help me change linux

how to change my Windows server to Linux?

Just get everything from your Linux server (filterscripts, gamemode, plugins) and paste them in a freshly downloaded copy of the windows server.
The plugins might need further researches, as you'll need to get every plugin in a .dll extension (whereas Linux uses .so files)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamoneoone
View Post
Just get everything from your Linux server (filterscripts, gamemode, plugins) and paste them in a freshly downloaded copy of the windows server.
The plugins might need further researches, as you'll need to get every plugin in a .dll extension (whereas Linux uses .so files)
You've got this the wrong way around, he's going from Windows, to Linux.

As what Adamoneone said, simply get the server package, chuck in the linux versions of the plugins that you use (There are a few that aren't available(AVOID CENTOS as many of the plugins have trouble on there due to not being compiled for CentOS)) and fire it up...

If it errors out, post the log file. If the server crashes, check with crashdetect and post that log section as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamoneoone
View Post
then I move all of my server windows to the server of the linux folder and compile with the files.so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
View Post
You've got this the wrong way around, he's going from Windows, to Linux.

As what Adamoneone said, simply get the server package, chuck in the linux versions of the plugins that you use (There are a few that aren't available(AVOID CENTOS as many of the plugins have trouble on there due to not being compiled for CentOS)) and fire it up...

If it errors out, post the log file. If the server crashes, check with crashdetect and post that log section as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbx2000
View Post
then I move all of my server windows to the server of the linux folder and compile with the files.so?
Whoops, my bad, so you don't have to recompile anything, you just need to put the plugins in their linux version on the plugins folder in your samp server's folder

For instance, if you had streamer.dll in your windows version server, you need to download the streamer.so and put it in the linux folder.