SA-MP Source Code Leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro100web
View Post
wallen, просто им текут деньги да и ладно, зачем утруждать себя с обновлением, если всё и так хорошо работает. А пользователям нужно больше пространства, больше свободы действий.
Read the forum rules please, this is not the Russian thread.

OstGot, where there is these rules look, where they there is written?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro100web
View Post
OstGot, where there is these rules look, where they there is written?
General >> Forum Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
English Only - The main bulk of the forums are English only, certain other languages have their own specific sections.

We are talking about not an easy topic here to handle, and you come here speaking about forum rules.

Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallen
View Post
We are talking about not an easy topic here to handle, and you come here speaking about forum rules.

Ok.
I don't see the point of talking in the English forum part in Russian which obviously most will not even just understand.

They've done a fake shut down, deleted all evidence, and will most likely come back later with an obfuscated client claiming nothing was taken from SA-MP.

I'm attaching evidence/screenshots of their releases to this post. They contain code/strings compiled from the hacked SA-MP 0.2.5 source, SA-MP artwork and pawn files with the copyright notices removed. They also reverse engineered later SA-MP releases and tried adding that stuff in. The files should be considered toxic and not run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
They've done a fake shut down, deleted all evidence, and will most likely come back later with an obfuscated client claiming nothing was taken from SA-MP.

I'm attaching evidence/screenshots of their releases to this post. They contain code/strings compiled from the hacked SA-MP 0.2.5 source, SA-MP artwork and pawn files with the copyright notices removed. They also reverse engineered later SA-MP releases and tried adding that stuff in. The files should be considered toxic and not run.
Copyright was returned in just a couple of commits.

ya forrgot to lock agaaaaaaaaaain

I'll keep escalating until they shut the project down. Otherwise they'll just come back in a few months with all the SA-MP stuff mudged around. OnPlayerConnect will be OnConnectPlayer etc, and they'll claim its their own work. That's what ZiGG was alluding to (and ultimately why he had to be banned).

Good.

@Kalcor

Hello! Are you planning to release new updates for samp?

Propably in every week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romz
View Post
@Kalcor

Hello! Are you planning to release new updates for samp?
He's obviously not going to say. Like you ask in (mostly) every topic he posts in.

A message from zig.
Quote:

Hi, Kalcor.

I just talked about common practice in programming scene. GNU has rewritten all Unix programs, also Android has Runtime fully compatible with Oracle JVM. And it's exactly what I mean. I do not support code stealing and I have nothing to do with RW-MP (for now I working with RAGE MP and I just watched the progress of RW-MP), but anybody can just write their own SA-MP with fully compatible functions and callbacks, it is possible and legal.

Also F.CNPC is forbidden, but others plugins with old RakNet BitStream still exists on the forum. Why?

I do not ask for unban myself, but I want to ask for remove z.iggi from forbidden words because this broke all my links in all my releases topics. Also it would be nice to restore F.CNPC because it's really nice and usefull plugin, yes it has old proprietary RakNet, but now RakNet is open-sourced and I'm sure that nobody will cares about it.

With love, z.iggi.

Unban ZiGG. Better to release an update of SA:MP.

Quote:

I just talked about common practice in programming scene. GNU has rewritten all Unix programs, also Android has Runtime fully compatible with Oracle JVM. And it's exactly what I mean. I do not support code stealing and I have nothing to do with RW-MP (for now I working with RAGE MP and I just watched the progress of RW-MP), but anybody can just write their own SA-MP with fully compatible functions and callbacks, it is possible and legal.

Not great examples, but okay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCO–Linux_disputes
https://www.zdnet.com/article/androi...oned-platform/
https://www.infoworld.com/article/26...llar-pact.html

Quote:

but anybody can just write their own SA-MP with fully compatible functions and callbacks, it is possible and legal.

No, they can't.

Why can't they? If they don't use any SA-MP code at all. Do not provide any SA-MP includes at all, it seems to be fully legal, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0sh...
View Post
Why can't they? If they don't use any SA-MP code at all. Do not provide any SA-MP includes at all, it seems to be fully legal, no?
*"rwmp team"*

I know why RW-MP is not allowed. I'm specifically asking why if someone were too make a SA-MP remake, and they DON'T use any SA-MP code from the leak and they DON'T ship with copyrighted SA-MP includes, then what's the problem?

There are no exciting updates on the horizon. There are some fixes from 0.3.DL that can be merged in to the 0.3.7 client (radar hud/collision/actor).

I'm waiting to see what happens with 0.3.DL to see if it's worth merging model downloading in to the main release. It's very slow though.