Screenshots & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by userid
View Post
So, can we expect any update?
Version 0.3.8 was being the best update of all time, it would be wonderful to continue
The whole 0.3.7/0.3.DL thing has literally split the community in two. New players are a rarity as opposed to the years prior and it doesn't help that half of the server browser is running a different samp ver to the person who's browsing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
I wholeheartedly agree. I've said for years that SA:MP is a fantastic platform for introducing people to the basics of programming, and I've seen many younger people start, learn and progress in software development just because of SA:MP.
* Gforcez

I've started scripting for a SA:MP server, trying out and getting into the basics of programming/coding. Now I program for a living, if I never started with SA:MP scripting I would've never figured out how much I like coding and would never end up programming for a living.
I think there are much more examples like me that started writing code thanks to mods like this, or other games that allow coding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
View Post
“Invest in marketing” are you serious? This is an old game. Most gamers played it.No one is coming back to play it again.SAMP is left with us who still play.I play fortnite and samp but most gamers wont come back to samp due to them being used to play in good graphics games such as fortnite,pubg etc.

Investing in marketing will be a waste of resources.The only ppl who can make a difference is us by bringing English community back.SAMP is overrun by Russians,Romans,Spanish communities.Thats also why most of people are leaving samp due to having 0 understanding with other players/servers languages.
I wouldn't be so sure. If I recall correctly there was or is a popular Russian server that has paid for advertisement outside of the SA:MP community and got a steady playerbase that way. I don't play on Russian servers myself, or have any proof of this. It's just something I was told by a third party. Also, while I do agree that most gamers will probably have played GTA San Andreas, but there are definitely a lot of those people that have no idea about the existance of multiplayer mods for them. I've met plenty of people who were absolutely suprised when I told them that GTA V isn't the only GTA game that has an (unofficial) multiplayer mod.

I'm not convinced about a marketing campaign for SA:MP in general, though, because people in richer countries aren't as likely to play older games like this, although I do think roleplaying servers could put some more focus on people outside of the SA:MP community, from for example text-based roleplaying sites & forums.

Southclaws' right, there are a lot of people (including myself) that got in touch with programming cause of SAMP, this mod has potential for much more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
View Post
Southclaws' right, there are a lot of people (including myself) that got in touch with programming cause of SAMP, this mod has potential for much more...
Same story pal! Well, you can still open the "Screenshot" area :thinking:

I'll take ... the red pill ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение

SA-MP was started in 2005. I'm too old to play SA-MP now. I don't want to be playing games on servers where everyone is younger than me. I keep this site online since people still want to play. The mod could be developed further but I have to rely on feedback from English server owners, and those servers aren't being developed as much anymore. GTA:SA is getting old.

SA-MP is on the home stretch. Everyone knows it.

Maan..i consider that the screenshots and videos section motivated a lot of mappers/scripters to develop new things that for the opinion of other players..at least that worked on me,i mapped a lot of things just to show them in that section and get some positive or negative comments...now that its gone,imma stop mapping,cuz i cant show them on maps section without posting the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll take ... the red pill ...
It's more of a psychedelic pill when it comes to sa-mp.

As far as I'm concerned, these are the same people that tried to ban Doom, GTA3, GTA:VC.

They basically did ban from GTA:SA 1.0 from sale by forcing its rating to AO after the Hot Coffee thing.

There's no other position for a gamer to take.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

As far as I'm concerned, these are the same people that tried to ban Doom, GTA3, GTA:VC.

They basically did ban from GTA:SA 1.0 from sale by forcing its rating to AO after the Hot Coffee thing.

i still want the red pill....

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

You're essentially doing the exact same thing tho.

Totally disagree

GTA San Andras is old, SA: MP is not old, that's the difference.

If an update is taken every X years, the playerbase decreases, it is a basic law of the software, if it is not updated, it dies.

Now, if it is not updated because you expect the owners of the English servers to tell you what you should do to improve it, you have all the blame. There are hundreds of uniquely Hispanic scripters. There are dozens of people who are telling you every day in the forum that what needs to be developed, mistakes and even solutions to these. And you could have many more scripters with tens of hours per week scripting what they see and need.

But you have been responsible little by little to reduce them to a few tens and forcing them to use other forums to support each other. Excluding groups by shares of 1 single person. Eliminating support for the most active sub-forums. And finally you have finished eliminating the few people who entered to see the new advances in the new version and innovations.

I could go on giving examples of how little by little you have been killing the community with nonsense like you.tubee. Now it's your decision if you keep crying that SAMP is dying or start working to recover the base player. Because if there is a worthwhile update, I assure you that at least 70% of users would return. And you can start by reading topics that have made you to update and rethink your policy of exterminating the community.

You are not the only one who has spent the time and resources here as to now surrender and let him die.

heres how sa-mp's server count could look like in the years ... notice the asymptote? it heads for a number (lets say 0), but will never get there imo

acting like a declining sa-mp forum user count will have any impact on a russian community with 5000 total players online concurrently - get outta here

a lot of the people that run big servers dont even use the sa-mp forum legit LOL

+ even if the master list goes offline these guys probably have emails of their players / ways to contact them if they go inactive. so they wont even need the tabs on the client to keep get players

servers are still strong right now. big and old communities will continue to prevail and the mod will just keep surviving. until the day things are just not worth running, sa-mp will be alive.

my assumption is at least another 5-10 years. trust me, too many servers make bank to care to even think about sa-mp's development

IRC i was playing never winter nights last month on a server that was 15 years old ... or more - that game's from 2002 and was packed to the brim in like 09-10

that being said (since i think my post is offtopic), a screenshot section would be cool to have anyway

i am absolutely disgusted of you how you treat this community. the way you have banned these players was probably the most unserious and unprofessional way you couldve eventually banned someone. instead of giving them a warning, lowkey you decide to go big and underline the announcement

samp, at this point, is shit you know that and we know that. i assume the reason you're not making it open source is that you would have to get a real job if that was the case. no one to shove money into your anal cavity amirite

anyway as if this thread is not meme enough

kalcor vs utube thats spicy btw
you will never find a way around you dumb shit what kinda communism is this, idk maybe just maybe get a decent moderation team.. have you ever thought of that

ok eat dog shit im out with this piss

tmw u loose ur temper thanos car thanos car

god bless this is for banning my gs ur gonna unban them anyway u just wanted to prove who the dictator is for the moment, u will come back to consciousness eventually

mashallah

and also HMU UP ON STEAM GUYS /ID/ZULEY0101/ giving away something soon... lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad@m
View Post
i am absolutely disgusted of you how you treat this community. the way you have banned these players was probably the most unserious and professional way you couldve eventually banned someone. instead of giving them a warning, lowkey you decide to go big and underline the announcement

samp, at this point, is shit you know that and we know that. i assume the reason you're not making it open source is that you would have to get a real job if that was the case. no one to shove money into your anal cavity amirite

anyway as if this thread is not meme enough

kalcor vs utube thats spicy btw
you will never find a way around you dumb shit what kinda communism is this, idk maybe just maybe get a decent moderation team.. have you ever thought of that

ok eat dog shit im out with this piss

tmw u loose ur temper thanos car thanos car

god bless this is for banning my gs ur gonna unban them anyway u just wanted to prove who the dictator is for the moment, u will come back to consciousness eventually

mashallah

and also HMU UP ON STEAM GUYS /ID/ZULEY0101/ giving away something soon... lmao
:'l I'll miss you Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad@m
View Post
They were forum members to not players, they can still play samp.Get your facts straight... also why you mad? Kalcor ignored your begging to be mod pms? Mad child.

Will they be eliminated by Thanos?

http://www.didthanoskill.me/

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTACON
View Post

Will they be eliminated by Thanos?

http://www.didthanoskill.me/
SA-MP vanishes.
right now he is on a very worn loose rope.

I hope that the rope is never broken, and we still have SA-MP.

PD: SA-MP is like a child, needs more attention from his father (Kalcor).

SA-MP is still strong. Idc what people say.

We will survive guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
SA-MP is still strong. Idc what people say.

We will survive guys.
*SINGS* WE WILL SURVIVE *RAISES HIS HANDS LIKE A MONKEY*