Newbies tryna use MySQL

If you are new to scripting and you want to use a gamemode based on MySQL why don't you first check out some tutorials...I noticed that almost half of the threads on Server Support or Scripting help have to do with MySQL problems! Someone has to put an end to this!

And the worst part is that their problem is always the fact that they don't know how to connect their database.... Am I really the only one annoyed from this threads?

MySQL is the fastest, so let them practice their MySQL skills. But it's best to read about it and learn about you had learned into your building your skills, and starting to create server with MySQL database. But Ini, Yini, Dini is to use but some of them is out-dated. I start off with ini. Was very easy to use tho. but i went to dini and now im at MySQL the codes i can put in easy to the game. It's all about learning your step. and track your errors. Some people can't do it so they move on to ini. which is a server file now. but if you choose database(MySQL) or other. That's good practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerickClark
Посмотреть сообщение
MySQL is the fastest, so let them practice their MySQL skills. But it's best to read about it and learn about you had learned into your building your skills, and starting to create server with MySQL database. But Ini, Yini, Dini is to use but some of them is out-dated. I start off with ini. Was very easy to use tho. but i went to dini and now im at MySQL the codes i can put in easy to the game. It's all about learning your step. and track your errors. Some people can't do it so they move on to ini. which is a server file now. but if you choose database(MySQL) or other. That's good practice.
Uhm, MySQL isn't the fastest... INI can be much faster, it all depends on the way you save your data. Ofcourse MySQL is better for a lot of different data and their relationships, but if you just save and load user data, INI is good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBank
Посмотреть сообщение
Uhm, MySQL isn't the fastest... INI can be much faster, it all depends on the way you save your data. Ofcourse MySQL is better for a lot of different data and their relationships, but if you just save and load user data, INI is good enough.
Imo ini (files) should only be used for loading configuration settings.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Like what iLearner saids. You also can use it to pass it around in a file. MySQL is the fastest. then ini
MySQL = Database
INI = File System

This isn't just MySQL issues alone, and with the MySQL issues it's usually the exact same problem... Runtimes not being installed, with the constant spam of 'install static'.

People don't search, and people don't learn. People who throw up the instant 'update plugins' and 'install static' are simply feeding the spam by not asking what it is, or explaining it properly (If at all), as well as encouraging the idea that people are going to respond instantly, and give a quick-fix, so when someone starts asking the real questions, they're already mad, and take it out on those who do actually come and ask details.

This same issue, relates to the plugin fails that you see all the time, people so eager to throw out 'install nativechecker/crashdetect' instead of asking for the log, or checking what is indeed not loading, and thinking about why it may not actually load.

Then that comes to the noobs, who throw up 'Help me' topics, with no information, and when asked, trim the log so much they simply show the error lines, without showing the whole log, or what was needed to find the aforementioned plugin issue.

While there are many cases where this happens, there are also a few occasions that those who are posting these sort of things (Both as OP, and as contributor) realize what they did, and reform themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
Imo ini (files) should only be used for loading configuration settings.
That's true, but i was more aiming to people who are new in the programming scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerickClark
Посмотреть сообщение
Like what iLearner saids. You also can use it to pass it around in a file. MySQL is the fastest. then ini
MySQL = Database
INI = File System
No, MySQL doesn't have to be faster. INI is file based, so faster to read (if you are running decent hardware, as most servers do). With MySQL you have to connect to the MySQL server, run the query and 'receive' it back.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
That's true, but i was more aiming to people who are new in the programming scene.

No, MySQL doesn't have to be faster. INI is file based, so faster to read (if you are running decent hardware, as most servers do). With MySQL you have to connect to the MySQL server, run the query and 'receive' it back.
Yes. That's what im saying. INI as a file system and MYSQL for a database. I worked with INI before. Then INI Become outdated.