Do you guys think samp will ever die?

So recently i have noticed to high end servers have beening losing players, i don't know if there going to other servers or leaving samp all together. So what do you guys think, will samp ever die? If yes how long more do you think it will last?

No way.

> "high end servers" are losing players;
> OMG WILL SAMP DIE?!?!?!

FFS, that mentality. And what's with the "high end servers"?

Actually yes, I had to close my server because of this. We could say english heavy roleplay servers are dying. LSRP rarely hits 200 these days. RCRP mostly is at 50 or 100. People were hyped for my server and I did my best to provide them with unique stuff. But then we got only 14 players at opening and average was 5 till 2 more days. Then people didn't go ingame but complained about the server having 0 players. This stupid mentality is what I hate. If you see a server with 0 players, can't you go IG and start the chain yourself? Why does someone have to do it for you?

I'm kinda done w samp tbh, but there are some light roleplay servers to play just for fun

Even if SA-MP "dies", it did last long enough.

I don't think so, we lost most of our players because we weren't having any updates and there's many more multiplayer games released for players with high graphics, else as cuber said; it did last long enough, In my case; I was thinking it's my server problem but i went to script daily to make server more better but i was just increasing 3/4 players. Maybe we're not losing, maybe our players just changing version to the new one (0.3D) so we cant find them on 0.3.7.
In southclaws's site for sa-mp servers it says at my current time there is 33k+ players so i don't think we will die with this playersbase.

SA-MP has reached the end of its rise, And yes of course it will die just like any other game.

yes it will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uproar
View Post
Actually yes, I had to close my server because of this. We could say english heavy roleplay servers are dying. LSRP rarely hits 200 these days. RCRP mostly is at 50 or 100. People were hyped for my server and I did my best to provide them with unique stuff. But then we got only 14 players at opening and average was 5 till 2 more days. Then people didn't go ingame but complained about the server having 0 players. This stupid mentality is what I hate. If you see a server with 0 players, can't you go IG and start the chain yourself? Why does someone have to do it for you?

I'm kinda done w samp tbh, but there are some light roleplay servers to play just for fun
Your server died because it was shit, you put barely any effort in, didn't bring enough people to your community and only had the total of 14 people online during your opening. That's why it failed, not because SA-MP is dying.

The player base has dropped in recent years for the English speaking community but BARP has proven it is still viable to create a new community if you do things right, like if you made the right connections/contacts to bring people in to your community and of course if you don't make a shit script, as well as making generally smart decisions along the way it's all possible.

I wouldn't bother making a new community in this day and age myself because it would be twice the amount of effort than it used to be getting new players, but it's still very possible to do so. You just have to actually try, something which you (Uproar) did not do.

Yes, it will die. Just like you, just like me, just like this entire planet, just like the sun, just like every motherfucking thing in this universe.

I can't believe it's this sort of threads again, has this become a monthly (probably weakly) thing? and yes, IT WILL DIE, everything does eventually.

if gta sa gets a remaster, and kalcor works with a samp remaster too, it would be alive xd

will last for atleast 3 more years

Well, it is 2018 and still running!

It will last many many years. And since SA:MP isn't a centralized project with master servers etc, it will still work if sa-mp community went offline. 3.part server browsers may show up in the future.

Quake 1 (1996), Half Life 1 etc servers are still active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
Your server died because it was shit, you put barely any effort in, didn't bring enough people to your community and only had the total of 14 people online during your opening. That's why it failed, not because SA-MP is dying.

The player base has dropped in recent years for the English speaking community but BARP has proven it is still viable to create a new community if you do things right, like if you made the right connections/contacts to bring people in to your community and of course if you don't make a shit script, as well as making generally smart decisions along the way it's all possible.

I wouldn't bother making a new community in this day and age myself because it would be twice the amount of effort than it used to be getting new players, but it's still very possible to do so. You just have to actually try, something which you (Uproar) did not do.

Its not really dying at all. My server had 72 players online within just some minutes of opening and it proved that new samp servers can still stand out. But due to the script being in its BETA stage and some bugs which were found later, players took a leave from it but they didnt leave the community. Bugs are being fixed everyday, therefore getting it's players back day by day.
We are also expecting to launch our final stable version very soon.

SAMP IS NOT DYING AND BEING A MP MOD OF A DECADE OLD GAME DOSEN'T MAKE IT DEAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uproar
View Post

I dont know but the thing which you call hype was just between some 20-30 players which were from different timezones and therefore having players of average 2-3.
If you put effort and dont give up within just 2-3 days, it can work.
and by closing of your server, you made those players think that new servers open and close every week and therefore dont expect them to join a new server again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeth
View Post
I dont know but the thing which you call hype was just between some 20-30 players which were from different timezones and therefore having players of average 2-3.
If you put effort and dont give up within just 2-3 days, it can work.
and by closing of your server, you made those players think that new servers open and close every week and therefore dont expect them to join a new server again.
Did you read the closing note? I resigned at the end because I had less time to dedicate to it. Mabel was still an owner but she wanted to close it, I just announced it