance of map andreas, but you'd have a bunch of broken areas with bridges which would have to be manually fixed, although with the help of nodes you could possibly automate patching some of them.

here's an idea I had for a simple side stepping algorithm with col andreas in mind, but it's hard to imagine anything beyond simple working seeing as it's like being in an unknown pitch black room with only a laser pointer to figure out where to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
It's about damn time
All those kids who played SA-MP studied and came back to apply their knowledge lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon
View Post
All those kids who played SA-MP studied and came back to apply their knowledge lol
There is no end of breakthroughs in sight, the only problem is the vast majority are too short-sighted to see a breakthrough let alone materialise their visions.

Long time ago (like a year maybe even more) i modified FCNPC and ColAndreas for pathfinder prototype. What i basically did is use pathfinder plugin, and use simple coordinates like it does for mapandreas. But Z i was getting relative to previous Z and comparing angle (slope) between them. Then i also raycasted between two points in case there is a wall or something. And these worked like a charm under the bridges, in forest and in railway tunels