Open source dev.

I have some commitment issues (it's just one of many others) and i can't finish any of my projects. I have a .txt file named "Good ideas that i will never put it to work".

So i was wondering start an open-source gamemode development, because i know there are a lot of us out there and we could help eachother out or nah

What are your thoughts about open-source gamemode development?

Just do it. Eventually you'll find people who will contribute to your project, if there is anyone interested in that project.

I've considered to make the roleplaying gamemode I've been working on open-source because I do see the benefits, and there's a lot of people in the community I'd love to have the feedback of, or help improve things I wouldn't have thought of, but the reason I chose not to is because I feel like the SA:MP community in general is not mature enough to handle open-source scripts. Not to mention there's also benefits to keeping a script closed source in certain cases. It's better to consider giving contributor rights to certain people who you trust or think they are mature enough.

the problem in samp are rare the persons who real will help...

and biggest part is for take your gm and open sv and remove credits.

look the GM GodFather.

Has it been started? I think many would be interested to contribute.

There are no open source projects that begun from scratch. It's always one coder or two making a base script and putting it somewhere where others can contribute.

If you didn't even implement anything nor have any idea what you're actually doing then you'll just get children trying to be admins on your future server.

That'll be a complete disaster ; different people with different coding style. For them, their codes might be readable but for you, it might not be the case. And also, as Variable said, only kids wishing to be an admin will try to make useless codes just to get in to the administration/development team. You might just want to start up the basics (Registration/login system & Administration System) by yourself and then you might just recruit professionals who really wants to put in the work and make the gamemode a better one bug-free (Although no gamemodes are really bug-free, just used the term for reference).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaxM
View Post
That'll be a complete disaster ; different people with different coding style. For them, their codes might be readable but for you, it might not be the case. And also, as Variable said, only kids wishing to be an admin will try to make useless codes just to get in to the administration/development team. You might just want to start up the basics (Registration/login system & Administration System) by yourself and then you might just recruit professionals who really wants to put in the work and make the gamemode a better one bug-free (Although no gamemodes are really bug-free, just used the term for reference).
You don't have to accept code that sucks. You can decide for yourself what pull request you accept and what you don't want in your gamemode.