A few Military Roleplay ideas

Hello, I just saw a thread before from someone requesting a Military Roleplay server and I decided to start developing one, I know this question has been asked multiple times but I would like a few ideas (features, not script ideas) to make a server clean and decent

Hey,
I made a server like this one year ago and you should know that is very difficult to have a great and respectful community. As far as I was concerned, I worked with and for the french community for "Modern War" (you can look here for the system I made: https://imgur.com/RqaTr9x about the last version)
The difficulty is that you also need to keep in mind that some players want to be civilian (as in every conflict, there are civilians affected by the war) and you should introduce system like crafting weapon, working for the armies of their choice, hunger, thirst, vehicle and buyable hideaway ...
About the army, you should add simple systems first (weapon armory, equipment like helmets and more) and then you can try to add new things like mines, drones, ...)
Feel free to send me a PM if you want to know more about my experience !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipardeur
View Post
Hey,
I made a server like this one year ago and you should know that is very difficult to have a great and respectful community. As far as I was concerned, I worked with and for the french community for "Modern War" (you can look here for the system I made: https://imgur.com/RqaTr9x about the last version)
The difficulty is that you also need to keep in mind that some players want to be civilian (as in every conflict, there are civilians affected by the war) and you should introduce system like crafting weapon, working for the armies of their choice, hunger, thirst, vehicle and buyable hideaway ...
About the army, you should add simple systems first (weapon armory, equipment like helmets and more) and then you can try to add new things like mines, drones, ...)
Feel free to send me a PM if you want to know more about my experience !
Hello,
I know it's not easy to make it and get a decent playerbase, I think I can be done with the script in less than a month. Of course I'll implement simple things at first but will add more if I see the server has a good playerbase. Thank you for your suggestions tho, I really appreciate it and also you're welcome if you want to work with me .

willbedie, Sa-Mp players want something unique, a military RP server is a good idea. Just think outside the box.

Wish you the best luck.

How can I help you with the server willbedie?

Usa vs vietnam with missions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinderClans
View Post
willbedie, Sa-Mp players want something unique, a military RP server is a good idea. Just think outside the box.

Wish you the best luck.
Thank you bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnett
View Post
Usa vs vietnam with missions
Thank you, there will be more countries not only two. As for the missions I'm thinking of creating some events so players can have fun on that.

BTW: What version should the server be?
0.3.7-R2 or 0.3.DL..

Go for 0.3DL. Sooner or later everyone will update to that version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinderClans
View Post
Go for 0.3DL. Sooner or later everyone will update to that version.
Everyone says that 0.3.7-R2 has a better playerbase because people won't update to 0.3.DL so I'm not sure which version to use. If I use 0.3.DL there will be of course better features with custom nation skins, but unfortunetaly can't do that for 0.3.7-R2 so I might stick to 0.3.DL, thanks though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperr
View Post
I attempted to make one in 2013 in the style of Arma but I abandoned it after realising you'd need a decent amount of players to get it working (50v50 constantly or something close to that number). Complete with command bases, RC vehicles as UAVs, airdrops and the likes of those. It's a shame because I was looking forward to it. Set in north western Las Venturas between Bone County and Tierra Robada, except there was also not really much of an objective from an RP war server apart from taking territories.
From a similar thread ^

If you ever pick it up and decide to do it in English I'd be willing to join.