SA-MP Source Code Leaked

https://rw-mp.net/

These guys stolen SA-MP Source code, explain??

discusses about SA-MP: https://forum.rw-mp.net/index.php?/t...ntact-of-samp/

They didn't stole anything. They just had creativity, except for the "server version" which all they did is to change some include names and the executable files.

About the client version, i think Sa-Mp development team should take it as an example. I just installed it and it's simply awesome, they also have a language option with 3 different languages. Not to mention the client color too. (2 different colors). And the design, oh dear is simply awesome, reminds me Bootstrap.

They did a good job.

I think they have their own masterlist because looking on their website, only 4 servers are online.

About that discussion thread, i only agree about stopping using dini. People should wake up and stop using years old includes, which are obsolete as well.

Also, the only known leaked Sa-Mp source code is about version 0.2.5.

"A guy who makes a nice chair doesn't owe money to everyone who has ever built a chair."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinderClans
View Post
They didn’t stole anything.
Yes, they did.

You're right that there's no problem writing something similar, but that's not what they did. Nor, FYI, is it what JC2:MP did.

Quote:
View Post
They didn't stole anything. They just had creativity, except for the "server version" which all they did is to change some include names and the executable files.

About the client version, i think Sa-Mp development team should take it as an example. I just installed it and it's simply awesome, they also have a language option with 3 different languages. Not to mention the client color too. (2 different colors). And the design, oh dear is simply awesome, reminds me Bootstrap.

They did a good job.

I think they have their own masterlist because looking on their website, only 4 servers are online.

About that discussion thread, i only agree about stopping using dini. People should wake up and stop using years old includes, which are obsolete as well.

"A guy who makes a nice chair doesn't owe money to everyone who has ever built a chair."
It is highly proven that RW-MP has used the 0.2x/0.2.5 source code to make their own mod. They haven't tried to deny this for the most part. Also, if you think the SA-MP development "team" (we should really stop calling it that - its Kalcor) should focus on a launcher, you're a part of the problem. I would rather them waste time on new features instead of a stupid client launcher that can WOAH CHANGE COLOURS¬!!!!!! get over yourself. Also, what should the SA-MP development "team" take from RW-MP? RW-MP is just SA-MP with less natives and imgui attached to it, nothing special.

The SA-MP source was hacked from one of our servers back in 2010 by some French guy for the benefit of the IV:MP mod. I logged and reported the hack. There are about 10 copies on IdiotHub. I haven't taken them down because my name has to go in to the public IdiotHub DMCA database, or I have to pay a lawyer.

Those guys are sick people. They have no respect for other peoples work. You can download their server release, for example, and it contains all SA-MP's pawn includes with the copyright notices removed.

From their LICENSE file:
Quote:

NOTE: Original source code of SA-MP belongs to their developers.

Well, SA-MP isn't open source, so how did they obtain the source code? Seems they're admitting theft in their license agreement. lol.

https://github.com/rw-mp/plugins-api...4343130f86a261
(before they got told to add them back)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Seems they're admitting theft in their license agreement. lol.
Well in this case your lawyer will be paid by them

EDIT
Well they are really funny.

Quote:

System Requirements

RW:MP will run on any computer that will run San Andreas single player, but give better performance in most cases. However, if you are playing on larger servers, the game may run slower at times if you have a lower spec.

They speak english like indians did (native americans)

Quote:
View Post
Quote:
View Post
arrogant
At least I got my facts right.

Quote:
View Post

They did a good job.

Are you actually trying to be illiterate and retarded in the internet, or do you have major disabilities in real life?

Lol, this topic called copyright bug is also pretty blatant.

Nowadays it's a bug to include credits to the original authors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
Yes, they did.

You're right that there's no problem writing something similar, but that's not what they did. Nor, FYI, is it what JC2:MP did.
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=509847

Can you re-answer this question now with this being out? No I don't want banned nor am I going to put effort into it now. Just is the question capable now?

(This question was four years ago.)

To create exploits, injectors, etc into the today's client 3D or 3zR2?

I'm not a detective or anything but if I had to guess, this guy is the thief

They are great, I rate them 9/11.

Using IPB v4's plain default theme, not to mention their pretty '04 homepage and their *advanced* bug tracker.

Oh, I see a Penguin developer releasing an update, for the 4 servers and 0 players. They are like a sa-mp server that isn't on hosted tab. lmao.

EDIT: In this situation I highly recommend open sourcing sa-mp instead of being a closed source hacked mod. Open sourcing sa-mp will definitely kill the attempts of stealing the source code, and in the same time it'll help the mod get faster updates.

That piece of shit can sell sa-mp's source code, or even release it. It would be a shame to see that happening. If the source code can't be protected anymore (or won't be) then it's better to open soruce it ..not by a random thief.

It's the shame for all penguins!

Hacker revealed. Nutcracker, now!

RW-MP LMAO. <a_rwmp> WTF LMAO xDDDD

They don't even have hosted tab xDDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
View Post
They are great, I rate them 9/11.

Using IPB v4's plain default theme, not to mention their pretty '04 homepage and their *advanced* bug tracker.

Oh, I see a Penguin developer releasing an update, for the 4 servers and 0 players. They are like a sa-mp server that isn't on hosted tab. lmao.

EDIT: In this situation I highly recommend open sourcing sa-mp instead of being a closed source hacked mod. Open sourcing sa-mp will definitely kill the attempts of stealing the source code, and in the same time it'll help the mod get faster updates.

That piece of shit can sell sa-mp's source code, or even release it. It would be a shame to see that happening. If the source code can't be protected anymore (or won't be) then it's better to open soruce it by the sa-mp and not by a random thief.
I'm pretty sure they base their mod on the 0.2 source code leak, and since then added features themselves (copied them 1:1). So all they can do is release their "own" code.
Lots of bugs that were fixed ages ago in SAMP still exist and it frequently crashes. Even some 0.2 server crashers still work on their servers (have fun with hosting a server there).

Also note they started 2 years ago, and 1 gamemode with 3 teleports is all their community achieved to date. And that's the most important thing, they can add as many features as they want - if noone plays or develops scripts for their obviously stolen mod it's just going to be burried at some point.

0 players online... Yeah..

In all honesty I'm feeling mixed about this. Yeah, it's wrong to use stolen source code, but if SA:MP is no longer being developed, can you really blame people for doing this? Frankly, more multiplayer mods right now are trying to build a community out of an (at the moment) dying and largely abandoned (development-wise) community by providing backwards compatibility for SA:MP gamemodes. I'd rather have seen them join an existing development team, and seeing as you can't join SA:MP, they should've went with the other more-customizable multiplayer mod (still not sure if we're allowed to say names or not).

I have seen a program, that uses samp client (visual part) to collect info about online servers (not samp servers).
Someone took it to convert it for other game and said its OK, because its a free version of samp, open for anyone to use it.
Maybe i can find it, but what's the point ?