Plugins using x64 libraries

Hey there.

I'm working on my plugin and want to use a library which sadly does not support x86 on Linux. I was wondering what SA-MP's objections are to supporting x64. I know, PAWN will still be running in 32-bit mode as otherwise it would probably break existing scripts, but having support for x64 features/libraries for plugins would be rather nice.

I know supporting x64 involves more than just flipping a switch and probably involves quite a bit of work but I'm very interested in the reasoning it was never supported. (and if it ever will be supported)

I'm not really looking forward to hosting multiple processes (samp-server in x86 more and a host process in x64)

If I'm not wrong this is not possible, as SA-MP executable itself is 32bit, but again you might want to consult with someone that has more experience

Also check this thread on stackoverflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoaPsyFactor
View Post
If I'm not wrong this is not possible, as SA-MP executable itself is 32bit, but again you might want to consult with someone that has more experience

Also check this thread on stackoverflow
That's precisely what I'm asking: "what SA-MP's objections are to supporting x64?"

edit: I'm also looking into building the library in question for x86. The question in this thread is more out of interest than need.