Portforwarding with dynamic IPs

Hello, is there a way to portforward with dynamic IPs? Afaik you can't do that with dynamic IPs but some people said I can, I've tried multiple times and it didn't work for me? May it be my country or what's wrong?

Use No-IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouHack
Посмотреть сообщение
Use No-IP
Can you explain it a little bit more, I don't really know what No-IP is :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbedie
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello, is there a way to portforward with dynamic IPs? Afaik you can't do that with dynamic IPs but some people said I can, I've tried multiple times and it didn't work for me? May it be my country or what's wrong?
You can port forward, you open the port on the ip address of your local machine (so if you set that to a static ip, you always have the port forwarded). Then you just have to change your outgoing ip constantly in SA:MP client because it changes all the time.. It sucks, but it works like that.

No-ip just sets a hostname for your IP address. which will not work since your ip address constantly changes.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Can you explain it a little bit more
https://www.noip.com/

Create an account there and paste the created hostname in client.

Is this all good, or do I have to change anything?

P.S: port 7777 won't work, it says something like public port conflict so I had to change it to 7778

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Is this all good, or do I have to change anything?

P.S: port 7777 won't work, it says something like public port conflict so I had to change it to 7778
You need both TCP and UDP for SA:MP

The act of port forwarding is to expose a port to the outer network e.g. the internet or sub network. That doesn't mean that it doesn't work for dynamic IPs. Dynamic IP means that your internet provider changes your IP address whenever they want. You're still able to host a server at home though. If you want your friends to play on your home server, you have to look up your current IP address, or decide to get a domain name for your home internet address.

SA:MP doesn't utilize TCP, so this is not a requirement at all.