SA-MP Source Code Leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
SA-MP removes procedurally generated grass, bushes and rocks, removes the sun, and removes heat waves visible for some weathers. You may have even forgotten that these things are in the game.

I have created CLEO scripts that re-add these things back in the game. There aren't malicious in any way, they simply add the visual effects back.

How would you implement the sun in Pawn, clever guy?
1st: Kalcor can readd this cuz PC Hardware already become more powerful.
2nd: I can do it with one exe file. Without cleo.

Now tell me how cleo belongs to sob., "unclever" guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
ok since you classified all mods as cheats I guess sa-mp is a cheat too. better ban sa-mp
Mods is something that should not affect other players. I know how they used texture mods on tdm servers for foul play on clan wars, and I know how cleo was used to shoot a weapon without reloading, although they said it was a speedometer (and the file had the name speed.cs) to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalen
View Post
Try to understand that not all mods are cheats.
Try to understand that you can't detect cheats or graphics mod use player. At least for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romz
View Post
No, it has nothing to do with SA-MP. I propose to ban everything that can harm players in multiplayer mode. It is necessary to make the game look the same for all players, without any third-party modifications.

I have a lot of players on the server using AIM and WallHack, how can I get rid of these players?
Once again you've confused harmless mods with harmful ones. Apparently there's no point trying to get through to you, so I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
Once again you've confused harmless mods with harmful ones. Apparently there's no point trying to get through to you, so I'll just leave it at that.
I say everything correctly. Sorry, but I find it difficult to communicate with you because I do not know English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
View Post
Try to understand that you can't detect cheats or graphics mod use player. At least for now.
You can leave "detecting" to server moderators. That's what they are to do, FYI. And only they are able to do it without any misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romz
View Post
No, it has nothing to do with SA-MP. I propose to ban everything that can harm players in multiplayer mode. It is necessary to make the game look the same for all players, without any third-party modifications.

I have a lot of players on the server using AIM and WallHack, how can I get rid of these players?
Well, ban all players then, since they can harm players even without cheats. And why is it necessary for the game to look the same for all players? Are we in some communistic society? Besides, everyone has different resolution, aspect ratio, details etc., you can't have all games look the same.

Quote:
View Post
You can leave "detecting" to server moderators. That's what they are to do, FYI. And only they are able to do it without any misunderstands.
I think the problem is though that leaving it to servers is one of the big problems for smaller servers trying to start up. They may not have the numbers of staff to moderate all day etc.

It's a tricky one but we have survived for the past 10+ years without much in the way of anti cheat

Quote:
View Post
You can leave "detecting" to server moderators. That's what they are to do, FYI. And only they are able to do it without any misunderstanding.
Yeah, of course. But what if you don't have a moderator team? I think it's better that it works "from the box".

Quote:
View Post
Now tell me how cleo belongs to sob., "unclever" guy.
I don't understand why you are being so rude. But anyway, let's find out why your arguments ain't relevant.

Quote:
View Post
1st: Kalcor can readd this cuz PC Hardware already become more powerful.
"Can", of course, but it is obvious that we do not have it right now and this is unlikely to happen. Sitting and waiting for a miracle is not an effective practise, is it?

Quote:
View Post
2nd: I can do it with one exe file. Without cleo.
So do you really think that anyone will download it on its own? (without automatically installing it via server). Even if so, you will lose a huge number of players, most of whom will more likely just change the server than install dubious soft from third sources. Moreover, even have prohibited the presence of such files (as it's mentioned before) you will not be protected completely from a little bit more smart guys who will have bypassed it for three and a half days.

Quote:
View Post
And thus the conclusion comes: we can't even know for sure (if we know a player has a cheat), does he use it at all? I can easily have a s0b for my own purposes (and I declare without shame I have it! I test my own systems in the fastest and convenient way without having to do the same on the serverside, or even test it as the cheats to improve my own detection systems). Yes, in that case I can have this software installed, but this does not mean that I intend to use it on some particular server. So it's wise to punish the player for the fact of using the cheat, and not for its existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstGot
View Post
So do you really think that anyone will download it on its own?
For what? It's for personal usage. Like a CLEO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstGot
View Post
I can easily have a s0b for my own purposes (and I declare without shame I have it! I test my own systems in the fastest and convenient way without having to do the same on the serverside, or even test it as the cheats to improve my own detection systems).
I was waiting for this phrase. If we block the Sob and then nothing will be detected. And all his other capabilities can be realized through a pawn: flights, hangs, teleports, spawns of objects and cars etc.

Quote:
View Post
I was waiting for this phrase. If we block the Sob and then nothing will be detected. And all his other capabilities can be realized through a pawn: flights, hangs, teleports, spawns of objects and cars etc.
The same question. For what? We already have it in the clientside tools.

Quote:
View Post
I think It's fine the way it is. There are ways you can script ant-****** and anti cheats. But i understand what OstGot is trying to say, s0be-it is mostly used by server developers because it has a few features they need like coordinates, teleport etc.

But still you can block people to use that in your server and make it for admins only.

There could be a new version 0.3.DL (R2), seeking to fix some of the new features.

- Download count to be exact (sometimes says you need to download all files but in fact it's just a few)
- Improvements of synchronization and to solve problems regarding the stop of synchronization of the client (only corrects if the player reconnects, this occurs from 0.3x)
- Enter the promised features (had said it would enter a textdraw mode similar to the text material)

New functions for hud control, I think it would be easy for you, because some already for certain things (selecting textdraw / object already adds hud, but prevents it from changing the player's camera position naturally).

We know it's a beta, but .. I thought there would be updates. I also thought that 0.3.7 would get an update, with some of the features that there is no connection to the model download system.

Make a global anti-cheat that is enabled by default but servers can still be opted out of it,
I think it would work better since it can access clients' MAC addresses and such stuff like that.

But I disagree with giving direct access to MAC addresses by server owners.

And about s0b ban, it can be optional too, just like "s0b_allowed" or smth in server.cfg.

forget about client-side anticheat
it can be easily hacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
i understand what OstGot is trying to say, s0be-it is mostly used by server developers because it has a few features they need like coordinates, teleport etc.
I understood too. But I do not understand why it is impossible to make a teleport or display of coordinates through the pawn? They are not engaged in development on other servers. if you could not do it through Pawn - let them put another version of the SA-MP where the Sob. will not be blocked. Isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky_
View Post
There could be a new version 0.3.DL (R2), seeking to fix some of the new features.

- Download count to be exact (sometimes says you need to download all files but in fact it's just a few)
- Improvements of synchronization and to solve problems regarding the stop of synchronization of the client (only corrects if the player reconnects, this occurs from 0.3x)
- Enter the promised features (had said it would enter a textdraw mode similar to the text material)

New functions for hud control, I think it would be easy for you, because some already for certain things (selecting textdraw / object already adds hud, but prevents it from changing the player's camera position naturally).

We know it's a beta, but .. I thought there would be updates. I also thought that 0.3.7 would get an update, with some of the features that there is no connection to the model download system.
Adding on to what Locky_ said, I agree it'd be nice for the 0.3.DL branch to receive updates. It's like a beta after all, right? So, adding new features and having the community give feedback on what they like in the 0.3.DL that's receiving updates and introducing new stuff.

Personally, I'd like some limits adjusted/increased (https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Limits). Two things come to mind immediately, the vehicle limit and the attached player objects limit.

Edit: Couldn't care less about samp adding a "client-side-anticheat", I like the ability for servers to specifically create their own systems to combat cheaters. We're able to script anticheats to combat most cheats, but for the ones that we aren't able to easily detect or automatically counter; isn't that why we have admins/staff to begin with? It should be part of their duty to help combat cheaters that enter a community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeJohn
View Post
Personally, I'd like some limits adjusted/increased (https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Limits). Two things come to mind immediately, the vehicle limit and the attached player objects limit.
I agree. Would love for this to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeJohn
View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Kane
View Post
I agree. Would love for this to happen.
I third this, especially with attached player objects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I've been involved in GTA multiplayer mods since 2003. Once you provide updates for a free mods for 15 years, you've earned the right to call me lazy.

I banned a whole bunch of fake Russian servers from lists yesterday. I'm considering severing ties with one of the major Russian hosts over fake players.
Hi, Kalkor.
I am from Russia, and I support the ban of fake servers.
I am for fair competition.
You have blocked many fake servers, but there are still a lot of them.

Here is a list of which I know:
176.32.37.27:7777
176.32.37.251:7777
149.202.37.10:7777
176.32.36.103:7777
176.32.37.93:7777
176.32.39.36:7777
37.230.228.104:7777
176.32.39.22:7777
176.32.36.13:7777
176.32.39.164:7777
176.32.36.130:7777
217.106.104.91:7777
176.32.37.29:7777

By day, these servers are filled with more than 100+ fake players.
Forgive me for my bad english.

^ It might help if there was a streamlined way of reporting servers using fake players :/

I'm sure people who are trying to start their servers in an honest way would like to help stop the fake players too