Where to post videos? (updated 2/2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
The "community" is made better off by this, since we aren\'t subjected to any of utube\'s rules. There aren\'t even many videos posted here, so it\'s not that big a deal. The buried threads from 5 years ago weren\'t getting many views anyway.
No it\'s not. The utube drama does not affect the community nor do we care about it, only thing made better by this is your sleep at night knowing you\'ve lowered utubes traffic by an insignificant amount.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I have backups of everything going back to the beginning of the mod. Nothing has been destroyed.
Still, who cares (in this case) about backups? We cannot view it anymore thus it is as good as 'destroyed' for all of us.

Dont act like a dick, it is just a terrible mistake to not communicate it properly with the community and you know it. But as I read your motivation you are probably the last one who would give a damn anyway.

Besides that, the forum attachment system isnt as good as you think, I tried to upload a video three times now, first of all it took ages, received three times an error saying there was a tick time out and as third the max file limit for videos is only 262 MB? wut. Not going to try for a fourth time, conclusion: no video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение
No it's not. The utube drama does not affect the community nor do we care about it, only thing made better by this is your sleep at night knowing you've lowered utubes traffic by an insignificant amount.
Exactly, it is only in his own interest, YT is widely known and used and therefore the perfect way to show videos.

People hurling shit at me just tells me I've been too nice. There have been so many times when I could have cashed out on this mod, sold it on to people who would have ran it in to the ground. But I chose to keep it going because in spite of the trolls, hackers, ddosers and cheaters, there are still groups of people here who I respect.

Goodbye whiners.

Is there any way to allow the mp4 attachments to be embedded via some sort of javascript video player on the forum? That would make it more appealing. I would rather play the video in my browser than wait for it to download.

Provided the video is encoded properly it should start playing/streaming automatically. Your browser needs to support the video tag.

Damn, shit happened once again.

Bye utube.

c. Reyo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0sh...
Посмотреть сообщение

c. Reyo.
that's damn true, this mod went too much personally, you know, instead of doing crazy stuff for people to enjoy it, people keep hating each other.
probably shit behind the scene has happened which made them do what they doing.

ForEvER iN oUr HeArTS

hi guys my name is karim and i don't like duckduckgo therefore im going to forcefully stop you from using the site by beating the shit out of you, if you don't like it then you a whinin piece of shit. it is my life after all. also don't bother arguing with me because i lack basic logic, have a nice day.

pls don't ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0sh...
Посмотреть сообщение

c. Reyo.
That meme makes no sense. The screenshot is from 2010. Most of the dudes in it have either left or are idle.

Stop making me and my son cry Kalcor.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Problems? Ask below.
Not sure if this is a trick to ban whiners

Quote:
View Post
All I\'ve done is prevented utube links on this forum. I provided a facility to upload videos. The "community" is made better off by this, -snip-
You mean you\'re better off by being happy with making your opinion become the rules while 95%+ of us share nearly the exact opposite opinion. I don\'t even understand it anymore

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Goodbye whiners.
You know, banning them so they can't express their opinion anymore, doesn't help your case against utube "dictatorship" (atleast from a moral standpoint). So your whole justification is hard to be taken seriously if your actions are the same with the one you condem.

I'm not making a moral case against utube. They can run their site however they want. I've decided to stop using them. My last upload to utube was in 2009 and SA-MP's account was closed ~2012.

This forum is my site. I'm responsible for keeping it online. So I can say what outbound links are allowed. I don't think it's good long term for sa-mp or gaming in general to have a lot of content posted on utube. Googoyle have a long history of running services, making people rely on them, then shutting them down or dramatically altering the terms. utube have already started purging a lot of content not suitable for their advertisers. How long before they purge all non-curated content? The best thing for the internet is not to rely on single platforms.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not making a moral case against utube. They can run their site however they want. I've decided to stop using them. My last upload to utube was in 2009 and SA-MP's account was closed ~2012.

This forum is my site. I'm responsible for keeping it online. So I can say what outbound links are allowed. I don't think it's good long term for sa-mp or gaming in general to have a lot of content posted on utube. Googoyle have a long history of running services, making people rely on them, then shutting them down or dramatically altering the terms. utube have already started purging a lot of content not suitable for their advertisers. How long before they purge all non-curated content? The best thing for the internet is not to rely on single platforms.
Wait. You do not watch any video, at all, on utube? And people here are complaining about not being able to post its link.

I don't watch anything on utube unless there are no alternatives.

If there's a time to support alternative platforms, it's now. It's impossible for Googoyle or utube to come back from the hole they've dug for themselves. They decided to play partisan politics, on what should be open platforms, and nobody will ever forget.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't watch anything on utube unless there are no alternatives.

If there's a time to support alternative platforms, it's now. It's impossible for Googoyle or utube to come back from the hole they've dug for themselves. They decided to play partisan politics, on what should be open platforms, and nobody will ever forget.
You, Kalcor.. have made me smile on this day dated the 12th of the 2nd month in 2019.

Honestly, this ... this is great content.