SA-MP Source Code Leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyoDahBoss
View Post
Kyeman can mop the floor with these guys, and speaking of which press F to pay your respect. Censor this scum breakaway from these forums, its ruining my immersion.

...and hurry up with 0.3DL R2: would be good to have .IFP files (for animation) supported.

thanks.
bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshishtof
View Post
SA-MP Team will release an update when they feel it's needed. There are many features which most of the servers do not use, if you want updates then first update your own servers with existing features. Take a look at 0.3DL server, SA-MP Team spent the time developing it and in result there are only 16 servers on 0.3DL hosted tab. Now ask yourself why there's no update as of yet? Because you, people, don't appreciate the updates.
You are not right. No one wants to upgrade to a version that has not even been released. When the release happens, I am sure that most servers will happily switch to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Float back down to Earth for a second.

SA-MP isn't a product, it's mod for a game. A game which isn't mine and I have no control over. Perhaps the player count is going down because more people are finding it harder to obtain a copy of GTA:SA? I have no control over such things.

Server owners have more control than I do. I usually just respond to what server owners are trying to do. That's how most updates are done.

I'll explain what's happening with SA-MP right now:

Server owners are seeing declining player numbers. Not all, but the older ones. When server owners see decreasing demand, they don't update their scripts. When they don't update their scripts, they don't come to me with new feature requests. Thus, SA-MP development slows.
The complete opposite. Despite the games like GTA Online, players are still finding themselves attached to SA-MP for one reason or another. From my perspective, there has been absolutely no change to the community over the years; people come and people go, and SA-MP stills finds its players.

Not sure which server owners have more control than you, but I have been requesting SetPlayerGravity for more than 7 years by now. And GetObjectModel was added in 0.3.7, years after CreateObject. New features don't have to be some exciting sparky things, but simple things everyone needs, things that could take you a day to implement.

Look around the forum and don't notice people, their names or their opinions, but their work or their suggestions. The community has spent its time on implementing things that we've found missing, more time combined than you spent on SA-MP, but we can only go so far with the possibilities. Plugins like the streamer, YSF, ColAndreas, FC​NPC etc. are responses to real demand from the community.

It's fine if you simply don't want to update SA-MP, but please, don't come with irrelevant arguments.

0.3DL is not popular bcz it's not released as official on main page

Instead of doing an update, you are not clear what, Kye. Why are you sitting on the seat with folded arms, and Russian developers every day fix your terrible code? It's time to do refactoring of the code in SA: MP. You get tens of thousands of dollars from the Hosted tab, and instead of improving SA: MP, you only make it worse. Russian developers from RW-MP Team, fix the crap from YOUR CODE, and improve it after so many years. It would be better to add AntiCheat to the client, and not watch how new vulnerabilities, workarounds, aim`s, and other cheats come out every day. You're pathetic, what a pity to look at you. I hope you will lose money in the near future and you will start to move, because as I understand it, without money you will not even lift your ass from the sofa.

#UnbannedZ!GG!
#FixSAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ][Noname][
View Post
0.3DL is not popular bcz it's not released as official on main page
He weighs a whole week there, maybe a little longer.

In any case, this is a beta version, almost servers are in it, everyone is afraid to use it.

The real problem is updates, I guess they may stop if you actually pay some attention to the mod itself and not the community.

If you really dislike how things are done here, then you can always switch to another multiplayer platform. No one keeps you here.

Guys you are really funny. You saw that somebody stole samp source and instead of supporting sa-mp, you started blaming everything on Kalcor.
Let me remind you that Kalcor created samp for us, samp is the game of my childhood where I had many good days spent, so is problem really in updates? I don't think so. GTA San Andreas is just old game and that's why sa-mp developement has limits, you must be more thankful to Kalcor that sa-mp exists. Our current problem is not about new updates, its about "SA-MP Source Code Leaked".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyGamer
View Post
Guys you are really funny. You saw that somebody stole samp source and instead of supporting sa-mp, you started blaming everything on Kalcor.
Let me remind you that Kalcor created samp for us, samp is the game of my childhood where I had many good days spent, so is problem really in updates? I don't think so. GTA San Andreas is just old game and that's why sa-mp developement has limits, you must be more thankful to Kalcor that sa-mp exists. Our current problem is not about new updates, its about "SA-MP Source Code Leaked".
You're not a server developer so you won't understand how it feels to spend a shitload of time on your gamemode then realize you also have to fix kalcor's bugs. But I don't blame you, as samp existed in your childhood so you're probably just another 15yo.
Samp isn't a stable mod yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouHack
View Post
You're not a server developer so you won't understand how it feels to spend a shitload of time on your gamemode then realize you also have to fix kalcor's bugs. But I don't blame you, as samp existed in your childhood so you're probably just another 15yo.
Samp isn't a stable mod yet.
You don't know me, so I don't blame you for mistaken my age and status.
I know perfectly how it feels to be a server developer, yet I don't cry like girl because of that. Instead I try to see good sides of this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NichWell
View Post
True atmosphere in the game almost did not remain. The mod has become a business, and not a place where you can relax, make new friends and cheer.
And you probably had forgotten to add "and this because Kalcor makes no update".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyGamer
View Post
Is it your personal experience?
Just because you have grown it does not mean that new generation thinks same. Go in any high-playerbase server and check if 10-16 age people have fun or not.
I have been playing since 2011 and have seen a lot. I have a lot of friends who have a server complex scored on 1000/1000. Look on Y0uTиbe, in Russia, video bloggers who are not connected with this mod in any way - advertise projects. In the CIS countries, this mod has become a platform for making money, if you have everything in order with your head. I myself am currently developing a game project, but not for financial gain. I want to rejoice at the fact that I go to play a game, and not to go in and work at a mine, drive a bus or something like that. SA: MP will live a long time, at the expense of the projects of the giants, and the new audience, who have no idea how everything was before and what a shit the modification has turned into now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resers
View Post
And you probably had forgotten to add "and this because Kalcor makes no update".
When I talked about updates, I meant not only the visual part. Look at the game at the moment, see how many bots come out, how many cheats appear every day, how many vulnerabilities are found every day and you will understand everything. Modifications need AntiCheat, quality.

I very love this modification, but why then the MTA does it best? Why is her communication with the audience much closer, why do updates come out more often? If Kalcor does not know what new features to add, you can simply correct the errors that are already in the modification. No, we don’t want to correct something that doesn’t work well, we want to collect money from the Hosted tab and limit ourselves to the developers close to it. Let him turn to the Russian developers, we have a lot of questions, complaints and suggestions to him. Our people are far from stupid, many are able to provide him with a bunch of new ideas, fresh ones, which he never even thought of. Let them even address the audience to the forum and ask what can be added / corrected in SA: MP. But no, Kalcor is proud, he doesn't care about everyone except himself and his income.

P.S. I am by no means advocating for MTA.

Quote:
View Post
Our scripting API is copyright by us. Why wouldn't it be? It's part of the source code.

This is hypothetical anyway. If you look at RW-MP's client they have the samp.saa which contains our scm, data files, image files, font files. They aren't going to create a SA-MP compatible client/server from scratch, it wouldn't be worth it. If I had to go back to the 0.2.5 source, I'd just quit. There's too much work done between then and now.
These losers choose to make a multiplayer mod almost a decade later?!?!?! I didn't know this shit existed till I visited this thread.

The reality is that they are 500 steps behind and will never even manage to get close to SA-MP.

Similarly to Bitcoin. A lot will fork it, but at the end of the day - the original Bitcoin triumphs all forks.

This shit is just another illegitimate fork off SA-MP that will do nothing but spread the fact that it is similar to SA-MP.

SA-MP at the end of the day is SA-MP. They will never take the brand away.

> ALL

Quote:
View Post
Float back down to Earth for a second.

SA-MP isn't a product, it's mod for a game. A game which isn't mine and I have no control over. Perhaps the player count is going down because more people are finding it harder to obtain a copy of GTA:SA? I have no control over such things.

Server owners have more control than I do. I usually just respond to what server owners are trying to do. That's how most updates are done.

I'll explain what's happening with SA-MP right now:

Server owners are seeing declining player numbers. Not all, but the older ones. When server owners see decreasing demand, they don't update their scripts. When they don't update their scripts, they don't come to me with new feature requests. Thus, SA-MP development slows.
I absolutely agree with you here Kalcor.

1. I have players that consistently crash downgrading the steam version of GTA:SA

2. There is no more megaupload to download GTA:SA preinstalled with SA-MP available on PooTube

I believe people have to actually be bothered to torrent to even play the modification without any problems - from experience.

If anything, support for the gaming platform would be of great help and improve the barrier to entry for SA-MP (Steam... don't know your position on that platform).

Then when you load hosted tab, you see only 50 English speaking servers swarmed by hundreds of russian ones. One day it's Phoenix RP Russia, the next day its Arizona Roleplay Russia, then Colorado roleplay Russia, then {insert USA state} Roleplay Russia. I mean you do have a language filter so I suppose it is not as bad as I imagine.

If the SA-MP team was able to curate a server list that is earned through years of being online, that would be great. There aren't many of us left.

__

Edit:

I have also noticed that between client updates, there is a tendency for people to want to start a new server.... Which has the cascading effect of server owners trying to advertise it wherever possible.

Some updates are bad and some are good. E.G. I will never understand the DM community for wanting the "legacy" shooting system which is undeniably inferior - but really all that would be required is some way of finding a consensus between server owners for what features to bring.

An idea for that: Game-MP would be the place to do the voting, I guess. 1 vote per listing. Probably dumb idea anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by NichWell
View Post
When I talked about updates, I meant not only the visual part. Look at the game at the moment, see how many bots come out, how many cheats appear every day, how many vulnerabilities are found every day and you will understand everything. Modifications need AntiCheat, quality.
Friend,
sa-mp doesn't need AntiCheat. Thanks to plugin developers, the sa-mp community already got rid of the question of AC a long time ago. I hope today server owners can deal with cheaters and skids, and only they are responsible for their servers. And it's good I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resers
View Post
Friend,
sa-mp doesn't need AntiCheat. Thanks to plugin developers, the sa-mp community already got rid of the question of AC a long time ago. I hope today server owners can deal with cheaters and skids, and only they are responsible for their servers. And it's good I think.
Just need it. The only normal protection on several Russian servers is the implementation of the AntiCheat client, which scans files for the presence of malicious code, but not every user will download this onto his computer. So you, for the sake of one server, would download it? I think no. And yes, the RakNet plug-in from urShadow - can not always save the situation. AIM continues to work on servers. SH now works more smoothly, and many cheat developers know a bunch of workarounds if their cheats don't work. Many friends who are connected with the fraudulent world in this modification have always told me about AntiCheat that if it is a server from any development, there will always be an opportunity to get around. All as one, they said that we need AntiCheat from the client, not from the server.

Keep the statistics of large SAMP servers in Russia. About a third of this online on the servers are cheaters.