What music instrument you can play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlee
Посмотреть сообщение
I play the piano, guitar and drums. I also make my own music
It literally says right here, are you autistic? Do I have to prove myself to you? Who the fuck do you think you are? Some music maestro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k1nG
Посмотреть сообщение
Pressing a keyboard button IS NOT playing a musical instrument. Your can be a good "song" and all but you don't play any instrument at all, instead you just pick some pre-rendered sounds, put them one after the other on the timeline thinking you can be a lil smth and die of overdose at 16, comparing playing any musical instrument to synthetizing some "music" at the PC is for who knows nothing about music.
Yes musicians may use softwares to sharpen their sounds/add effect but that's still different. There are people who are real artists capable to deal a massive amount of feelings to listeners playing their instrument. Yours are only artifical sounds with no soul, skill and any sort of musical knowledge.

I play guitars in general, classic, acustic and electric, my preferite. I'm good at bass too.
Buuuut, they make that sweet $$$ from it.

Seriously though, you shouldn't be so polarized about electronic music. Sure, it isn't the same as playing a physical instrument that takes plenty of time of and effort to get proficient at but at the same time, you can say the same about someone making a song in FL Studio or a similar program. No artist that makes music through a similar medium sat down and made a great piece the first time they opened up the program. Modern music is mostly just electronic sounds, some of it is real instruments but most of it is those pre rendered sounds, just go and look up the Billboard 200, listen to what you see on there and tell us how many songs are played with actual instruments along with how many are not.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make you the arbitrary judge over what music can be made from.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Pressing a keyboard button IS NOT playing a musical instrument. Your can be a good "song" and all but you don't play any instrument at all, instead you just pick some pre-rendered sounds, put them one after the other on the timeline thinking you can be a lil smth and die of overdose at 16, comparing playing any musical instrument to synthetizing some "music" at the PC is for who knows nothing about music.
Yes musicians may use softwares to sharpen their sounds/add effect but that's still different. There are people who are real artists capable to deal a massive amount of feelings to listeners playing their instrument. Yours are only artifical sounds with no soul, skill and any sort of musical knowledge.

I play guitars in general, classic, acustic and electric, my preferite. I'm good at bass too.
A lot of producers actually play an instrument, except for the bad ones. And wtf is "artificial" sound? Aren't all musical sounds artificial? Nature doesn't have any part in creating music. Music is about pattern and rhythm, not sound.

I'm just saying that playing an instrument's another thing, and a better one.
I'm not telling that it is wrong to use any software to do/edit/mix music.
Of course I encourage learning how to actually play a real instrument rather than messing around with a software trying to copy shitty mainstream music!
My tone in last posts was like that because genres like trap music are like "I'm a preppy runt, yet I hate my parents. I can play and sing for nothing and I will just act backwards in every possible way to get enough attention and then random talk about psychiatric drugs".
Anyone who cares a bit about musical culture can take it the wrong way, you know.
Please note that through the years some music genres with rebel behaviours (finalized to social/political messages) were already born, but these guys are just random pretending.
The whole music scene is already a mess, the more we go further the less good artists are searched for, instead kids mixing psychiatric medicines with alcohol and drugs at 16yo and talk about it in completely random song with a voice of someone who's not even capable of staying right on its feet..
Well, freedom is freedom but please stay away from what real music actually is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlee
Посмотреть сообщение
It literally says right here, are you autistic? Do I have to prove myself to you? Who the fuck do you think you are? Some music maestro?
Lol no keep that trash for yourself

Dude you're the one who made the hostile remarks out of nowhere, "You'd end up overdosing" and shit, how can you be so quick to judge? You don't even know me, we've never even talked and you start ranting about Electronic music and whatnot.

Quote:

thinking you can be a lil smth and die of overdose at 16

is to discourage anyone from hearing/playing/identifying theirselves in that music.
Obviously I don't know what you do IRL.

Stop assuming shit and don't randomly rant about shit, sit down.

Is false stuff that trap rappers are a bunch of junkies?
You are just random bsing now. Also my point was that playign a real instrument is way better than doing nothing and using synthetized everything in songs. The fact that trap music is shit and etc was only a detail, which seems to have triggered you out.

you have big gay

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm just saying that playing an instrument's another thing, and a better one.
I'm not telling that it is wrong to use any software to do/edit/mix music.
Of course I encourage learning how to actually play a real instrument rather than messing around with a software trying to copy shitty mainstream music!
My tone in last posts was like that because genres like trap music are like "I'm a preppy runt, yet I hate my parents. I can play and sing for nothing and I will just act backwards in every possible way to get enough attention and then random talk about psychiatric drugs".
Anyone who cares a bit about musical culture can take it the wrong way, you know.
Please note that through the years some music genres with rebel behaviours (finalized to social/political messages) were already born, but these guys are just random pretending.
The whole music scene is already a mess, the more we go further the less good artists are searched for, instead kids mixing psychiatric medicines with alcohol and drugs at 16yo and talk about it in completely random song with a voice of someone who's not even capable of staying right on its feet..
Well, freedom is freedom but please stay away from what real music actually is.

Lol no keep that trash for yourself
you think trap instrumentals have anything to do with the degenerate lyrics? and do you think hip hop is the only electronic music genre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
you think trap instrumentals have anything to do with the degenerate lyrics? and do you think hip hop is the only electronic music genre?
kinghual tell 'em

OK, let's rewind a little. This whole showdown started with this:

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Pressing a keyboard button IS NOT playing a musical instrument.
That's wrong. If we look a the definition of instrument, we'll find:
a : a means whereby something is achieved, performed, or furthered
b : one used by another as a means or aid : DUPE, TOOL

Thus keyboards are instruments, and since they can be used to create music, they can be seen as musical instruments.
They are instruments that can be used to create sound. The technology differs, but they all output sound.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
There are people who are real artists capable to deal a massive amount of feelings to listeners playing their instrument. Yours are only artifical sounds with no soul, skill and any sort of musical knowledge.
About the skill part: Wrong. Leaving keyboards aside, even if we talk about classic instruments like piano, trumpet, guitar, etc, each has its own grade of difficulty. Software is not different. Every advanced software takes skill to handle with ease. This includes software used for creating music.
Even simple coding takes skill. Look at the dude who programmed 8 floppy disk drives to sing "Darude - Sandstorm". It's music played through programming.

At the soul and emotion part, that is and will remain your opinion. Not the absolute truth.
Just because you remain cold when hearing electronic music, doesn't mean that other people will or should do the same.

HeLiOn_PrImE I have to disagree with some points of your post:

Before starting I am not sure you got my point about "keyboards". With keyboard I meant PC's ones meaning the act of pressing enter button.
Also I wasn't meaning that no skill is needed to "write" a song using the PC (and by extension electrophones), and I stated that multiple times already.

Quote:

They are instruments that can be used to create sound. The technology differs, but they all output sound.

Firstly a sound is not music, music is a form of art and/or culture where sounds are organized in time.
A musical instrument is an instrument created or adapted to make musical sounds. I don't use my guitar to script my server and play some music in the free time indeed. After I write some good music lines up, I can record them, and edit the song's effects using the PC, which is straightly different from using pre-rendered sounds, putting them one after the other and calling the result a song. To me music is made by musicians using their brains on musical instruments instead.

Quote:

About the skill part: Wrong. Leaving keyboards aside, even if we talk about classic instruments like piano, trumpet, guitar, etc, each has its own grade of difficulty. Sofware is not different. Every advanced software takes skill to handle with ease. This includes software used for creating music.
Even simple coding takes skill. Look at the dude who programmed 8 floppy disk drives to sing "Darude - Sandstorm". It's music played through programming.

I know that guy's channel, Floppotron, he is awesome. I don't know how he covers the songs, but I bet he samples the notes. Yet speaking of that song, Sandstorm, its genre is mainly played with sinthetizers, drum machines*, samplers, sequencer, vocoder and digital audio workstations. You can strive how much you can, yet these are not simple instruments and if you simply got no more electricity you suddently aren't a musician no more, because you are not a real musician as a CPU was helping you doing the job. On the other hand my acustic guitar will play careless in the dark, and probably with a better impact too. That IS what I call a musical instrument.

Quote:

At the soul and emotion part, that is and will remain your opinion. Not the absolute truth.
Just because you remain cold when hearing electronic music, doesn't mean that other people will or should do the same.

Likings are not to be discussed. I don't stay cold at electronic music, I stay cold at songs I don't like, as we all do. Never said people gotta hear what I hear, and indeed, I didn't state anything like that, nor which artists to hear but there are some music genres I don't hesitate from shitting on, like the trap "music", which is, as you said, my opinion.

* A drum machine means that you use no drum, but a software instead. I invite you to
1) Buy a musical instrument
2) Play it with a real drummer
3) Play it with a drum machine
4) Call your drummer friend back

It will be hard to understand if you never played an instrument before, but playing with CPUs and playing with people IS NOT the same thing. When playing live it is important how you do the thing, playing too hard for example will change the "how you feel the song", can jump a step to emphatize something the singer is telling, add remove/add notes to give different sensations and so many more. Instead a machine will just play the sound with no expression in it, the drum machine will always do PA PA PA PA PA PA PA PA PA.

I hope you got my message now, if you still don't I'll write it plain:
Musical instruments are the topic of this thread

Now for the sake of the peace I repeat that once again: my posts were simply to tell "We were talking about musical instruments".
There's a short list here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al_instruments
So no pre-rendering softwares and etc.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
drum machine will always do PA PA PA PA PA PA PA PA PA.
Drum Machines only go "PA PA PA PA" if you tell them to.

Most electronic instruments (let's call it that) also have for example velocity, volume and other options and ways to play them. It just depends on the artist to utilize these in a natural or creative way. Saying Machine Drums aren't able to generate variation in sound, volume and velocity is just wrong. It's the artist who's not able to do that in such a case.

Obviously you won't find this sort of skill in most electronic music because either the artists aren't skilled in that regard (not much experience outside their own genre), or it's just a genre you can't compare to rather classic music genres since they are just totally different, like Trap.

But there are people who can play various instruments with skill and therefore know how to properly utilize Drum Machines, software based guitar synthesizers and more in a DAW to make them sound like an actual instrument, or even better.

I bet you'd be surprised if you knew how many of the studio versions for rock and metal bands actually weren't completely recorded, but produced and sampled using DAWs, synths and software Drum Kits.

I'm with NaS here.
I never said sound = music. I said all these things output sound, therefore they can play music, if used properly.
A random strike of a keyboard won't necessarily create music, but neither will a random blow in a flute or a random pull of a guitar string.
This comes from a guy who used to play piano. From a technical point of view, I still stand by my words. These days, computers and their peripherals can taken as musical instruments.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
To me music is made by musicians using their brains on musical instruments instead.
This is where we disagree. You only appreciate analogue instruments, and I'm fine with that. But I also appreciate the digital.

Quote:

Drum Machines only go "PA PA PA PA" if you tell them to.

Most electronic instruments (let's call it that) also have for example velocity, volume and other options and ways to play them. It just depends on the artist to utilize these in a natural or creative way. Saying Machine Drums aren't able to generate variation in sound, volume and velocity is just wrong. It's the artist who's not able to do that in such a case.

True that, yet the PA PA PA is to mean the total inflexibility of the sound you come to hear, it's totally un-natural if you get what I mean.

Quote:

I bet you'd be surprised if you knew how many of the studio versions for rock and metal bands actually weren't completely recorded, but produced and sampled using DAWs, synths and software Drum Kits.

A lot of mainstream bands to that, I guess that's the typical case of "industrial production" in music, but there are several guys (not only from the "hardest" scenes) who don't do that, they actually play and watching them live is really something, you can definitely tell that guy is a good musician when you hear the same thing both in lives and studio version, and some people are even better in live performances.

You are just a fellow who prefers live bands and music instead of synthesized music, it's your personal opinion.
Thank you for your opinion

Trumpet/cornet (primarily). Other than that - just a recorder haha. Or maracas and tambourine... oh and the triangle.......