Unacceptable nickname problem

I think that this is a common error because I saw some videos about it and how to solve it, but I don't like the solution they give (use a VPN changer) so, can anyone tell me an alternative way to solve this?

Depends on why it's happening...

If you GMX a server, it'll cause this (If you sit on the server while it restarts, when you re-connect it'll say that message). If you have a bad connection and keep dropping packets then the nickname issue will also come up.

How long has it been happening, and what have you actually tried to do to fix it?

Are you on Wifi? (That ALWAYS causes trouble like this as it's not a 'constant' connection, but it 'suffices' for most transfers, but when using wifi constantly, if it does drop out, or fade out at all, it'll cause trouble when gaming.

Does it also happen on just one server, or multiples? If it happens on multiples, then chances are it's your connection/wifi. If it only happens on one server, then it could be that their bandwidth isn't good enough, or a node is having an issue on your route.

If it happens with a specific server, then there is already someone in the server with the nickname you are trying to enter to the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeth
View Post
If it happens with a specific server, then there is already someone in the server with the nickname you are trying to enter to the server.
It happens me on every server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
Depends on why it's happening...

If you GMX a server, it'll cause this (If you sit on the server while it restarts, when you re-connect it'll say that message). If you have a bad connection and keep dropping packets then the nickname issue will also come up.

How long has it been happening, and what have you actually tried to do to fix it?

Are you on Wifi? (That ALWAYS causes trouble like this as it's not a 'constant' connection, but it 'suffices' for most transfers, but when using wifi constantly, if it does drop out, or fade out at all, it'll cause trouble when gaming.

Does it also happen on just one server, or multiples? If it happens on multiples, then chances are it's your connection/wifi. If it only happens on one server, then it could be that their bandwidth isn't good enough, or a node is having an issue on your route.
It happens in more than one server, so I think that the problem appears because of my connection (which is Wi-Fi).
As I posted before, I have been searching solutions to the problem and the unique one to my specific problem is changing my VPN, but I would prefer to try an alternative solution.

Are you using a roleplaying name? E.g John_Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleymeah
View Post
Are you using a roleplaying name? E.g John_Doe
Why did you not read the thread... He's using wifi, and wifi is notorious for dropping packets. This will cause frequent disconnects if it's bad, but subtly losing packets will cause smaller issues such as this.

What nicknames have you tried and how far is the WiFi router from your PC?