Space Roleplay?

Recently, I saw many unique and successful Roleplay game modes showing up, such as Dignity's Wild West & Medieval Roleplay, and Twixx's Kingdom Roleplay. In my opinion, those servers will have a good player base, as they offer a new and improved experience to the player.

That being said, I was wondering what you guys would think about a Space Roleplay. You know, a new human colony on a planet trying to survive and all this stuff, action taking place on a custom map as well. Drop me a feedback if you want, and also you can PM me if you are interested in joining a project like this with me. Thank you for your time.

Its very hard to pull off. And It would be weird because how a newly established planet has vehicles and fuel pumps and advanced weaponry, Working economy.. and If there is no working economy, how would server run? It will make it boring. I think you get my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLS
Посмотреть сообщение
Its very hard to pull off. And It would be weird because how a newly established planet has vehicles and fuel pumps and advanced weaponry, Working economy.. and If there is no working economy, how would server run? It will make it boring. I think you get my point.
It is more meant for exploration and trying to establish new bases to extract more resources from planets in order to advance in technology. What I aim for is that, when more and more bases are built, we will increase the maximum players to join which will be like the human colony is expanding more and more.

I tried doing this ages ago, still have a lot of different procedural generation scripts for planets using the custom landmass objects.

It's defo possible if you add enough things to do. A lot of RPG elements are unfortunately necessary for a mode like this because the rp is limited.

I also thought about Space RPG in sa-mp but I had no idea how to make big space crafts that player will control and move from one planet to another... but yours idea seems to be based on one planet, and your getting advanced in technology seems more like `Civilization`.

It would be awesome if you make a server simillar to Space Engineers with their features.
Also i would recommend you to use custom models to create the whole enviroment great looking. https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...ace_Engineers/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
Посмотреть сообщение
It would be awesome if you make a server simillar to Space Engineers with their features.
Also i would recommend you to use custom models to create the whole enviroment great looking. https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...ace_Engineers/
Are there aliens in that game? I was thinking to add alien colony too XD

Moon roleplay ?
With low gravity...
Or just spawning players on random heights so they can enjoy this never ending fall, surrounded by nothing.

Since you're not able to rotate the PED at all (except modifying the X, Y, Z coordinates and X, Y, Z velocity), you'd stay put with a single angle, which kinda ruins the whole space environment as all planets and stars would only consist out of 33% usable surface. (33% bottom area, you won't even see the middle point of the bottom half. 33% middle area, you'll see the circle surrondering the planet/star, but you'd fall off if you go too close. See picture for full explanation)

So creating a space environment in GTA SA will be extremely difficult to make it proper (with the tools SA:MP offer us), it'll be a fun experiment, but it won't take off to be a popular server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBZdabIt3Bro7
Посмотреть сообщение
Since you're not able to rotate the PED at all (except modifying the X, Y, Z coordinates and X, Y, Z velocity), you'd stay put with a single angle, which kinda ruins the whole space environment as all planets and stars would only consist out of 33% usable surface. (33% bottom area, you won't even see the middle point of the bottom half. 33% middle area, you'll see the circle surrondering the planet/star, but you'd fall off if you go too close. See picture for full explanation)

So creating a space environment in GTA SA will be extremely difficult to make it proper (with the tools SA:MP offer us), it'll be a fun experiment, but it won't take off to be a popular server.
You have extraordinary ability to see problems where there's non !!

Why would anyone think that this server should take place on a round surface ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not into RP but I can say that it will be a huge waste of time. Players usually stick to original servers that have the same boring commands. Many people don't like making a change or trying something new. If you get zero players after months of working and testing, you will eventually leave SA:MP.
Woah discouraging!

Players usually stick to generic stereotypical servers with the same boring commands, gamemode and environment, because people tend to loop into a repeating cycle of boredom due to no new, fun and lasting servers coming out, or not yet at least.

Sitting here discouraging the guy, I think you're are promoting the generic tunnel vision mindset even further. Why not break out of the loop and actually band for teams whom are developing/will be developing a new experience to the platform?

To me at least, the english roleplay scene at the current moment is very limited and generic and its rather upsetting because there is limited variety.

Anyhow, I think determination and good work ethic will definitely get this project somewhere @Lucky13 and best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTallMidget
Посмотреть сообщение
You have extraordinary ability to see problems where there's non !!

Why would anyone think that this server should take place on a round surface ?
but... but.... isn't earth rou---

I personally don't think a "unique" concept matters much anymore, because there have been so many that sounded so great when people proposed the ideas, but they were poorly executed and poorly managed (and a lot that didn't even get finished at all) so we're all super skeptical and have lost faith a bit now. We just want to see someone do something, and do it properly. I'm personally working on some stuff to fill that hole and I'm very excited about it and will give more info when things are a bit further along, but if you really want a successful server then the answer isn't to create a Space server or a fantasy medieval wizard and witch server, or fortnite 2.0 for samp, it's just to do something and do it properly with full commitment.

Only if there's Lightsabers.

test