SA-MP Source Code Leaked

Banning the word F.C.N.P.C and the maintainers' name Z.i.G.G.i, really? That's just punishing people that did nothing wrong, including myself: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=611925.

The 0.2.5 source was hacked from our server via computer intrusion. Anyone releasing software based on that code is involved in a criminal conspiracy against us.

The version of RakNet used by SA-MP is not open source. It's used under a paid license. The BASS library is also used under a paid license.

The entire game modding community is being hurt by idiots removing the original copyrights and re-releasing others work as their own.

I'm giving them a few days to shut down and cease and desist from any activity related to SA-MP.

I am somewhat happy to see you taking notice of this. I've vaguely followed the project from a distance and they are being nothing but disrespectful to the original work to be quite honest.

I even tried to have a civil discussion about the copyright issues but it just wasn't happening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
The 0.2.5 source was hacked from our server via computer intrusion. Anyone releasing software based on that code is involved in a criminal conspiracy against us.

The version of RakNet used by SA-MP is not open source. It's used under a paid license. The BASS library is also used under a paid license.

The entire game modding community is being hurt by idiots removing the original copyrights and re-releasing others work as their own.

I'm giving them a few days to shut down and cease and desist from any activity related to SA-MP.
Time to ask yourself why's that happening. One of the reasons may be that they are "Idiots" but there's also another reason and you know it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick94
View Post
Time to ask yourself why's that happening. One of the reasons may be that they are "Idiots" but there's also another reason and you know it well.
Wow riddick you finally say something useful.

Well, I agree with this guy; even though what they make is illegal, but they still give it time, as you're posting now and making false accusations of them, they're in their test server making changes and trying to fix what you couldn't fix.

yeah attack me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick94
View Post
Everyone knows why ... there is not need in mentioning that, however, that doesn't right their wrongs.

i think that rw-rp is good platform for san andreas multiplayer and developer wants to update also this thing not like here. kalcor is in his moms basement doesnt want to share his code and doesnt want to update samp.
and they are not idiots, they are real developers who are doing real updates for samp, samp dialogs and textdraws still look like 2004 basic development.

Honestly, I'm hoping for two things to conclude from this fiasco.

1. RW-MP shuts down (because I don't support stolen work).
2. Kalcor takes into heart that the community wants some more active development and does something about it such as yearly SA:MP updates at the very least.

rw-rp launcher already looks very clean and decent, not like sa-mp launcher, what is built in visual studio years ago, and still isnt updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiosMarcel
View Post
Everyone knows why ... there is not need in mentioning that, however, that doesn't right their wrongs.
smart fella. and totally agree with you. they probably were beginners in programming and wanted some target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1venchy
View Post
rw-rp launcher already looks very clean and decent, not like sa-mp launcher, what is built in visual studio years ago, and still isnt updated.
Visual Studio..................... yeah..................... sure.......................

Quote:
View Post
i think that rw-rp is good platform for san andreas multiplayer and developer wants to update also this thing not like here. kalcor is in his moms basement doesnt want to share his code and doesnt want to update samp.
and they are not idiots, they are real developers who are doing real updates for samp, samp dialogs and textdraws still look like 2004 basic development.
Absolut vodka that's all they know. And yes, CS:GO!

----------------

Kalcor, check your private messages on forum.

Quote:
View Post
And yet, if they spent less time working on stuff like their launcher and actually worked on their core structure; they wouldn't be dealing with copyright issues for stealing someone else's work. lol.

Thank you for deleting MapAndreas 1.2.1, the developer (can't say his name) was using a calculator during the development without giving credits to its creator(s) !

I don't know what to say for real? You guys are supporting an illegal sa-mp rip off. A mod that was made out of an older release of sa-mp that doesn't even have the old bugs fixed. The developers of that mod are focused on the interface of their launcher more than the bugs in their source code. And yeah, why don't you play there if you support it? Keeping it with "4 servers and 0 players" isn't really showing support.

On the other side, I really would like to see sa-mp updated as I won't support a pirated piece of shit even if it becomes better than sa-mp (I doubt).

Other thing to point out, sa-mp was created when it was legal to create multiplayer mods for gta sa, but that rw was created when rockstar prohibited it, so they're thieves and law breakers in the same time. Gotcha, kids.

Still better story than Twilight.

One thing is to punish "violators". But another thing is to block popular related releases and nicknames as forbidden words for all even to discuss that (imo it is a rush of emotions and here is no common sense at all).
Damn, it's just ridiculous and not serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
View Post
I don't know what to say for real? You guys are supporting an illegal sa-mp rip off. A mod that was made out of an older release of sa-mp that doesn't even have the old bugs fixed. The developers of that mod are focused on the interface of their launcher more than the bugs in their source code. And yeah, why don't you play there if you support it? Keeping it with "4 servers and 0 players" isn't really showing support.

On the other side, I really would like to see sa-mp updated as I won't support a pirated piece of shit even if it becomes better than sa-mp (I doubt).

Other thing to point out, sa-mp was created when it was legal to create multiplayer mods for gta sa, but that rw was created when rockstar prohibited it, so they're thieves and law breakers in the same time. Gotcha, kids.
No one is supporting them directly, the problem is banning almost innocent people and deleting some popular and useful threads...

sadly, there's no another Y_Less to come back and make him sane again. Like what happened in that old thread which was about Screenshots & Videos deletion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmir
View Post
sadly, there's no another Y_Less to come back and make him sane again. Like what happened in that old thread which was about Screenshots & Videos deletion.
You can't say anything against the person who made you a beta tester,
Now at least everyone knows what happens next : thread gets deleted and everyone against him banned ( and bans the word rwmp ).

Just people are getting tired of the fact that Kalcor doesn't want to release updates as the launcher, and the multiplayer. Most of the players - Russia and other CIS countries, they have probably missed you all and I want to develop a multiplayer.

I think multiplayer will be decent and good, the design of the launcher, they clearly tried.