Server is invisible

I host my server on a Linux machine. It is started normally but players can't see when it is online. The process is running but in the SA:MP client it is not showing that the server is online.
What may cause this problem? Does anyone has an idea?

Post your logs & cfg.

You have to make sure the client and the server, are the same version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promlesbian
View Post
You have to make sure the client and the server, are the same version
Even if it's not the same version it will be visible but you can't log in.

Sounds like your server is blocking the outgoing sa-mp dtuff. Check that.

It can be due to multiple reasons that are not related to 'query' and 'announce'.

Try doing the following:

1. Ensure that your server is properly connected with the MySQL database, just in case you have a MySQL-based script, otherwise it will start and keep reconnecting to the database in many failed attempts.

2. Ensure that the firewall of your Linux machine doesn't block your server's port, which is one of the factors that can result in having the server running without showing up.

If your server starts and people can join, try restarting the server having 'announce' and 'query' set to 1 in server.cfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
View Post
It can be due to multiple reasons that are not related to 'query' and 'announce'.

Try doing the following:

1. Ensure that your server is properly connected with the MySQL database, just in case you have a MySQL-based script, otherwise it will start and keep reconnecting to the database in many failed attempts.

2. Ensure that the firewall of your Linux machine doesn't block your server's port, which is one of the factors that can result in having the server running without showing up.

If your server starts and people can join, try restarting the server having 'announce' and 'query' set to 1 in server.cfg
If my linux machine block my server port how i can unblock that?