Samp Sharp

Wht is the pros and cons of SampSharp? Can you create better gamemode or same?

Useless.

samp is too basic for that, so just write simple code and it works maybe even better, cause its doesnt contain so much useless libaries and other things.
write your gamemode in modular format and its easy for you to change everything and build new systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinderClans
View Post
Useless.
Care to elaborate?

I'm 'porting' my existing script (PAWN) to C# using SampSharp at the moment. As someone who works with C# on a daily basis, it feels comfortable working in that language. Being able to write my sideproject gamemode in a object oriented manner allows for clean and logical systems, which in turn keeps my happy and motivated to work on the project

About the pros and cons; Here's what I think in a nutshell.
At first it can be a little tricky to set up, though the documentation, in the state it was when I used it, got me pretty far. I've had some issues when I started the first version of my port, which I believe ran on 0.7.x. After a lot of attempts of fixing it, I downloaded the new alpha version (0.8.x) and started again from scratch.
Now things are going pretty smooth and I rarely run into issues. I don't notice any decrease in performance while testing with a few people at once either. I can't really say what happens when massive amount of people play at once however, haven't experienced this yet.

If you don't know C# it might be a fun way to get into it, though don't expect things to go without running into hurdles. If you want to put down a serious project using the plugin, I think it's best to write your code as optimized as possible as to not pose any threats to performance.
Also, the plugin is under active development on GitHub. If any issues are found, there's a big chance of it being fixed fairly quick.

Just my two cents

I'm thankful to ikkentim for making SampSharp. I should buy him a coffee if I ever run into him haha

But, can you create better anticheats, or everything same as in Pawn?

You still work with the same SA-MP natives, so the data you can collect through code is still the same as before as far as I'm aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkovic
View Post
Wht is the pros and cons of SampSharp? Can you create better gamemode or same?
Well man, where to start... How about you can use a proper IDE. Oh, and you can use C# processings which are much better than Pawn ones. You can use C# libraries and stuff... It's just like comparing an old rusty car with a new racer.

Sure, you work with the native server events and everything, but man the writing is fun and much faster if you are doing it right.

If I took your question literally - "Can you create a better gamemode or same?" - well in my case I definitely can create a better one in C#.

You will be at a disadvantage with SampSharp if you will want to do stuff for which you would use a done Include in Pawn. In here you have to write them yourself. But I think that's a good thing because you will get better at C# which is actually useful in the real world unlike Pawn.