A new server about Havana, Cuba

Hello, I am from Cuba but I am living in Miami now. I want to create a role play about Havana, Cuba and how it was capitalist Cuba. Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge of game programming. I only program websites with NodeJS technology. I need the help of someone who can make maps and someone who knows how to program for games (I'm not even sure what language is used, I think C ++). In exchange for being administrators in the game.

On the other hand, I am creating the forum of the game. Please, make sure that you know a little Spanish, because I want this game in Spanish and English.

First of all, I'm completely confused about whether or not you want to create an actual game or create a server for SA:MP seeing as you use both terms in your post.

I'm going to assume you're interested in creating a server, in which case you should post this in this section. The 'main' scripting language we use is Pawn, which is a C-like language. It is possible to create a server in C++ by creating a plugin, though. I'm also curious, why should someone spend a lot of time creating a roleplaying server for you just for them to 'become an administrator' when they can also start their own server? Especially when creating a website and forum is (usually) the easier part of such a project. Don't you think you'd make more chance if you'd switch around those roles or at the very minimum both have equal ownership over the server? It's just a suggestion, though.

Say hello to my little friend

It's kinda hard to start a server if you yourself can't script.

gud

Quote:
Originally Posted by corne
View Post
First of all, I'm completely confused about whether or not you want to create an actual game or create a server for SA:MP seeing as you use both terms in your post.

I'm going to assume you're interested in creating a server, in which case you should post this in this section. The 'main' scripting language we use is Pawn, which is a C-like language. It is possible to create a server in C++ by creating a plugin, though. I'm also curious, why should someone spend a lot of time creating a roleplaying server for you just for them to 'become an administrator' when they can also start their own server? Especially when creating a website and forum is (usually) the easier part of such a project. Don't you think you'd make more chance if you'd switch around those roles or at the very minimum both have equal ownership over the server? It's just a suggestion, though.
The problem is that many people want to manage their own server but they can not obtain that server for many reasons. For example, the person who taught me how to program in NodeJS did not have the money to rent their own server despite having a job and these are inexpensive. It is not my intention to profit from this roleplay.

However, I understand what you say.

Program an entire server for someone who doesn't code is like giving a machine gun to a mutant shark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermanhaut
View Post
Program an entire server for someone who doesn't code is like giving a machine gun to a mutant shark.
Or, he takes onto the role of a Project Manager and plans the whole server then he takes his plans to the Game Developer to put in action. Work in a team Make the project with someone not for someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiWow
View Post
Or, he takes onto the role of a Project Manager and plans the whole server then he takes his plans to the Game Developer to put in action. Work in a team Make the project with someone not for someone.
Or you delegate every hard task to somebody else instead of putting in the effort to maintain a relationship with your community by understanding and being able to make changes to the game you're in charge of. Oh, and you don't pay for any of this as that would be unreasonable. It's only a SA-MP server after all.

Never make a new server with your own ideas. Make like successful servers and when you gain population and recognition by others, start implementing your own ideas. Or you'll end up having no players at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romerodiesan
View Post
Hello, I am from Cuba but I am living in Miami now. I want to create a role play about Havana, Cuba and how it was capitalist Cuba. Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge of game programming. I only program websites with NodeJS technology. I need the help of someone who can make maps and someone who knows how to program for games (I'm not even sure what language is used, I think C ++). In exchange for being administrators in the game.

On the other hand, I am creating the forum of the game. Please, make sure that you know a little Spanish, because I want this game in Spanish and English.
Hello,
I could do all the programming stuff.
Contact me if you are interested.
My mother is Cuban by the way.

Would be nice but will take a lot of mapping