cyrillic in MySQL

Please make sure you've got, like, a Russian language pack installed on your system. If you join a Russian server without it, you'll just get a bunch of weird letters like рдазаааавей.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammp
Посмотреть сообщение
Please make sure you've got, like, a Russian language pack installed on your system. If you join a Russian server without it, you'll just get a bunch of weird letters like рдазаааавей.
Why the hell I need this pack The server is hosted by ultra-h! And It's doesn't matter, because I tried to edit the text to Bulgarian in the database (phpmyadmin) and it worked, but I can't edit it trough my server!

mysql_set_charset("cp1251_bulgarian_ci"); --> mysql_set_charset("cp1251");

When you load that data to your samp server and show it to player with SendClientMessage or Dialog is that text in Bulgarian or "gibberish" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSan
Посмотреть сообщение
mysql_set_charset("cp1251_bulgarian_ci"); --> mysql_set_charset("cp1251");
Thanks a lot dude! You saved my life!!! +1 REP!

The server is not at issue here, it's your game. Changing MySQL charsets will only cause problems if you don't convert properly, and tbh you shouldn't touch stuff like that unless you're experienced in DBA and know EXACTLY the implications of changing these charsets long-term. The problem is on your end because the game doesn't support the characters you're trying to type, and I've found that installing a Cryllic language pack for your OS fixes that problem locally, instead of farting around with the DB, using commands you know nothing about. One wrong move and your entire DB breaks.