How did you start coding?

Me, I started coding casually. After a playtime of 3 hours on a TDM server, I went exploring my SA-MP folder. And when I found pawno.exe I was like
"What the heck is this.. A .exe file in SAMP folder.. Should be some sort minigame developers leave in game folders"
I still remember the feeling when I opened that horrible editor. Never ever thought it'd catch my attention that much. That "build" button ended the job in the end. It made me realize it was something to create gamemodes!
The only thing I was able to do was to SendClientMessage with odd colors and use SetPlayerPos.
I play SAMP since some years, 2013. If only I would have opened that .exe earlier.. Maybe I'd have taken another path in my life.

I didn't start that newbie-ish. I just found out the wiki and realized that I could make scripts and then began writing snippets and downloading scripts and editing them then I began writing my own filterscripts and later on I figured out how to make the basic concepts of a game mode which helped me make great modes. After years of scripting I mastered the language itself and became capable of doing many things that I thought it's impossible to achieve. By the end of the day, nothing is impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k1nG
I still remember the feeling when I opened that horrible editor. Never ever thought it'd catch my attention that much. That "build" button
Same, I've started coding PAWN when I found out about an Albanian server which was using NGG script and by looking up on forums I started being interested.

downloading a leaked ngg gamemode and stated editing it

Liked a server I was admin at. Wanted to do the same. Made my first (and quite frankly bad!) freeroam script.

i wanted own server and i started download gamemodes from the forums..

I wanted to create a rip-off of a freeroam server which you all can guess.

because i wanted social acceptance in samp discord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlee
View Post
because i wanted social acceptance in samp discord
and you still don't get acceptance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0sh...
View Post
and you still don\'t get acceptance.

I found this samp mod in summer 2008. Some days later i was curious how they did place objects around the server on a freeroam server. So i downloaded a server package from sa-mp.com/downloads and started to edit a lvdm gamemode. I used MTA SA Map Editor and convertffs(?) to convert to pwn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0sh...
View Post
stop bullying me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
View Post
I didn't start that newbie-ish. I just found out the wiki and realized that I could make scripts and then began writing snippets and downloading scripts and editing them then I began writing my own filterscripts and later on I figured out how to make the basic concepts of a game mode which helped me make great modes. After years of scripting I mastered the language itself and became capable of doing many things that I thought it's impossible to achieve. By the end of the day, nothing is impossible.
In one way like this as the partner said but, I learned from people who knew more then me before. But I still remember my greatest success back then when we was running a first server with my brother and a partner of Fusion Host we owned with a LVDM gamemode. Surprisingly 20/20 a whole month without hosted tab. In a way, it was a sign to me that I was doing some good things and that I would continue to work today what I had done before.

With a keyboard and pawno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
View Post
Exactly. Lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
View Post
No display?

Liked a server I was admin at. Wanted to do the same. Made my first (and quite frankly bad!) cnr script.

Thnx brother j0sh.

I started after playing an old RP server, it gave me a lot of motovation back then, now I have no time at all, nor do I have the patience.

I bought a COD gamemode from Flake for $20, years ago, i don\'t remember when. I think...mh, 2012? 2013?

However, yeah, started in this way.

And fun fact, i still have the original gamemode somewhere in my backup CD\'s.

Sad thing is I started at all.