Screenshots & Videos

I see the screenshots & videos section is gone. Is this permanent or temporary?
For me it was kind of the reason to keep checking the forums every now and then, seeing what kinds of interesting things people were making.

Considering most of the videos in there were broken by the filter, then removable for doing redirects, I'd struggle to see any purpose of keeping it tbh.

Besides the fact that there was a lot of good stuff in there at various times... currently with this censorship going on, it's pretty much screwed.

It's kinda sad for me too. There were some good topics with only images that could have been kept.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=658472

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=41923

Kalcor happened to the SA-MP forum and now here we are.

I asked people not to post links to utube. Instead they used redirects to get around the block.

There aren't many good alternatives to utube right now. It'll take time for new platforms to develop. The section will probably be reopened at some point, but for now it's better to remain closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I asked people not to post links to utube. Instead they used redirects to get around the block.

There aren't many good alternatives to utube right now. It'll take time for new platforms to develop. The section will probably be reopened at some point, but for now it's better to remain closed.
Don't you think that's quite absurd?Allowing ******* or not allowing won't make any changes other than decreasing traffic to forum.Just because you blocked ******* links here doesn't prevent anyone from posting redirects nor they will bother to find other platforms.If there was a better platform people would have used it instead long ago...In my opinion blocking utube or ****** doesn't worth anything...I hope you would rethink about this...

This my site, so I get to decide what links are allowed. utube and 1e100 are no longer part of my web of trust.

The internet is more important to me than sa-mp. You don't get sa-mp without the internet.

Quote:
View Post
This my site, so I get to decide what links are allowed. utube and 1e100 are no longer part of my web of trust.
That's really unfortunate but if that's your opinion we can't say anything more..Hope this action will do good to community..

Quote:
View Post

The internet is more important to me than sa-mp. You don't get sa-mp without the internet.
Okay we know you hate these sites too much and that SA-MP along with the site belongs to you, but can you do me a favor ? By thinking about the community a little bit please?

Although utube is better than dailymotion and some other sites (Much faster upload) We can still get over it,

but honestly deleting thousands of threads was just dumb, People's effort & SA-MP memories are gone with it

You just punished thousands of community members because of what few have done, When you could delete their threads and ban their accounts only.

Anyway this is your site and you're free to do what you want, I just hope you change your mind.

Why'd you actually take offence at them though, thing is they brought more traffic through the site than anything, and by shutting them out, you're closing yourself off to potential revival...

Literally shooting yourself in the foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryM4Life
View Post
Okay we know you hate these sites too much and that SA-MP along with the site belongs to you, but can you do me a favor ? By thinking about the community a little bit please?

Although utube is better than dailymotion and some other sites (Much faster upload) We can still get over it,

but honestly deleting thousands of threads was just dumb, People's effort & SA-MP memories are gone with it

You just punished thousands of community members because of what few have done, When you could delete their threads and ban their accounts only.

Anyway this is your site and you're free to do what you want, I just hope you change your mind.
A really mature response.

if we continue like this,
soon session eliminated.

The Screenshots and Videos section was mostly links to utube, which were broken after I blocked the site. It made sense to empty the forum.

I saw videos on utube that were up for 5-6 years suddenly get censored. What changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryM4Life
View Post
It's sad, yeah. But the days of PacMan goggle are long behind us. Consider when goggle/utube becomes a political machine, it's not just hurting a few links on this forum, it's hurting every person who ever uploaded anything to utube. There's no end to censorship. They now have to take down anything that anyone wants taken down.

Goggle giveth, Goggle taketh away.

Quote:
View Post
I saw videos on utube that were up for 5-6 years suddenly get censored. What changed?
They got greedy...

But really though, many of the copyright claims have been shown to be false and done by shill companies that simply do it for the revenue.

Yet they don't take down the full movies, the music videos and the rest, they only try and take down those which can give them revenue.

And yet goggleeyes don't even try and weed out the crappy mofos that are doing it, and simply allow them to ruin peoples accounts and videos simply to make a buck.

Even though I understand this and I agree with the Kalcor's point more or less, I think that Screenshots and Videos were essential part of these forums, as it was the only source of media related to SA-MP, that can't be found elsewhere. It was really nice to observe, what other people scripted in SA-MP, and for me it was also one of few ways how to show others what I have scripted myself.

Perhaps return the Screenshots forum at least?

how about making it so you need 15 reputation to post in screenshots & videos? that way you would get rid of 99% of filter bypassers

everybody happy then?

Quote:
View Post

So SJWs and DMCA-abusers finally won. Congratulations to them.

Oh, the irony...