Single-player styled 3D text label

I just went on a server and saw this:

Anyone know how is this type of 3D text label possible without client/server plugins? As far as I am aware this label is not part of SA-MP (it is from single-player).

Just interested to know how it's possible.

Looks like client sided font.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Kane
Посмотреть сообщение
Looks like client sided font.
Yes but how is it possible to create this from the server? The client doesn't create it without instruction to do so.

Not sure what you mean. It looks like GameTextForPlayer. Either that or the person has a modification that popped up?

CreatePickup type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Kane
Посмотреть сообщение
Not sure what you mean. It looks like GameTextForPlayer. Either that or the person has a modification that popped up?
Nah, author already said it is from single player...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Anyone know how is this type of 3D text label possible without client/server plugins? As far as I am aware this label is not part of SA-MP (it is from single-player).
This actually reminds me of the $ pickup in wang-cars property that show up the money amount similar like in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ][Noname][
Посмотреть сообщение
CreatePickup type
Yeah, more like:
pawn Код:
CreatePickup(1274, 18, x, y, z);

I did something similar to this some time ago.
I used a dynamic area (sphere), a dynamic object and SetDynamicObjectMaterialText.

Create the object and pass the area id to its "area" argument. That will show the object only when you're in the area (makes it a lot easier to efficiently implement the next part).

Then, using a timer, you can rotate the player object (not dynamic object) for each player who is in the area to face the direction of the player's camera.

This will rotate the object independantly for each player. Using the right font and object you can create an object that looks exactly like the SP texts.

And the result will be a 3D object text that rotates for every player independantly. Update rate is not as smooth as in SP but I think that's not a problem.

In a place like this however it wouldn't need rotating at all. I suspect it was just an object with material text and this font.

Alternatively just create a TextDraw and calculate the screen coords from the world coords. Actually that's what this looks more similar to. However since the Camera Data only updates each second this would look bad when moving the camera. So if it was smooth while looking around, it was probably an object (probably not even rotated).