Just discovered VS Code

I'm a traditionalist, i always liked old and "static" things.

Always scripted with Pawno, but today i wanted to change. I read about Notepad++ Pawno Compiler and Sublime Text. After a short research on *insert a famous search engine name here* i just found VS Code (from Microsoft), read some tutorials to implement pawn.cc in VS Code and voilа:

https://image.ibb.co/gHH4C9/Immagine.jpg

Yeah i know what you're asking, where have you been until now? As i said, i'm a traditionalist.

Yeah, i know someone here will not give a shit about, but i wanna suggest everyone to switch to Vs Code, that's another world.

My 2 cents.

thats nice write a blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
thats nice write a blog
I'll do it.

i started using sublime about a year ago and now i'm kinda used to it, should i bother to switch to vsc? does it have everything sublime text has?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
Посмотреть сообщение
i started using sublime about a year ago and now i'm kinda used to it, should i bother to switch to vsc? does it have everything sublime text has?
Yes, and a lot more, it even has sublime text keymaps and monokai theme.
https://nickjanetakis.com/blog/switc...m-sublime-text

That's nice write a blog.

If I were Kalcor I would remove that pawno from the next SA-MP Server release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasino97
Посмотреть сообщение
If I were Kalcor I would remove that pawno from the next SA-MP Server release.
Why? Some people want to use what's shipped with the server package. Removing that would be pointless. if you want to use a different IDE, that's your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
thats nice write a blog
lmfao

Peasants, just use Notepad or Brackets.

write a blog
thank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
Посмотреть сообщение
Why? Some people want to use what's shipped with the server package. Removing that would be pointless. if you want to use a different IDE, that's your choice.
I don't think Pawno can be called an IDE at all, it is a text editor with a fixed list of functions on the right side. If you want to open multiple files, you will have them in different windows instead of tabs. You don't even have a file explorer, so you also need a Windows Explorer window open.
Another problem is the way it is packaged in the SA-MP server package. It is not installed in the system, but it is used in a "portable" way. Having multiple SA-MP server folders usually also means having multiple "pawno", and even multiple Pawn compilers and include folders. I think it would be better instead to include an installer wizard for pawno, creating a proper registry entry, and a directory in Program Files or in the user home, also containing the includes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
Definitely this issue is the thing that I hate the most and still I cannot get used to it.
The second one was the minimap, but fortunately they finally added a View/Hide minimap in the View menu.
But after all, it is a very good code editor.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Pawno is designed as a beginner system for people to get straight in to coding pawn, and I've no doubt that it contributed significantly to the success of SA:MP by lowering the bar to entry to basically zero.
No doubt.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
The stand-alone-ness is one of the best parts of pawno. You want to get started for the first time? Great, just click here and you are off. Pawno is designed as a beginner system for people to get straight in to coding pawn, and I've no doubt that it contributed significantly to the success of SA:MP by lowering the bar to entry to basically zero. If you develop and want more advanced features, they're out there, but if you just want to hit a single button and be up-and-running, I can't think of another option. Yes, the indentation mixes tabs and spaces, and yes it only has one tab (which probably contributed to the obsession with single-file monolithic modes), but it is trivially easy to use.
Can't agree more. I used both VSCode and Pawno and the difference is abyssal.

No doubt i feel more "secure" scripting with VSCode, first because the colours, i always liked dark colours (not that much tho). Second the editor, god damn is awesome. I agree with Sasino97 too. Sometimes i help a friend developing his server and so i have 2 pawno folders (with 2 different include folders), and everytime i open the wrong Pawn!

To fix this issue i just created both Pawn shortcuts to my desktop and renamed them according to their gamemode folder.

But i think i'll switch soon and permanently to VS Code, also the replacing system is awesome...can reduce my time up to 50%.

I have both VS and Sublime installed, but for 90% of things i use Sublime for simple reason, startup is blazing fast. The only reasons i like and have VS Studio is that out of the box it has better intellisense then on Sublime (these is arguable with installing packages) and one click package manager (not that i mind Sublimes "console" way, its just most packages require additional setup that is usually very simple but not obvious).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER
Посмотреть сообщение
I have both VS and Sublime installed, but for 90% of things i use Sublime for simple reason, startup is blazing fast. The only reasons i like and have VS Studio is that out of the box it has better intellisense then on Sublime (these is arguable with installing packages) and one click package manager (not that i mind Sublimes "console" way, its just most packages require additional setup that is usually very simple but not obvious).
VSC Startup is also blazing fast?

I personally think that VS Code is useful if you are up for modular programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
Посмотреть сообщение
I used Sublime Text for the longest time and adored it, but ever since I switched to VSCode I never looked back, it has everything Sublime Text had and more, I wouldn't want to switch even if I was paid.