Discipline and motivation

Motivation: is the that initial feeling felt on your first day going to the gym, your very few lines of code in a new project... etc.

Discipline: IMO is considered being a soldier. Sticking out to your plans, doing the work, whether you have the motivation or not. don't care. don't know. don't feel. just do the job. right?

At least that's how the two are generally understood. (open to corrections)

But when you compare a day's work based on your motivation levels vs your discipline (assuming you're an average Joe) most of the task/the larger portion is done, thanks to your motivation. The other lackluster part was finished due to your struggle of maintaining a schedule.

Is discipline like taming a little child in you to "just do this job and we'll play after"?
Or is it living your life as a robot following an organized daily-schedule of doing work, day in day out, becoming the new Elon Musk?

Enough of my boring chit-chat, I'd like to know your opinions/thoughts regarding discipline and how to become a better you. And hopefully we all gather bits and pieces of value to ourselves!

Discipline means that you stay in the frame, that is set by yourself or by someone else.
Hopefully both.

There are two major motivations in life: One is sexual desire and the other is a fear of death, anything else is secondary.

And if you think carefully, you'll notice that one sets a limit to other - and its called: "society"

Hope it helps...

I dislike living like an assault. It doesn't matter you play first or work first, it is up to you. It's all about the result. You should live in a straightforward way. Work hard as fuck and you'll get screwed, or nolife in games and you'll also get screwed. It's a matter of balance, if you can balance enjoyment and hard working then you're all good

@VeryTallMidget,
Touching the subject of sexual desire, I always wondered if it could be tammed to do what one wants?
Like we go to the gym to get better bodies and more cofidence so we could go out and get some love.
Tried using it, couldn't really tame it at all.

@Variable,
That's the perfect life everyone wants but not many (actually most) achieve. And even when some do, it's still not enough.
We are the ones who set the amount of effort needed for that perfect balance. It's not a worldwide standard. How does one know that their standards are enough to achieve the best outcome?