Here's why SA-MP is apparently "Dying".

So, Im going to answer this for once. Here is the clear cut answer for those who're too lazy to end that battle of "Its dying, NO its not" in their heads:
"SAMP is not dying." Because around 25k players, at any time, puts most modern titles to shame. GTA V(on pc) has around 80k players at a time, and retaining 1/3rd the playerbase of newest title after 11 years, and 2 newer titles to the series, is not too bad I'd say. Ofcourse considering that GTA IV was not that big on PCs and was nothing close to GTA Online, but even with GTA Online, GTA V only attracts 3 times the player base(on pc).

But a simple its not happening or it is happening doesn't answer it, people have different, lets say views on the matter.

Development
Now, one thing that can't be denied is, the development is not what it used to be. And frankly, it doesn't need to be any more. Sure, people want more features, and improvements and stuff. But, it must be understood that the game is now almost 14 years old and Kalcor probably has other and better things to do than to sit a update a 14 year old mod. So yes, people have had enough of it, old players are leaving, and not enough new players are coming. BUT!! 25k+ players at any time, is putting most newer titles to shame.

Popular Servers "Dying and Closing"
Yes, servers that used to be once popular are closing and not getting enough players, but since when did a handfull of old generic RP servers start representing the SA-MP community as a whole. These servers are all the same, and the only difference you'd find in these servers was how the same function was executed. So, players had enough of the same old crap, and moved on, since these servers couldn't provide enough fresh and different content.
SA-MP has way more potential then these servers are utilizing.

SA-MP's Potential
I've been refraining to call out names but, since there are so few examples, I have to specify these. There were some ambitious projects such as the Wild West Roleplay, and the ambitious project that never became "Medieval Roleplay", and Humans Vampires And Werewolf roleplay(not played this that much). Yes, I know Im only naming roleplay servers here, but lets be honest, thats what a large part of samp is, and what people still like. I also am really interested in that Island roleplay(you know the one).
AND NO! Your "enter one random county name from samp here" county roleplay is not unique. Its the same old stuff. Im not going to say that the normal roleplay from samp should disappear, but I am saying that we have too many of those. And its lost its edge. We need a server that actually captures the 90's timeline of SA properly, not these wannabe roleplay servers who just put too much stress on their "Dynamic System" this and that.

English Community
The above things have mostly affected the English community as the Russian, Spanish, Polish, Dutch, and German servers are still kicking. And since I've not played on these, I assume its mostly because those servers have been bringing new stuff to the table, or most likely those communities are full of 25 year olds who've got nothing else to do...

..To be continued, (I could write a book on it tbh, so expect some more).

And yet people will still start new threads for the "dying" subject.

AND... looks like no one read that and no one's going to so..

The fuck was this thread lol.
Are you claiming samp isn’t dying?

ok..