sign in with g/fb?

would it be possible to make something like that for samp servers? it would be quicker for players and there would be a lot less fake accounts since usually you need a verified phone # for those accounts?

edit: forgot it was censored but i think you know what i meant

Do you mean to connect in servers via g-o-o-g-l-e or fb? that's kinda useless for a SA:MP community lol cause there are so many fake accounts even in those communities.

Not really bad idea but it won't stop fake account because faceboуk does not require phone number to register,only to verify as far as I know.
IPS already did it,so yes it is possible but it won't stop fake account.

Why should I share my social media account with you just so I can play in a SAMP server?

I don't use smilebook and will never log in to some random samp server with my bignumber account.

you will get zero players if you did this, and even then it would be a very clumsy/sloppy implementation of it considering that SA-MP does not have a CEF-style browser (and it never should).

But why stop there ?
Make login using ID card or Bank account

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTallMidget
Посмотреть сообщение
But why stop there ?
Make login using ID card or Bank account
fingerprint only...

Like I would trust my G or FB account to a SA:MP Server. Hell no.

In order to prevent multiple accounts, you can use player's mobile phone's fingerprint sensor for fingerprint security.
You will need to store those fingerprints in the database in the form of alphanumeric text.Later you can load that data for use.

it's ok guys, we store in plaintext

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez1337
Посмотреть сообщение
Like I would trust my G or FB account to a SA:MP Server. Hell no.
if you're an android user you probably share your G account with a lot of shady apps

on topic:

i just want a quick and easy way to auth players so they can't create fake accounts (they still can but it will cost them their time and patience)

1) verifying emails is not enough since there's like a million services for disposable emails
2) i can't verify phone numbers myself and even if i could people wouldn't trust me with that data
3) g0g/f4kbok is out of the question as it seems

so anyone got any ideas

First of all, how would a fake account on your server help?
Cause you can make the creation of fake accounts redundant by implementing limitations that are lifted by gameplay time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
Sorry, login failed, please enter your pin to confirm your identity.
Please do not forget to add card number, expiry date,cvv and PIN for extra security!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
Посмотреть сообщение
Please do not forget to add card number, expiry date,cvv and PIN for extra security!
Ultimately, devote your soul for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee
Посмотреть сообщение
if you're an android user you probably share your G account with a lot of shady apps
Sure but those aren't SA:MP servers. And define 'Shady' app since I don't really install that many apps, especially not the shady ones you refer to. I don't even want to know how many servers still save passwords in plain text. How would I ever thrust them my G or FB account? No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_
Посмотреть сообщение
Ultimately, devote your soul for me
LMAO.
Also as ToS you should agree to have always $5k in your Credit Card balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
There seems to be a lot of misconceptions regarding OAuth services (sign in with G/FB/Twttr/etc) so I'll briefly clear them up for you.

> How would I ever thrust them my G or FB account?
Not everyone uses their online nickname from SA-MP across the web and feels comfortable sharing their personal information. In a lot of gaming communities there's doxing and all sorts of nastyness which goes on, I would not feel comfortable giving so many personal details such as my full real life name and other details to a gaming community. People are not so concerned about the logging in part, more the information that is given.

thanks everyone for your insight / comments

SA-MP feels pretty much old to be using any other authentication method than a simple registration system. Nowadays people have multiple accounts in other newer games so what's the point doing so much work for an old game, especially messing with real life things such as FB or phone numbers.