SA-MP Source Code Leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDraw
View Post
That is exactly what they have done.
Don't think that's because of lack of updates. It's quite absurdly. They just taken the leaked source code and started trying to make something their own. They obviously didn't think about the lack of updates and unfixed bugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalen
View Post
Don't think that's because of lack of updates. It's quite absurdly. They just taken the leaked source code and started trying to make something their own. They obviously didn't think about the lack of updates and unfixed bugs.
If you've checked their release notes before the forums closed you would notice how they update regularly to fix the bugs.

Rlly it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
View Post
Even if I had the necessary amount of spare time (I work full time) *and* I could speak fluent Russian (I don't), I wouldn't touch that project with a bargepole.

I don't agree with what they're doing from a moral point of view, and that's been consistent since it started.

I am however interested in where it goes. I am in their Discord and I have a forum account, I'm merely observing with maybe the odd meme every once in a while...
Thanks for your answer and iam glad go read this.

I'm pretty sure the story of rw-mp will run out shortly.

Quote:

https://forum.mtasa.com/topic/34769-...urce-codequot/

Yeah, I'm the psychopath Mr. 'I put my photo in my gaming profile.'

I have no idea who this guy is. All the original MTA and SA-MP developers are Anglo. He joined 7 years after the fact.

I would love nothing more than for you to sue me! I BEG you to sue me! Send a takedown to sa-mp.com and I will respond with a counter notice.

Do you know what discovery would find? That I'm one of the originators of MTA, and I was never asked permission whether anything I designed could be placed in to the GPL!

Then he threatens to have me assassinated? Wtf? Seriously.

I do not lie. I value the truth above all else.

You can't reverse engineer comments. They aren't compiled in to the game's exe. There are also things like the game's tasks list which aren't in the exe. MTA had full source headers for GTA:SA. Why they keep denying it is beyond me. They obviously have something to hide.

Maybe it's time for MTA to shut down, and stop threatening to kill people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
https://forum.mtasa.com/topic/34769-...urce-codequot/

Yeah, I'm the psychopath Mr. 'I put my photo in my gaming profile.'

I have no idea who this guy is. All the original MTA and SA-MP developers are Anglo. He joined 7 years after the fact.

I would love nothing more than for you to sue me! I BEG you to sue me! Send a takedown to sa-mp.com and I will respond with a counter notice.

Do you know what discovery would find? That I'm one of the originators of MTA, and I was never asked permission whether anything I designed could be placed in to the GPL!

I do not lie. I value the truth above all else.

You can't reverse engineer comments. They aren't compiled in to the game's exe. There are also things like the game's tasks list which aren't in the exe. MTA had full source headers for GTA:SA. Why they keep denying it is beyond me. They obviously have something to hide.

Judgding from the fact that the post was made in 2012, I guess their attempts at assassination were highly unsuccessful. Good for us.

Regardless of this, the people in the thread more or less confirm that several header files were provided by Rockstar, but no actual source code (i.e. .cpp files). Where is the contradiction? Based on the dates, you still had access to those files, so you could have used them to your advantage as well, and the code you made while being part of their team has contributed to both projects. Why the rivality then?

Quote:
View Post
yes kyeman! let's go new SA-MP update! Make it great again, we're all eagerly anticipating!

That file is from public MTA source published in 2009. Nobody outside MTA had access to their source before then, including me. The only version I have is MTA:VC, before R* gave them anything.

SA-MP's code/sync was already done before MTA open sourced. There's no reason to import anything from MTA. I already had my own structures. I haven't looked at the MTA code since they first published (2009).

MTA didn't just get a couple of headers. They had all the headers for the game. My sources (in MTA) tell me R*'s copyright notices were intact up until 2009 when they decided to open source.

They were never given permission to put that code in to the GPL. Like they said, they lost all contact with R* after Hot Coffee. There was no way to get permission. So MTA's claims of open source/GPL are bullshit. There's a whole bunch of people who never authorised their code be placed in the GPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
Judgding from the fact that the post was made in 2012, I guess their attempts at assassination were highly unsuccessful. Good for us.
Well Well Well
  1. Why not sue the one who leaked the source code to SA MP is not for file hosting, because the source file SA MP to be in the public domain, and readily available.
  2. If they have changed the source code, they can assign the authorship no longer specify you as the basis no more. Yes, even if they put their work in public access. In Russia, many can pick up and you sue tortured.
  3. But since you're banned, then let that update SA MP and so is drowning in the pile of flaws !

Quote:
View Post
That file is from public MTA source published in 2009. Nobody outside MTA had access to their source before then, including me. The only version I have is MTA:VC, before R* gave them anything.

SA-MP's code/sync was already done before MTA open sourced. There's no reason to import anything from MTA. I already had my own structures. I haven't looked at the MTA code since they first published (2009).

MTA didn't just get a couple of headers. They had all the headers for the game. My sources (in MTA) tell me R*'s copyright notices were intact up until 2009 when they decided to open source.

They were never given permission to put that code in to the GPL. Like they said, they lost all contact with R* after Hot Coffee. There was no way to get permission. So MTA's claims of open source/GPL are bullshit. There's a whole bunch of people who never authorised their code be placed in the GPL.
That may as well be true, but why should it matter after all these years? You were able to create a multiplayer modification and keep it updated on your own. Compared to the MTA team with many people and many contributors, your single contribution to SA-MP is higher than every MTA team member's.

Instead of improving SA-MP, we are discussing RW-MP (which closed). Let's do a new SA-MP update?

Quote:
View Post
That may as well be true, but why should it matter after all these years? You were able to create a multiplayer modification and keep it updated on your own. Compared to the MTA team with many people and many contributors, your single contribution to SA-MP is higher than every MTA team member's.
Read that MTA guy's post again and imagine you are me. The guy is slandering me, threatening to have me killed. I think I have a right to respond, no?

Quote:
View Post
Read that MTA guy's post again and imagine you are me. The guy is slandering me, threatening to have me killed. I think I have a right to respond, no?
Well I see your point, but based on his form of expressing himself, I doubt he means half of it serious. Besides, the post was made years ago; your message probably won't get to them anyway.

Quote:
View Post
Well I see your point, but based on his form of expressing himself, I doubt he means half of it serious. Besides, the post was made years ago; your message probably won't get to them anyway.
Pretty sure MTA will get the message, people will send it.

However, was this dude even in the MTA team at the time of writing that?

You guys aren't following. Go back 2 pages: https://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php...&postcount=291

Someone called KashCherry was trying to out me on discord (recently) posting that MTA topic, so I responded. I had never seen that topic before since I don't visit MTA's site.

Quote:

However, was this dude even in the MTA team at the time of writing that?

He said he joined MTA in 2010. That post is from 2012, so yes.

I thought the guy joined MTA as a whole in 2010 (as in a player) - but later on joined the team, guess I was wrong then.

Ironic that this was discussed a year ago as well.

I think they were only trying to troll you and get the response they wanted.

By the way, will you add SetPlayerGravity to SA-MP?

I genuinely don't get it, why would a team member publicly threaten to find out and murder their rival and apperantly to "reverse engineer" him. Was he dumb enough to do that? Why wouldn't the other team members remove his message and/or apology for that.

Quote:
View Post
Just a fun fact: I've faced such threats in the past as well, but everything the "competing server" was actually able to do was to send some of their players to throw liquid catfood and recently mackerel in my mail box. They probably watched "The Godfather" movie too much, I wonder when I get the horse head...

Don't worry. Kalcor can at any time move to Russia and we be able to protect him