Any plans or roadmap in the future?

0.3.DL is amazing since it allows you to craft custom-made assets and is a particularly useful feature in some RP servers. Some RP servers also use its full potential.

I was wondering if Kalcor has any plans in his mind to implement in future or perhaps a roadmap?

He already said: sit and wait.

All SA-MP versions since 2007 have been beta tested by LS-RP. The model downloading is going through an extended beta to make sure it's suitable for merging in to the main SA-MP branch.

Custom models in SA-MP is a big change and not something to be rushed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
All SA-MP versions since 2007 have been beta tested by LS-RP. The model downloading is going through an extended beta to make sure it's suitable for merging in to the main SA-MP branch.

Are there plans to allow objects with particle effects again? I know there are particle objects in SA-MP already, but custom objects can take advantage of extra parameters to control the particles. Besides, the LC and VC maps contain objects with particle effects, but I don't know a way to easily "extract" them from the object and map them to SA-MP particle objects.

It could be added, if I can validate the game's loading code as secure. The problem with particle effects is they use string names, which are dynamic length. Lots of string buffers in the game have hardcoded lengths which could lead to a buffer overflow. If I have any doubts about it, I normally just disable it.

Quote:
View Post
It could be added, if I can validate the game's loading code as secure. The problem with particle effects is they use string names, which are dynamic length. Lots of string buffers in the game have hardcoded lengths which could lead to a buffer overflow. If I have any doubts about it, I normally just disable it.
I see. Well, you can check the length of the names and reject those models with longer names that do not fit inside the buffers; that leaves the common vulnerabilities only. Besides, lights/coronas also use string names.

Another question; are custom vehicles (with custom handling perhaps), weapons or animations considered as well?

I'd like to point out that a lot of servers and communities would use the 0.3.7 DL version but are held back by the fact that a very big load of players is still in 0.3.7 and unaware of the new version, the big servers that are known in SA-MP for years have no problems switching because of their reputation and notoriety in SA-MP, but smaller servers would lose a big chunk of players, especially due to the fact that a lot of players are young, perhaps not so good with English and having them go through the website, download and update by themselves would (and usually did for a period in past updates) cause a loss of players.

I would suggest an option in the client, when a player attempts to connect to a server in a newer version, to either allow him to download and install the client update from there (from the SA-MP client) or some other more convenient method to make players aware of new SA-MP updates, and make it easier for server owners to switch without affecting player count by a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocMax
View Post
I would suggest an option in the client, when a player attempts to connect to a server in a newer version, to either allow him to download and install the client update from there (from the SA-MP client) or some other more convenient method to make players aware of new SA-MP updates, and make it easier for server owners to switch without affecting player count by a lot.
In fact, it would suffice to have a callback that was fired everytime player with different version connects - this would enable to display players a dialog with information, where to download the client etc. Currently the only way how to hand over this information is through server name, which is not practical.

Quote:
View Post

Quote:
The textdraw system is likely to be upgraded in future RCs, having features similar to MaterialText, so I'd recommend against using downloaded textures for text messages.
Are there any plans yet to change the textdraw system?

Just three questions, nothing more or nothing less.

1. What unexpected behavior do you think is possible with objects with particle effects, or generally models or skins?

2. Can we get a 0.3.7 R3 with the fixes that were included in 0.3DL?

3. Any ETA when we'll move ahead with 0.3DL updates? I know that we're still experimenting with objects and skins, but what about server-sided animations and vehicles? Or just completely bug fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocMax
View Post
I'd like to point out that a lot of servers and communities would use the 0.3.7 DL version but are held back by the fact that a very big load of players is still in 0.3.7 and unaware of the new version, the big servers that are known in SA-MP for years have no problems switching because of their reputation and notoriety in SA-MP, but smaller servers would lose a big chunk of players, especially due to the fact that a lot of players are young, perhaps not so good with English and having them go through the website, download and update by themselves would (and usually did for a period in past updates) cause a loss of players.

I run a server on 0.3.DL and I can absolutely see why people are afraid to move to it. I moved to 0.3.DL with the release of one of the biggest updates in my server's history, which went pretty well. Our player count peaked pretty high and everything seemed to be okay. Over time I noticed the amount of new accounts had dipped, but I didn't really worry too much about it since concurrent players were still more or less the same, albeit a little less robust at certain times of the day. My playerbase has never been super consistent in the first place, so I shrugged it off. It also helps that most of what's left of the English heavy RP community is already on 0.3.DL since LS-RP had also moved, as well as as some DM servers where roleplayers like to spend time, so word of mouth likely still brings a decent amount of people to my server.

As time went on and usual months where player counts dip hit, I decided to look into the amount of new players I was getting per month and it had more or less been cut in half. If you look at the image below, you can note the amount of new players dipping in February. I moved to 0.3.DL towards the end of that month, and you can see the snowball effect being off the 0.3.7 server lists caused.

I run a fairly popular server which a lot of people in the English heavy RP community know about, and I've felt the effects of being away from most of SA-MP's userbase. I can't imagine how less popular servers would do, especially servers that aren't application based.

Yeah that's a big drop for a server that falls into the category of reputable / notorious servers in SA-MP, for the smaller servers and communities it's even harsher, hence why I believe we need some updates to enhance the transitions between versions, make it accessible through SA-MP client, maybe callbacks as niCe suggested, and I'm even of opinion that the client downloading section should be defined on the homepage, right now it kinda blends in with everything, it doesn't stand out as it should that it's downloadable content, players need to be basically guided to it more easily.

Separating the branches like 0.3.7 and the DL version caused a division in SA-MP, some major communities using it and others remaining on standard, and as the versions aren't cross compatible for clients, it results in loss of players, so I hope that the matter is solved either by enhancing the ways of notifying players of updates and what version server they're joining uses or by merging the versions as Kalcor indicated if the DL appeared stable.

Well, on my 0.3.DL server, I have also observed that inflow of the new players decreased rapidly since the server started in April 2018. Current players from our 0.3.7 servers mostly downloaded the new client, as they were informed, but new players mainly use only 0.3.7. But perhaps now when 0.3.DL is on download page, it could make the 0.3.DL more popular.

Just quoting my own post https://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php...&postcount=357

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigETI
View Post
We don't need another language. Scripters will leave, prices will rise, but interest will disappear. In addition, there will be only those who are not too lazy to learn a new language. And then those who have no imagination will be eliminated. And then online will become like in other multiplayer.

Quote:
View Post
I don't think this is really necessary.

And yes, 0.3.DL is the best SA-MP update for me.
But you cannot play 0.3.DL while having your own mods installed to GTA (client side).
Server owners do what fits with their server type, not what players like.
That's why most of players have not download it.

And I'd suggest to keep updating this version or merge it and make a 0.3.7-R3 (or 0.8 ), It is amazing especially for Role Play servers and Zombie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
View Post
We don't need another language. Scripters will leave, prices will rise, but interest will disappear. In addition, there will be only those who are not too lazy to learn a new language. And then those who have no imagination will be eliminated. And then online will become like in other multiplayer.
did you read his post by chance

I am not suggesting another language, if you would read and understand my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
View Post
We'll see... At Pawn in 2039 year))
> SA:MP scripting in 64bit-Pawn ahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0sh...
View Post
did you read his post by chance
Quote:
View Post
I am not suggesting another language, if you would read and understand my post.
Oh yeah i perfectly understood the idea of the message. If it is impossible to improve the pawn, then you need to integrate another higher level language. VC-MP changed the Pawn to the Lua. I do not want such a fate for SA-MP. So if
Quote:

I know you stated once that the PAWN implementation provides enough functionalities to make gamemodes

what are these suggestions for? Does someone lack classes or types to develop mods? Ridiculous.