Saving system

I'm just wondering which saving system is the easiest to learn, please do not mention MySQL or SQLITE as I'm looking for the easiest one to learn and improve my knowledge and not how fast it reads through the files.

If you're gonna host a small server, you might look for Dini, y_ini and similar but they aren't even meant to be used as saving but configuration file.

MySQL is a best choice. It is not as much hard as you think.
Once you learn it, possibilities are endless..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovac
Посмотреть сообщение
If you're gonna host a small server, you might look for Dini, y_ini and similar but they aren't even meant to be used as saving but configuration file.

MySQL is a best choice. It is not as much hard as you think.
Once you learn it, possibilities are endless..
I'm planning on expanding my knowledge with less learning, so when I want to move to something harder such as MySQL I would at least have the basic knowledge because going to the hardest thing with 0 knowledge would be a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboi
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm planning on expanding my knowledge with less learning, so when I want to move to something harder such as MySQL I would at least have the basic knowledge because going to the hardest thing with 0 knowledge would be a challenge.
No knowledge has expanded with less learning that way is un-ballanced

similarity between MySQL and SQLite is this example i will show to you a small database creating on pawn

MySQL
------------
a exapmle how to create a table inside a database with 4 colums
Код:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `Users` (`id` int(11) AUTO_INCREMENT, `Name` varchar(25), `Password`varchar(128), `ip` varchar(18), PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
-----------
-----------

SQLite
-----------

a example how to create a table inside a database with 4 colums
Код:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `Users` (`ID` INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, `Name` VARCHAR(25), `Password` VARCHAR(128), `Ip` VARCHAR(18))
SQLite is built-in to the SA-MP you already have the include in your pawno directory and if you include #include <a_samp> other inclaudes are alleardy included, the database will create on server start dir/scriptfiles.

MySQL is a third party include to expand data read/writes/loads the Developer/contributer is BlueG for MySQL R41-4 release
this requier a web based server like phpmyadmin to connect to in order for you to create <yourdatabase>.sql inport/export to your webserver

i could do more expaination but that is all i can say for now this is also explained for you Ramboi

I find Dini the easiest but it's outdated so you may use Dini2 by Gammix.

Well you may think dini or yini is easyer to learn and use. And while that is True in some way, I tell you from experience that Its easyer to create something using sql. a while ago I didnt knew How to realise some things and had given it up. With sql it was so easy to do. Sql offers u alot more functionalist and it is not that hard to learn at all.

Example: my character system
I had No idea on How to do this. When I learned sql and thinked it over I figured I can make it like this and it works perfect:
Table with users and characters.
Field called userid in characters table.

So when a player logs in, I save his id from db in userid[playerid] and can Now simply use " SELECT FROM characters WHERE ID = userid[playerid]"

So think it over before u use dini or other glitchy saving systems. Im also pretty sure that if u wont use sql Now, u update it to sql later on anyway. I get weekly jobs from this community to convert a y ini/dini mode into sql..

I think the easiest ever, which is the one with which I learnt is SII (Slick's INI Include)
If the download link is down, download it here