[Include] race.inc // Complete Racing System

Quick brief:

A Racing system I wrote 3 years ago for my server. Uses positioning system as well as records per race.
I published it on GitHub but never posted here since I am not playing the game anymore or browsing forum. I though it might be (?) useful to someone.

Fully plug 'n play with complete instructions in my GitHub Repo.
Demo can be found HERE. (Will delete in case of advertisement)

Repository Link: https://github.com/h01d/Racing-System.

Please Note:

1. I do not support this code anymore, feel free to look, edit the code but keep the credits if possible.
2. Will post pictures if anyone is really interested in it.

useless

useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeStyle175
Посмотреть сообщение
useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntmx
Посмотреть сообщение
useless
Thanks for your comments.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
useless
you are

Useless ? Better release something 'useful' and i'll be glad to leave a comment such as yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntmx
Посмотреть сообщение
useless
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
useless
Just because you don’t know how to use it doesn’t mean it’s useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBoi
Посмотреть сообщение
their was no need of that
their are alot releases based on the race system
and they are better than this
i would like to say that better you make other type of includes
You better read my post. Of course there are better releases, I am not uploading it to become a thing.

Freshncool, ******, Hunud, PT thanks for the support.

You should add a support to dynamic checkpoint!
Plus, commands shouldn't be present in your include but as an example to show how your include must be used.

****** is backend programmer so he looks this codehow its build up, but in real server this include doesn't have any usage, and ****** hasn't built any server .

A few things that aren't such a good idea:

The player-related TextDraws are global. You use at least 9 per player, so theoretically it's not even possible to create enough for more than 227 players. You attempt to create 9000 TextDraws.

Now you could argue you won't ever race with 227 players, but that doesn't matter as you create all of them at startup. So players with an ID higher than 227 will not see any TDs, regardless how many players are actually in the race. This will probably mess up TDs for the gamemode too, if these are created first.

Use Player TDs for the ones that should contain info for each player, and global TDs for TextDraws that show the same for everyone (but just 1 in total, not 1000).
Or at least create the TDs ONLY at the start of the race for each player in a race, and destroy them again when they leave/finish/disconnect. But that's still not such a good idea.

@Dayrion: Feel free to do so.

@CodeStyle175: Explain us why it doesn't really have any usage when you plug it on a server.

@NaS: As I said that was a long time ago, problems could be occurred.

Its actually usefull for stunting servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]Rafaellos[
Посмотреть сообщение

@CodeStyle175: Explain us why it doesn't really have any usage when you plug it on a server.

Oh alright. That's an include that you don't maintaining anymore? So don't mind my previous message. It was just some advices to the future development.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Then at least mention the obviously broken TD design in the topic. So that anyone that uses it will know what exactly needs to be fixed.

Nice release, but why would an include be "plug'n'play". it is a charachteristic of filter-scripts.

Could've been more concise, your usage of spaces messed the indentation too, you should also mention that you're not maintaining it anymore and that it does have problems that were mentioned by Nas.

@NaS: Yeah read Notes in first post, I may edit my post to mention possible bugs.

@coool: I think it's actually the same thing and I am not sure if filterscripts support hooks.

@RogueDrifter: The indentation is that way because GitHub do not support tabs. If you download it everything would look better.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
@NaS: Yeah read Notes in first post, I may edit my post to mention possible bugs.

@coool: I think it's actually the same thing and I am not sure if filterscripts support hooks.

@RogueDrifter: The indentation is that way because GitHub do not support tabs. If you download it everything would look better.
Do not support tabs? lmao it looks that way because you're using spaces and tabs, use tabs only, the reason it looks that way is because github's tabsize is 8 by default, anyone with tabsize other than 4 is gonna see the indentation messy. Just don't combine spaces with tabs :/

"Completely Crap Racing System" Not completely but could be a lot better.