Why F.C.N.P.C plugin was banned ?

I was shocked today to find out that the F.C.N.P.C plugin was banned from the forum (thread, plugin and even the term itself is now blocked), taking away with it years of research, work and contributions by myself, ***** and other contributors, rendering includes, filterscripts and even gamemodes that are entirely dependent on this plugin obsolete.

Upon further digging, i figured out that *****, the person currently in charge of updating the plugin is somehow linked to another third-party SA multiplayer modification that is supposedly using the samp's leaked source code, and although i might understand the actions taken against the member himself, i cannot comprehend why the plugin was completely removed and banned, simply removing the member's posts would have at least only taken away his contributions, not the entire plugin.

I am really sad that it had to end this way, and i hope someone from the samp team responds to clear up the situation and hopefully provide some compelling reasons.

Quote:

linked to another third-party SA multiplayer modification that is supposedly using the samp's leaked source code

That's scientifically proven brother. They even tried to remove Kalcor's & other credits but failed so hard.

EDIT: What's up with the title though lmao.

breaking 2 years of silence, and your avatar completely fits this situation.

Removing F.CNPC was another wrong thing done by Kalcor just like removing the whole Screenshots & Videos section, then he regretted for what he did and created another section for it. (probably you don't know about it)
But F.CNPC thread probably got soft-deleted, if yes, then he can bring it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuber
View Post
That's scientifically proven brother. They even tried to remove Kalcor's & other credits but failed so hard.

EDIT: What's up with the title though lmao.
Because the word ***** is banned now (you can see the stars already), and i am not denying nor supporting the claims, i am just not sure what the current situation is, hence the term "supposedly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmir
View Post
breaking 2 years of silence, and your avatar completely fits this situation.

Removing F.CNPC was another stupid thing done by Kalcor just like removing the whole Screenshots & Videos section, then he regretted that, and created another section for it. (probably you don't know about it)
But F.CNPC thread probably got soft-deleted, if yes, then he can bring it back.
Not posting for the last 2 years doesn't mean that i don't follow the plugin's progress, i almost check the forums everyday.

No official reason has been given. It was speculated that the reason was using code stolen from SA-MP. MapAndreas was also apparently deleted, but again, no reason was given. It's up to the moderators.

By the way, I feel like the rules need some update, since the current practices don't seem to match them.

I think it's pretty clear! if part of the filtered code was used, they should have good reasons to prohibit it.

Kalcor does whatever he wants with this forum (which makes sense why someone would try to replicate SA-MP..). JewTube not aligning with my ideologies? banned, people still posting jewtube videos? whole section deleted some idiot from South America attacking SA-MP servers? delete spanish section and the list goes on. Albeit, I don't agree with stealing SA-MP's source code, but maybe if they would have started from scratch and made their own multiplayer mod, they would probably have gotten a lot of players considering the direction this forum and the mod in general is going.

Honestly, I'm surprised the russian section still exists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
View Post
Honestly, I'm surprised the russian section still exists
If russian section would be gone, then samp would have 1-2k players in the server list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
If russian section would be gone, then samp would have 1-2k players in the server list.
Nah, according to Kalcor, most SA-MP player's don't browse these forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrMisicL
View Post
I was shocked today to find out that the F.C.N.P.C plugin was banned from the forum (thread, plugin and even the term itself is now blocked), taking away with it years of research, work and contributions by myself, ***** and other contributors, rendering includes, filterscripts and even gamemodes that are entirely dependent on this plugin obsolete.
Yeah dude... This plugin was pretty much the only project related to SA-MP that still made me visit the forums, because it makes NPCs so much better. Given enough creativity, you can pull off some very cool shit that you can not achieve with regular NPCs.

The plugin is not removed from GitHub, so it's not like the code is lost. However, not being able to talk about it on the forums is very saddening. How will new people ever get to know of the existence of this awesome plugin, if people can't talk about it without being censored.

Over the years I got more involved with the plugin by committing to the repo and wiki and helping out where I could. I even started a project of my own that is directly linked to the plugin and thus it too suffers from the ban and punishes me as well. It just feels like all that effort and time I put into that project and this plugin is wasted, even though I did nothing wrong. This is very demotivating. I guess it's time for me to move on from SA-MP.

A pity that most of the changes in recent years are prohibitions in the forum.

The plugin isn't banned. Once someone is banned from the forum, they can't release things here anymore.

Rather than find all the existing links and monitor new ones it's easier to just censor the URL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
Russian servers are mostly filled with bots especially if they are not on hosted tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
The plugin isn't banned. Once someone is banned from the forum, they can't release things here anymore.

Rather than find all the existing links and monitor new ones it's easier to just censor the URL.
But why delete the entire thread ? as i said before
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrMisicL
View Post
simply removing the member's posts would have at least only taken away his contributions, not the entire plugin.
He was just a contributor (the most active one), he did not release the plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
No official reason has been given. It was speculated that the reason was using code stolen from SA-MP. MapAndreas was also apparently deleted, but again, no reason was given. It's up to the moderators.

By the way, I feel like the rules need some update, since the current practices don't seem to match them.
MapAndreas still there;

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=120013

lmao what a shit show

Quote:
View Post
Right ok, censor the URL. However, I don't see any reason to censor the plain text word. Just use the search function on the plugin name and look at the recent threads in Scripting Help or the content in those threads. Or what do you want me to do about the include linked in my signature? I can't show any code that includes the name of the plugin? Since it relies a lot an hooks, that's not an option. Besides that, it is an extension to the plugin, so a namechange wouldn't be logical.

Quote:
View Post
Alright, so if I fork the repo and want to create a new thread in Plugin Development for the plugin, I should be able to do that right. It would be my fork that's linked to and I would be the one responsible for anyone who contributes to the project, including Z.iGGi. Not saying that I'm going to, it's just an example. Ownership of the repo could always be transfered back to OrMisicL.

I think Kalcor is dismounting the SA-MP community with his own hands.

FC-NPC? Really?

Though being around for a very long time, since the very beginning of this mod, at the latest year the community just seem to be brought down. I appreciate everything Kalcor and the SA-MP team did for the community for so many years, however, FC-NPC was one of the best plugins ever made by my opinion. I also don't understand the hurry to remove fake players today as they've already been around for several years by now. So many prohibitions lately, feels like in a few months we'd be communicating only by **** ***** ******.

Good decision . Im sick of servers faking players count