Do you guys think samp will ever die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uproar
View Post
Did you read the closing note? I resigned at the end because I had less time to dedicate to it. Mabel was still an owner but she wanted to close it, I just announced it
I did.

Here's what you wrote.
I dont have anything to with SA:MP anymore basically, it's dead.

SAMP got a few more years in its book in my opinion.
Take BARP for example, it was over hyped, 450 full slots when it first opened, imagine if it were what it was originally promised to be, it would've still had the same amount instead of 5 to 10 these days.
It's the developer's fault, instead of creating a perfected script, they just alter other GMs or create unfinished or buggy ones, and when players leave, they say "samp dead now cuz". It's literally a one time chance, if you screw up the first time, no matter what you do next, you won't be able to escape the bumfucks.

another cringe ass thread. no, sa-mp isn't "dying" and won't "die" anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyH
View Post
It's the developer's fault, instead of creating a perfected script, they just alter other GMs or create unfinished or buggy ones, and when players leave, they say "samp dead now cuz". It's literally a one time chance, if you screw up the first time, no matter what you do next, you won't be able to escape the bumfucks.
Abso-fucking-lutely right.

--

Before anyone else makes another thread with the same drama - read the threads that were created before. And no, it has been answered multiple of times that SA-MP isn't dying.

This isn't the first thread regarding this and certainly not the last.

Obviously SA:MP isn't doing statistically good as it used to back in the years, people eventually move on. Being realistic many great people have left the forum and left SA:MP as our time with it has gone, but that doesn't mean it is dying.

I for one don't play SA:MP anymore, to me it isn't as exciting as it used to be. Many friends I made has moved on (Wish I could see them again) and I should most likely do the same or life would pass me by. Most of the developers on this forum don't really go in the game and play like they would, they just throw out an update and hope the players enjoy it (They do put the effort in their work).

TL; DR:

Not saying it is dying but statistics is low compared to old days and most people do not enjoy it like they used to. Until Kalcor decides to come on this forum and announce that he's shutting down SA:MP isn't dead.

if SA-MP Community will last long for future generations maybe other generations will come and see this game as a relic i'm not talking for year 2018-2025 im talking for year 2050-2100 when the creators of The SA-MP community are by then gone maybe some of the advanced new era of gaming will find it interesting to try it out
question is will this be compatible with highly advanced technology in case support was added by then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
Your server died because it was shit, you put barely any effort in, didn't bring enough people to your community and only had the total of 14 people online during your opening. That's why it failed, not because SA-MP is dying.

The player base has dropped in recent years for the English speaking community but BARP has proven it is still viable to create a new community if you do things right, like if you made the right connections/contacts to bring people in to your community and of course if you don't make a shit script, as well as making generally smart decisions along the way it's all possible.

I wouldn't bother making a new community in this day and age myself because it would be twice the amount of effort than it used to be getting new players, but it's still very possible to do so. You just have to actually try, something which you (Uproar) did not do.
This.

I don't think it can, some interesting things are coming for San Andreas and the engine still plays well.
I think things will change for sure but it can't die.

Actually, SA:MP will die like any other game before, it's only a matter of time (tommorrow, a week, a year, 10 years etc.) Nobody knows that, only kalcor do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunud
View Post
only kalcor do.
No he doesn't, We will be able to open servers even if he shuts down this forum, website nd game-mp, He has no control over the rest.

It is dying in the heart of haters.

Obviously SAMP is going to die one day, just like any other game dies out. We just don't know if that is next year, over 5 years or over 20 years.

However I do believe SAMP still has great potential to attract new players. SA:MP offers almost endless possibilities to create an awesome and unique experience, and the gameplay is something I haven't experienced in any other game.

Also don't forget that modern games require good hardware and a lot of people simply cannot afford that. SAMP is then a alternative and with the amount of servers it's pretty much guaranteed you will find something that you like; whether you like TDM, 'heavy' roleplay, light RP/RPG, stunting, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunud
View Post
Actually, SA:MP will die like any other game before, it's only a matter of time (tommorrow, a week, a year, 10 years etc.) Nobody knows that, only kalcor do.
Not untill something can replace it. RageMP might.
On the other hand this is still the only game with a realistic setting in California in early 90.
Untill they recreate that, I'm playing San Andreas single and multi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeth
View Post
I did.

Here's what you wrote.
I dont have anything to with SA:MP anymore basically, it's dead.

>spends 10 minutes making dead script and ditches it
>posts closing announcement saying hes crying
>calls samp dead

How many more people will continue this cycle? Absolutely nothing new.

yeah, multiplayer like samp on next GTA it can be cool..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uproar
View Post
Actually yes, I had to close my server because of this. We could say english heavy roleplay servers are dying. LSRP rarely hits 200 these days. RCRP mostly is at 50 or 100. People were hyped for my server and I did my best to provide them with unique stuff. But then we got only 14 players at opening and average was 5 till 2 more days. Then people didn't go ingame but complained about the server having 0 players. This stupid mentality is what I hate. If you see a server with 0 players, can't you go IG and start the chain yourself? Why does someone have to do it for you?

I'm kinda done w samp tbh, but there are some light roleplay servers to play just for fun
It always happens if you walk by other servers.
Why do you have to focus on what they do and how they do, SAMP isn't dead, as far as i see. There's still thousands players out there as well as servers, running on their perfect way. Just because you couldn't DO it, or maybe WASN'T done how you wanted it to be SAMP isn't dead. Think twice before you say something, you just open a server like that and you pretend to get 1000 players? No, nobody had this players on it's first opening, everyone worked hard and got it's success.
+ SCRIPT and UNIQUE can't run a server, it depends how you lead your community, and treat your players.

It will die eventually but not anytime soon. I'd say it has another 5 years ATLEAST. Even if in 5 years theres only 1k players playing.. thats still way more than alot of current GTA online mods lol.

Side note guys.. SAMP is STILL the biggest GTA Online Multiplayer Mod.

So even if it's dying, it's still BIG.

Also, I hate you people... wtf

Never4Ever, only haters will die xD. Everything has a end but nah it's not dying, I am 14 years old and playing sa-mp since 2 years so you can think how sa-mp is awesome. #LongLiveSAMP.

SA-MP won't be dying anytime soon. People who fail will leave and new people will come.

In my eyes, the English community might die.