Edge to Chromium, what do you think?

So there has been some news about Edge leaning forward into implementing the chromium engine, another open source deal breaker from Microsoft. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Read more about it here.
If you'd rather watch a video, here's one.

I might just consider switching back to Edge if they implement the Chromium engine. It's about time they rescue their web browser.

I never used Edge, and even if Microsoft comes with a new browser running on Chromium, I will probably not use it. I have everything in my Chrome both personal as work related, there's no reason to switch unless the new MS browser will be so much faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
View Post
I never used Edge, and even if Microsoft comes with a new browser running on Chromium, I will probably not use it. I have everything in my Chrome both personal as work related, there's no reason to switch unless the new MS browser will be so much faster.
I do believe it's going to be faster, especially for Windows 10 users, in my opinion, Edge really is the best browser for the Windows platform as it's deeply integrated with the OS and serves a lot more than a normal browser would (in the case of Windows 10), however, it never was that strong in the face of other big browser names. But I guess it's about time for that to change.

Edge is like the old Internet Explorer for Windows 7.

Do i need to say anything else?

yes what is your point

It looks pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoussama
View Post
I do believe it's going to be faster, especially for Windows 10 users, in my opinion, Edge really is the best browser for the Windows platform as it's deeply integrated with the OS and serves a lot more than a normal browser would (in the case of Windows 10), however, it never was that strong in the face of other big browser names. But I guess it's about time for that to change.
Toen be honest I don't care about windows integration. I just want a fast useful browser that supports the latest developments in web development and keeps updating. And when this new browser is integrated in Windows, please Microsoft get rid of IE. The amount of people still using (an old version) if IE is astonishing..

I hope Microsoft does it well this time.
Edge is just pure shit when it comes to business environment that require extensions (ActiveX/Plugins) loaded in browser, like Citrix (.ica files) and Microsoft RDWeb/RemoteApp.

I guess it's a good thing for the user, but I just hate its interface.
Vivaldi and Opera are the best for me at the moment.