[0.3.7-R2] Packet was modified... Everyone times out

Hey,

I have a major problem with my server. Every 5 to 20 minutes the server times all it's players out and they have to reconnect, the server it self does not restart or crash. This happens after the server console fills up with this message:

Packet was modified, sent by id: 2, ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:1550 (about 512 of these messages)

This is not a DDOS attack because it happened before with different IP addresses all coming from trusted members which I have played with for years.

How do I stop this from happening, any help is highly appreciated...
Thanks in advance.

You should slightly obscure the IP address as this is a public forum.

But have you tried to see if a player has played with that IP address before? If so, what version do they play with and what mods do they have (if they have any)?

[12:54:26] Lost connection to the server. Reconnecting..
[12:54:26] The server is restarting..
[12:54:26] Connecting to xx.xx.xx.xxxx:7777...
[12:54:27] Connected. Joining the game...

This also randomly happens sometimes, happens to all players at the same time.
I got crashdetect and it's showing nothing.

Same happens to me... any solution anyone?

I'm afraid but this seems like the same exploit that was abused a while ago in MW3 server. And as far as I'm aware, there's no solution to it.

It helps if you clear the logs after to prevent the spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_
View Post
I'm afraid but this seems like the same exploit that was abused a while ago in MW3 server. And as far as I'm aware, there's no solution to it.
the exploit that was used on MW3 was related to SKY plugin and it's already fixed, check latest commits :

https://github.com/oscar-broman/SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmir
View Post
the exploit that was used on MW3 was related to SKY plugin and it's already fixed, check latest commits :

https://github.com/oscar-broman/SKY
I am not using SKY plugin.
I use these plugins: crashdetect mysql streamer sscanf irc YSF(kurta999's version R20-RC3) FCNPC MapAndreas pawnraknet ColAndreas_static pawn-memory discord-connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMillion
View Post
I am not using SKY plugin.
I use these plugins: crashdetect mysql streamer sscanf irc YSF(kurta999's version R20-RC3) FCNPC MapAndreas pawnraknet ColAndreas_static pawn-memory discord-connector
I see, that exploit was totally different, that's why I quoted Logic_ and I wasn't talking on-topic

Removing YSF fixed this, clueless why but it worked.

Something similar happened to me, after 2 minutes the server freezes, it was because the CPU went from% 10 to% 85 suddenly, I solved it by changing hosting, and optimizing my gamemode.

Did you solve the problem? If so, where was the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMillion
View Post
Removing YSF fixed this, clueless why but it worked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviuu
View Post
Did you solve the problem? If so, where was the problem?
here...