SA-MP Source Code Leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
There are no exciting updates on the horizon. There are some fixes from 0.3.DL that can be merged in to the 0.3.7 client (radar hud/collision/actor).

I'm waiting to see what happens with 0.3.DL to see if it's worth merging model downloading in to the main release. It's very slow though.
Why was 0.3.DL branched off anyway, apart from the "no support from servers"?
Or is that the only reason.

Quote:
View Post
There are no exciting updates on the horizon. There are some fixes from 0.3.DL that can be merged in to the 0.3.7 client (radar hud/collision/actor).

I'm waiting to see what happens with 0.3.DL to see if it's worth merging model downloading in to the main release. It's very slow though.
Sounds good.

Quote:
View Post

In all fairness, these updates to 0.3.7 were announced together with 0.3.DL; there is no need to postpone them when they contain very useful additions and changes (like the increase of the size of the object pool).

It is difficult to draw accurate conclusions from 0.3.DL when, fearing the split of their communities, many server owners prefer to stick to 0.3.7, even though they could find a use for the features of 0.3.DL. I would gladly switch to 0.3.DL if I didn't fear of losing 90 % of players, and I would certainly lose them.

You can add a compatibility option to 0.3.7 R3 to be able to connect to 0.3.DL servers, but without any model downloading included (then you can merge the server lists again). There are some servers that would really welcome this possibility.

Quote:
View Post

Of course it is, everyone is waiting for this from the moment of the 0.3dl announcement

Quote:
View Post
I don’t understand what exactly are you waiting for? 0.3.8 was perfect idea but the division into branches was an idea so-so. For a long time, servers use new models for the game, and 0.3DL helps and simplifies this. If you don’t talk about some bugs, you can safely add some features from those offered before each release. I personally care about the scheme of adding models of cars on the system of objects and skins. But what exactly can You watch so much time I can't imagine.

Regarding another multiplayer, I do not understand its meaning, because there have already been many attempts to do this. Well, with such a big name, this project was supposed to be not only cross-platform, but also be suitable for all games of the gta series on this engine at once.

I imagine how such attempts are knocked out of the rut, but maybe you should not just disappear, but at least keep the community informed that you are no longer just not interested in the progress of your product, but you sit and wait for something. Because we are not just waiting for a miracle hoping to see a new topic like 0.3.9 on the forum. We practically live by it. Amid the fading interest for this game, any delay is fraught with the departure of the audience, online on the servers will disappear, and they will close. therefore I strongly recommend at least briefly periodically reporting to the community the current state of affairs at headquarters.

Would it be difficult to include some better control of NPCs in the next SA-MP release? Considering it was available in the plugin, which however was unstable and caused random server crashes. It would be much better if some functions are added in official SA-MP release. I'm sure this would enable some awesome features being added on all servers.

Speaking of 0.3.DL, we hit 40-50 players online on our S4, which is running on 0.3.DL. Players certainly like the custom models/skins feature. But majority of players don't know about 0.3.DL as it is not official release.

The main issue I spotted though, is that a lot of 0.3.DL servers use unreasonable sizes of models/skins to download, which results in some models/skins being downloaded for couple of minutes. I've tried to keep download time on my server under 2 minutes, but yet there are some servers, where it could go on for half an hour...

Quote:
View Post
There are some fixes from 0.3.DL that can be merged in to the 0.3.7 client (radar hud/collision/actor).
Yes please.

Late to ask but why bother blocking the name of a certain plugin, what did that solve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
View Post
Late to ask but why bother blocking the name of a certain plugin, what did that solve?
Another retard gone from samp? I guess as he said he had nothing to do with RW-MP, but who knows? Maybe Kye is planning an update with NPC fixes? Who knows

I wasn't even using his plugins or whatever he done in samp, in general i don't use code done by Russians

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
Another retard gone from samp? I guess as he said he had nothing to do with RW-MP, but who knows? Maybe Kye is planning an update with NPC fixes? Who knows

I wasn't even using his plugins or whatever he done in samp, in general i don't use code done by Russians
That's a bit closed minded, Pawn.RakNet imo is one of the best plugins SA-MP has available that's made by a Russian.

Regardless, I'm not asking about why he was banned but rather, what does blocking the plugin's name accomplish? You can't say a plugin name because it might remind people of a certain someone? I somewhat understood why Kalcor censored certain sites and handled certain situations in a specific way but this time I can't come up with an answer to what the point in it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle
View Post
I imagine how such attempts are knocked out of the rut, but maybe you should not just disappear, but at least keep the community informed that you are no longer just not interested in the progress of your product, but you sit and wait for something. Because we are not just waiting for a miracle hoping to see a new topic like 0.3.9 on the forum. We practically live by it. Amid the fading interest for this game, any delay is fraught with the departure of the audience, online on the servers will disappear, and they will close. therefore I strongly recommend at least briefly periodically reporting to the community the current state of affairs at headquarters.
Float back down to Earth for a second.

SA-MP isn't a product, it's mod for a game. A game which isn't mine and I have no control over. Perhaps the player count is going down because more people are finding it harder to obtain a copy of GTA:SA? I have no control over such things.

Server owners have more control than I do. I usually just respond to what server owners are trying to do. That's how most updates are done.

I'll explain what's happening with SA-MP right now:

Server owners are seeing declining player numbers. Not all, but the older ones. When server owners see decreasing demand, they don't update their scripts. When they don't update their scripts, they don't come to me with new feature requests. Thus, SA-MP development slows.

Quote:
View Post
Server owners are seeing declining player numbers. Not all, but the older ones. When server owners see decreasing demand, they don't update their scripts. When they don't update their scripts, they don't come to me with new feature requests. Thus, SA-MP development slows.
There are plenty of features, that can be scripted in current SA-MP version, but sometimes I would really appreciate some new functions. I'm not sure whether you've read my post, but for example some native functions to control the NPCs, that would certainly enhance SA-MP - roleplay, freeroam and even DM servers. I don't know if it's possible or worth the time to implement, I just felt I could leave my feedback here.

C’mon, SA-MP not only for server owners. New opportunities come up not with the owners of the servers, but with the community of projects. Scripters working on them, in turn, implement these ideas in all possible ways. Obviously, most servers, especially in the Russian segment, are conservative. They are satisfied with the current version. but to us - those who bring ideas to life, would not prevent some useful functions. Again, hundreds of features are offered before the release of each version. And you want to say that they do not care if they are not from the owners of large servers? Because it is they who control the development? it's not theirs, but your product. You have repeatedly stated that this is why you are doing it alone without opening the source code because otherwise the idea will die. And now you say that development is inhibited by large servers? It's hard to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post

So you are calling Z.iGGi a retard?
Anyone can call you this by looking at your posts.
You were the one who said SAMP code base is like MTA’s.
Even if Kye is about to release an update with some NPC fixes, F.CNPC still IS a good plugin to use, and has tons of features to control your NPC, you didnt use it yet because I doubt you ever done shits with samp NPCs.

And talking about Russian stuff, we gotta admit, they are good at what they are doing.

Quote:
View Post

SA-MP isn't a product, it's mod for a game. A game which isn't mine and I have no control over. Perhaps the player count is going down because more people are finding it harder to obtain a copy of GTA:SA? I have no control over such things.

Server owners have more control than I do. I usually just respond to what server owners are trying to do. That's how most updates are done.

Correctly, Kalcor you after all a little when you answer in a subject of updating of SA:MP, you shout about *******, you close already a lot of things, and that in practice of normal ideas in subjects you don't notice? When someone opened the topic and suggested and helped in the development of SA:MP you just BANNED him! Now you're gonna BAN me too? And after all of the industry? (sorry for my bad english)

Quote:
View Post

If you think that we are wrong, you’re wrong.

Your sentence that I've quoted above does NOT make any sense at all. Even though I try to develop my personal gamemode and just keep updating it for people over Discord server - I am struggling again. I have had to create my own client-sided plugin for players to install otherwise I won't be able to deliver a proper immersion and manage the features properly from the server-side.

It's not that server owners don't update their scripts because of lack of players on their server. It's because most of the people around here don't know how to script and manage sa-mp's server. They stick to the forums and try copy-paste things into their gamemode (similar way to RW-MP and what they did).

Best evidence for that is just having a quick peek at Scripting Help section. Those threads that are being constantly created there didn't change since I have joined this forum.

Say it Kalcor now, do you still follow the rule that OKStyle user has in his description?
Quote:
"... it's makes the game look like it's not GTA. This mod is called San Andreas Multiplayer. It's not a custom game engine which you can script..."
If you say 'Yes.' then that's a lie and you know it well.

I personally think that you should have start reading people's suggestions or at least let them know that you actually do that, because most of them feel like they are ignored (including myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
[...]It is difficult to draw accurate conclusions from 0.3.DL when, fearing the split of their communities, many server owners prefer to stick to 0.3.7, even though they could find a use for the features of 0.3.DL. I would gladly switch to 0.3.DL if I didn't fear of losing 90 % of players, and I would certainly lose them.

[...]
Listen to my man!

I would personally switch most-likely on SA-MP 0.3.DL version if it would be finished. Even you stated something at SA-MP's development branch that pushed me further away from switching.
Quote:
[...]Although there are several new security features related to custom models, these are not yet enabled in the current build. Only use the RC version on servers you trust as there could be unknown security flaws in GTA:SA's model formats.[...]
And you expect wise man to switch on that version, especially when it was abandoned and we don't know what's been left to finish inside. Sure, why not fixes3.inc it.

Don't know what else to say. If I remind myself something then I'm gonna edit this post.

You're all awful. No respect for the developer, his work, his intentions, his reasons. You think you have a better idea aboutt the state of this mod than its only maintainer. Stop acting like SA:MP is a product you paid for and are entitled to. And don't be surprised if he stops replying

OT: I've already shown proof of concept that you can extend SA:MP without breaching its TOS. Had you been smarter you'd have figured it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salik
View Post
Correctly, Kalcor you after all a little when you answer in a subject of updating of SA:MP, you shout about *******, you close already a lot of things, and that in practice of normal ideas in subjects you don't notice? When someone opened the topic and suggested and helped in the development of SA:MP you just BANNED him! Now you're gonna BAN me too? And after all of the industry? (sorry for my bad english)
SA-MP Team will release an update when they feel it's needed. There are many features which most of the servers do not use, if you want updates then first update your own servers with existing features. Take a look at 0.3DL server, SA-MP Team spent the time developing it and in result there are only 16 servers on 0.3DL hosted tab. Now ask yourself why there's no update as of yet? Because you, people, don't appreciate the updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshishtof
View Post
SA-MP Team will release an update when they feel it's needed. There are many features which most of the servers do not use, if you want updates then first update your own servers with existing features. Take a look at 0.3DL server, SA-MP Team spent the time developing it and in result there are only 16 servers on 0.3DL hosted tab. Now ask yourself why there's no update as of yet? Because you, people, don't appreciate the updates.
You, sir, have absolutely no idea what is going on here.
The low amount of 0.3dl samp servers is because it’s not officially on main page and download page. not everyone is going to check forums and download it.
Important English servers (and famous servers) are already using it which is enough. and if a famous server (let’s count full-of-bots russian server) is not thinking about using 0.3dl, is because the owners are scared of losing their current and NEW incoming players.
It’s not about appreciating new updates.. it’s about players who have no idea where to download 0.3dl client, I already know tons of people who dont even know about 0.3dl existence.

btw, did Kalcor replied to your PMs yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshishtof
View Post
How aren't you even ashamed to keep posting here if it's your stupidity that started all this crazy shitstorm?
And what you said is bullshit, people do appreciate the updates, but when they are unofficial, with separate masterlists, almost unknown by the players then don't expect server owners to just go like that and switch. Your server won't be even visible to anyone that uses any version different than 0.3DL. There could be at least some new update notification in the browser, to actually get attention of the players. I still encounter many players that don't even know what I'm talking about when I mention 0.3DL. And because it was first announced as 0.3.8, then cancelled and renamed to 0.3DL, it's even worse.