Current state of SAMP

Hello.

I'm a player who started a long ago here, but in the past two years I haven't played any SAMP servers.

How is having a own server today? I'm Spanish, what about attacks? When I left SAMP, people did some strange attacks along with DDoS.

I'm looking for an answer so I can decide if it's worth it to spend my time scripting.

Thank you!

SA-MP is same but players are different

So if 10 people say attacks are still made this days, and 9 don't, you don't start scripting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyGamer
View Post
This

Less Players, More Bots, Less Unique SA:MP servers, and Toxic community.

There you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
View Post
Less Players, More Bots, Less Unique SA:MP servers, and Toxic community.

There you go.
Couldn't have said it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10MIN
Посмотреть сообщение
How much does it cost?

PS: I'm asking just from curiosity, because I gave up the idea of running a sa-mp server few months ago.
A few years ago, the hosted tab price was about even 15-22 euros which was a very reasonable and acceptable price for me. Now it cost around 30 and more euros while some hosting giving it for 20 euros but not for a whole month.

As far as you're going to launch the server give it a try for a last time, if you fail you'll know.

Quote:
View Post
This.
Sa-MP isn't dieing. Players are leaving.

For me it's cool, just some people left because they lost interest or clearly like this guy said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm just going to say, that the community here, currently, is broken... It became broken a while back when people started to make money, and started to get 'donations', and thus those who were 'skilled' would end up being paid, so to them the 'hobby' wasn't a hobby, it was a job... So their time was worth money. The level of help from those various people, became less and less 'enthused'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFF
View Post
This.
Sa-MP isn't dieing. Players are leaving.
Lol what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryM4Life
View Post
Lol what?
You won't understand what he said until you become owner of non-hosted tab server hehe

But I will explain what he wants to say ^^

Usually players are joining random servers to ask for admin, they stay in such servers for 1-2 weeks or months until they get admin
Some admins later say "I am leaving this server" or "I am leaving samp" which is not always true. they lie they just found better server to play at. It happens daily in non-hosted tab servers.

So basically people play for admin rank. I don't say that in 2011-2014 people did not play for admin but otherwise they had fun in servers too.
And now if you don't accept them in admin team, they will leave in 1 min.
If you accept them in admin team, they will stay for some time 1-2 months and they will leave after.
But if you also pay alot of money for hosting, website domain and etc... they will stay for 1-2 year but I don't think that they would donate you a cent.

ps: that's why I gave up on my server. btw it has better gamemode than hosted tab servers

Quote:
View Post
You won't understand what he said until you become owner of non-hosted tab server hehe

But I will explain what he wants to say ^^

Usually players are joining random servers to ask for admin, they stay in such servers for 1-2 weeks or months until they get admin
Some admins later say "I am leaving this server" or "I am leaving samp" which is not always true. they lie they just found better server to play at. It happens daily in non-hosted tab servers.

So basically people play for admin rank. I don't say that in 2011-2014 people did not play for admin but otherwise they had fun in servers too.
And now if you don't accept them in admin team, they will leave in 1 min.
If you accept them in admin team, they will stay for some time 1-2 months and they will leave after.
But if you also pay alot of money for hosting, website domain and etc... they will stay for 1-2 year but I don't think that they would donate you a cent.

ps: that's why I gave up on my server. btw it has better gamemode than hosted tab servers
His words did not make any sense if SA-MP is losing players (Which is true) then it is dying.

And if your gamemode is better than others, Then you can get yourself a sponsor.

SA-MP is not dying at all. Peoble say that since more then five years. Yes... its real.. just look up in ****** and you will find posts and threads barley 6 years ago.

Donations are a good way to get the servers costs paid and even buy new plugins for the community board or also for hiring a mapper to build an exclusive map.

German players are wide open if it comes to donations. Even on servers with a small player base (like mine) german players like to donate even 60Ђ for a lifetime pack. General: In germany its more welcome if a server offers a donation-status for real money.

4 am - no sleep - smartphone - german keyboard - all mistakes are features

SA-MP vanishes.
right now he is on a very worn loose rope.

I hope that the rope is never broken, and we still have SA-MP.

PD: SA-MP is like a child, needs more attention from his father (Kalcor).

SA-MP vanishes.
right now he is on a very worn loose rope.

I hope that the rope is never broken, and we still have SA-MP.

@SonnyGamer, has said half of thing i wanted to convey. Nowadays, some of the players join a server for adminship and they leave the server if they didn't get the admin status or VIP(premium) membership. Before years, samp was fun and enjoyable but now less unique servers and some use bots to increase their playerbase. Meanwhile, hosted tab price is increasing year by year.
RolePlay servers have many players other than any other mode.
Nowadays it's harder for the hosted tab servers to get players then how can the non-hosted tab servers can get players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter
Посмотреть сообщение

Lol, I agree.

The way that someone drew up the players on servers up to 750k, when it's usually sitting at a fraction of that, without having anything done at that time.

Same with those servers who are actually plainly bots (As i doubted it, but joined a few, and they are actually empty, even using hacks, there are no actual players, the servers are purposely reporting a full server) which never get looked at or removed from the master list.

-Edit- Matter of fact, if the hosted tab is being mirrored to the Internet tab, then EVERY SERVER WHO IS FULL OF BOTS, is on the HOSTED TAB.... What in the fuck is this... The EULA says no bots, but a significant portion of those listed in the hosted tab are full of bots...... LAWL.... What in the actual fuck.... -/Edit-

And then the fact that the actual list is only showing hosted tab results, makes it almost impossible to be seen unless you've got hosted, or a proper playerbase prepared to join a server that won't get advertisement via the internet list.

As the above have said, this mod needs attention... Servers should need to be verified as true (Bots servers should be taken out completely), and the old 'Official' tab could be brought back for GOOD servers, with UNIQUE features, and proper new ideas about gamemodes.

But then we'd always end up with some, not being put on there because of personal opinions, and servers being there that shouldn't just because someone knows them and likes them...

Really though, things need to be done, because it is tiresome to see, and know, all of this goes on.