Get players without purchasing Hosted Tab?

SA-MP is awesome and I wanna publish a server.

Is it possible to run a server and gain players without it being on the hosted tab?

I searched and found out that internet tab is same as hosted tab so if you don't purchase hosted tab you will not appear in SA-MP browser AT ALL and the game-mp.com website doesn't sell either which forces you to get expensive hosted tab listing in other websites.

It just doesn't make sense to start a server that you are not profiting and paying ~$30 a month for it.
Sure after gaining some players and profit it makes sense to purchase hosted tab listing.

So is it possible?

I think when you start out it's really important to have a server advertisement set up on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietComrade
View Post
I think when you start out it's really important to have a server advertisement set up on here.
Hmm, that could help but I think majority of SA-MP players do not use the forum.

You need the audience ready before opening it, otherwise you open it for no one. Make a discord, get some people and make them curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by severance
View Post
You need the audience ready before opening it, otherwise you open it for no one. Make a discord, get some people and make them curious
I've never used discord that way but I've seen people use it for this purpose here.

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately if you wanna get your server noticed nowadays you need to advertise. Hosted tab is a good option, but you could try other means to get players if you do not want to purchase the hosted tab.

Id try advertising in other places first. Like on forums etc.

Almost impossible to get a good amount of players wihtout hosted tab. Noone would give a fuck for emtpy server, you'll have players only if your friends playing there.

You could try advertising your server on *******. And as someone already suggested use discord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
You could try advertising your server on *******. And as someone already suggested use discord.
I can't read it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryM4Life
View Post
Today it is even hard for servers with hosted tab to get players
Well at least they are in the SA-MP browser... both in internet tab and hosted tab.

Thanks for comments.

He meant to advertise on yo.u.tube. This forum just obfuscates it.

Btw, it's really hard to obtain players these days, especially If you're up to host a RP server for English speaking players. You might have a chance in obtaining other language players, especially Russians. I've seen servers with all time zero playars, which are already in hosted tab.

Important thing to notice is, be active, push updates constantly. ACCEPT suggestions & bug reports from players. Mostly, get whoever wanna join, into a subscribers list or some sort. Best option is to use Discord and ask them to join in. Each players are like a gem, you need to collect 'em by adding to your discord or getting their email, so that you could keep in touch.