VPS Related questions

Hello, Please help me with some VPS related questions..

Do i get a MySQL DB with a VPS?

How much vps requirement do i need to host 100 SLOTS smooth? (REALLY TIGHT BUDGET.. PLS AS LOW AS POSSIBLE)

Can i also host a website on that VPS(OFC WILL GET A DOMAIN, BUT DUNNO FORWARDING)

AND THE LAST AND FINAL

Which OS/LINUX is best for sa-mp FOR HOSTING A WEBSITE, MYSQL, SAMP SERVER WITH 100 SLOTS on it?

You install MySQL and configure it.

I think the server doesn't need much RAM at all, it's all dependent on the gamemode after that.

You can host a website, as that really isn't taxing either. Domain is simply an A record pointing to the servers IP.

Use Ubuntu, as it's more able to handle the plugins, rather than the old goto of running the static versions of plugins to avoid installing the actual libraries needed by the plugins. It's also good for beginners as you can install it easily on a machine, play around, and get into it.

CentOS is notorious for not having the libraries, as no-one compiles the plugin for CentOS, and CentOS uses updated libraries, which aren't advisable to be installing with the old ones.

Beware though, getting a VPS setup isn't easy, but once you do it a few times, you get used to it, and know what you need to install.

You'll be needing to look at SSH, and SCP ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_copy ). If you use SCP, then you don't need to install FTP, as SCP uses the SSH connection to the server.

PuTTY is a free, and very usable ssh client. WinSCP is a windows SCP client.

Well, I'll be running a CnR gamemode with 100 slots, + a website, on which a vBulletin FORUMS will be hosted(not a large size, because it will just be a start)

PS: the gamemode will be around 15k lines.. which will increase, as i'll be updating everything.

EDIT: so, in what range can i get a VPS? and specs too please..

Check this, I saw some one running sa-mp server and as well as vBulletin forums on this VPS. You should try this.

Ubuntu isn't available on OVH.

I'm getting the following specs

Show all features
2 CPU Cores
3 GB Guaranteed RAM
70 GB Disk Space
3 TB Bandwidth
1 IP address

for first 3 months..

Then

More or less

Show all features
1 CPU Core
1 GB Guaranteed RAM
30 GB Disk Space
1000 GB Bandwidth
1 IP address

How much slots can it HOLD WITH

MySQL + Samp server(How much max slots?) + vBulletin forums, + a website..

Quote:
Originally Posted by div
Посмотреть сообщение
Ubuntu isn't available on OVH.
Bullshit...

https://www.ovh.com/world/vps/operat...tributionsNues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Would you check the particular LINK OUT? Ubuntu isn't available with those particular VPS series.

*BULLSHIT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by div
Посмотреть сообщение
Would you check the particular LINK OUT? Ubuntu isn't available with those particular VPS series.

*BULLSHIT*
Why would Ubuntu be unavailable? You surely don't know what you are talking about.

I recommend using at least 1gb for the mysql itself and use centos 7 I being bias of course