Where to post videos? (updated 2/2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0sh...
Посмотреть сообщение
However, unlike everyone else in this thread, I think open sourcing SA-MP would be a huge mistake.
^ This. We already saw many samp clones (mostly russian ones) and we know... all of them are/were using the leaked source code. I don't wanna know what they're able to do with latest samp source code.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Its obvious that you're no longer motivated with SA-MP, I get it, you've been at it for more than 13 years now.
But why don't you give it to some Beta Tester? Or even a former developer (who's a BT now) like Y_Less?
He's shown that he'd be willing to take it on and he'd probably want to take over and do something with it. It would be better for the community, and probably better for you. You won't have to murder yourself looking at 20 messages asking the same question "update when pls ? "

However, unlike everyone else in this thread, I think open sourcing SA-MP would be a huge mistake.
That man! Totally agree with everything you said. This is something I have said before and not just me and was NEVER answered, at least not straight forward reply saying "because it's mine" or "I rather not".

In regards of current topic that we are in, here's one of my Discord messages quotes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discord: Riddick
[...] so that man has blocked uTube and w(v)imeo names? Seems like a shot in his own leg. He blocked most popular one and then (probably) a second most popular platform.

He keeps saying stuff about uTube & w(v)imeo but not a single word why w(v)imeo got blocked too. Did they lock his SA-MP account on there and he got to cry because of that? I don't understand, I have uTube content since 2007, before there were tons of videos as it is now and not a single video got a strike or whatever else.

I don't understand the whole debate about censoring those two words, but I think he's getting mad and loosing his mind. What I would do (as if I was him) is definitely move on with my personal life and seriously either sell SA-MP and let someone else take control over the development or give it away to someone from the team who can actually try and manage its potential future releases. I am not saying a specific names here who could, but additionally I doubt there's any documentation going on for SA-MP anyway, so that would be madness before new developer would get a handle of the new project.

I would like to add that he didn't even think from the start that this project is going to be so "successful" (?) and thought that it's going to 'die' in 2009, which is about 10 years ago and we are all still here wanting more, hmph. Just wanted to add that and mention that as he wasn't so invented into it from the very beginning. Oh, all right sorry, maybe that would be a lie as a word from Software Dev. which I am too, every new project is exciting in the beginning, but just later on you get used to it and would love to have a new one again. So maybe yeah, he was "into it" in the beginning, but he definitely isn't now and wasn't for the past few years.

// saying "people don't use SA-MP's capabilities" is not an excuse to not provide any new updates from the developer of a project.
* - used words "uTube" && "w(v)imeo" just for the sake of reading this post if anyone wants to.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Its obvious that you're no longer motivated with SA-MP, I get it, you've been at it for more than 13 years now.
But why don't you give it to some Beta Tester? Or even a former developer (who's a BT now) like Y_Less?
He's shown that he'd be willing to take it on and he'd probably want to take over and do something with it. It would be better for the community, and probably better for you. You won't have to murder yourself looking at 20 messages asking the same question "update when pls ? "

He would like to but you know, he should split the money than.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazon
Посмотреть сообщение
He would like to but you know, he should split the money than.
If anyone was in it for the money, then they should stay far away.
SA-MP wasn't making a fuck ton back in 2006, why should it matter now.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

I think the same thing, but.
I wouldn't say him to just retire and let somebody else do it, It's been 13 almost 14 years (that he's working in SA-MP mod, how about VC-MP and his other stuff he done in gta forums..) so far and he's still up for it, He still got interest (he stated it) if people will get more into the new update (0.3.DL). But yet that doesn't mean he has to do it alone, maybe we don't know much how does the development go for SA-MP, so for me would've been better if he form a group of team and continue developing it with them, there's a bunch of people who are matured enough and good programmers like Y_Less, Southclaws etc.

But this are all his decisions, and I respect whatever he does as long as it'll be good to improve the community and the mod.

Its pretty known that Kalcor is practically done with SA-MP, there's no question about that. He does have some moments of motivation again, but that's for a short while. We've been on 0.3.7 for 4 years, nothing new has happened. Only 0.3.DL which Kalcor killed himself, nobody else, him. The only updates we've got is a killed major update (0.3.DL), and 3 client fix/addition updates. Nothing has changed since then.
Its time for someone to take the reigns with a team that can do what the community needs.

I'm not putting the guy on blast, I know its hard to continuously develop a mod for plus 13 years.

Kalcor's point of "if someone wanted to take over samp they could've just made their own mod" (paraphrasing) why would they? They know they wouldn't get any support from anyone. People wouldn't want to move to their new mod. That would be what demotivates them.

100% agree with J0sh. Kalcor please consider handing over the project to Y_Less if he's up for it. He's more than capable of the task and is very trustworthy. Open-sourcing it would spawn a million SAMP clones.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser98
Посмотреть сообщение
100% agree with J0sh. Kalcor please consider handing over the project to Y_Less if he's up for it. He's more than capable of the task and is very trustworthy. Open-sourcing it would spawn a million SAMP clones.
Never.

We all know Y_Less capabilities when he wants to quit.No offense to YLess but im thinking for the best here.

I’d rather trust Southclaw or Slice with it.

Last time YLess quited SAMP he fucked up all his threads.I don’t wanna know what would happen if he had SAMP source. LOL

Kalcor I know you are bored with SAMP so my opinion is this A) either end SAMP for good B) start working on it and bring up new features every year till the mod ends.

If SA-MP goes like this I’m giving it till end if 2019 until it’s completely done by lack of players and lack of updates.Hell the 0.3.7 and DL version fucked SAMP the most.At least make a compatible version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteJew
Посмотреть сообщение
Never.

We all know Y_Less capabilities when he wants to quit.No offense to YLess but im thinking for the best here.

Last time YLess quited SAMP he fucked up all his threads.I don’t wanna know what would happen if he had SAMP source. LOL

Kalcor I know you are bored with SAMP so my opinion is this A) either end SAMP for good B) start working on it and bring up new features every year till the mod ends.

If SA-MP goes like this I’m giving it till end if 2019 until it’s completely done by lack of players and lack of updates.Hell the 0.3.7 and DL version fucked SAMP the most.At least make a compatible version.
Do you really think Y_Less would actually get rid/open source/whatever the SA-MP source if he "left"?! He would give it to a team or somebody else. He's not stupid you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteJew
Посмотреть сообщение
Never.

You ignore all that Y_Less has brought to the table and instead focus on when he left. He's more than qualified to take over SA-MP if Kalcor decided to give it to someone else, moreso than Slice or Southclaws (no offense to you guys) from his contributions to the mod and community.

For everything happens to this forums, it end up talking about updates and who's next for SA-MP.
Stay in the topic yo! This topic has nothing to do with samp updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
Посмотреть сообщение
You ignore all that Y_Less has brought to the table and instead focus on when he left. He's more than qualified to take over SA-MP if Kalcor decided to give it to someone else, moreso than Slice or Southclaws (no offense to you guys) from his contributions to the mod and community.
In what pile of shit are you assuming Slice or Southclaws capabilities? Being the manager of the modification is way more than knowing how to code — it's motivating a team, it's knowing what direction to follow and make the team row in that direction.

Do we need "beta testers"? No. We need proper developers. Filling in for Kalcor isn't as easy as you lot make it out to be.

Pmed Kalcor with an important question, hopefully you can have a look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiMMREAPER
Посмотреть сообщение
In what pile of shit are you assuming Slice or Southclaws capabilities? Being the manager of the modification is way more than knowing how to code — it's motivating a team, it's knowing what direction to follow and make the team row in that direction.

Do we need "beta testers"? No. We need proper developers. Filling in for Kalcor isn't as easy as you lot make it out to be.

I wasn't talking about managing the mod but addressing how he dismissed all of the stuff Y_Less has done and instead think about "but he fucked shit up when he left!". I'd trust him with the code more than others because he actually worked on SA-MP in the past and I'm sure Kalcor would trust him more than other choices because of that fact.

Would 1920x1080 be supported in the near future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D1L
Посмотреть сообщение
Would 1920x1080 be supported in the near future?
It is already, since many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
Open source licenses are rarely respected in the modern world. I open sourced vc-mp but people who obtained the code didn't respect the license and now it's dead.
please tell more about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZero
Посмотреть сообщение
It is already, since many years.
lol he means when will video uploads support 1080p resolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
Посмотреть сообщение
lol he means when will video uploads support 1080p resolution
Oops. Nevermind then haha. Sorry!