Files saving using Excel?

So MySQL makes 0 sense to me, and I don't understand why we need to have WAMP or XMPP to run it. However, while ini file saving is easier for pawn newbs, it would be impractical for large servers.

Is there a way to use an Excel worksheet for file saving? Then is it possible to access specific rows/columns?

That would be lit, but it's not possible, unless you save some file as .xlsx and manage to encrypt data into the correct file language.

No plugins for this unfortunately. Why don't you take a look into SQLite?

If you make a plug-in that opens a specific format through excels format. Would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotactics
Посмотреть сообщение
So MySQL makes 0 sense to me, and I don't understand why we need to have WAMP or XMPP to run it.
You don't.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
However, while ini file saving is easier for pawn newbs, it would be impractical for large servers.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Is there a way to use an Excel worksheet for file saving? Then is it possible to access specific rows/columns?
You are going out of your way to explore something that isn't common practice because you're too lazy to learn MySQL. Excel is arguably a downgraded version of SQL.

Why bother? Learn MySQL and stop finding excuses not to. You only ever need a handful of queries for a SA-MP server unless you're using SQL for orders or math in which case it's the same queries you always do with an extra parameter...

Honestly MySQL is not that different from Excel in terms of storing data, how can it be difficult to understand? You only need WAMP or XMPP to host the mysql server on your computer.

Something like this could be possible with a plugin but then again there's no need for it.