Help, my server crash

The problem is when I restart the server with the command rcon GMX, if I'm near an "Actor" (CreateDynamicActor), the server crash ..

The Mysql log gives me this:
Код:
[18:49:17] [log-core] exception 0XC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) from Vectored Exception Handler catched; shutting log-core down
I have updated the streamer and the mysql, everything works perfect but at the moment of restarting and being close to an actor the server closes ...

I don't think GMXing is really a wise choice from what I've read... It has weird things that occur, even if it's not like this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't think GMXing is really a wise choice from what I've read... It has weird things that occur, even if it's not like this case.

So, what can I do?

Usually I'd say let it shut down normally, and let whatever ran the server in the first instance to let it restart.

There's information about this on the wiki as it's a common need to have it done so you don't need to open up connections to the server and start your sa-mp server again.

With this scenario, you're going to restart the server a lot as you develop your mode, so by having it automatically start up again, isn't a bad idea. Then you just /rcon exit, and within 5 minutes the server will be back up again.

How to keep the server started on Linux. https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Linux_Ser..._Server_Online

The same on Windows. https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Windows_S..._Server_Online

Im not a big fan of gmx. I never saw it working correctly. Alot of things went dissapearing after a gmx, such as objects and other things.

Why don't restart the server like you are used to do that? I don't think gmxes are made for server restarts but are instead to assist the dev in restarting to test the gm.

@Sew_Sumi Thanks for your help, I followed the steps of the wiki and everything runs perfectly, a doubt .. From now on, I have to open the server from the .bat file?

Another thing, for example if I close the server and open it, does OnPlayerDisconnect run, or should I run the function in OnGameModeExit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdgFox
Посмотреть сообщение
@Sew_Sumi Thanks for your help, I followed the steps of the wiki and everything runs perfectly, a doubt .. From now on, I have to open the server from the .bat file?

Another thing, for example if I close the server and open it, does OnPlayerDisconnect run, or should I run the function in OnGameModeExit?
When you close the server, onplayerdisconnect is not called. Im not sure about ongamemodeexit, but i dont think that will be called either. I could be wrong about ongamemodeexit tho

You could also test this by using a print line in the OnPlayerDisconnect, and in the OnGamemodeExit to see what is shown.

If OnPlayerDisconnect isn't called, you could make a shutdownserver function that cycles through the players saving them, and all the data on the server, then shutting down with a countdown so you can keep your players notified, and so it's a bit more obvious.

Like freezing players as it's about to restart, with a textdraw message notifying them of the shutdown, and stating everything is being saved, and to reconnect when they do end up kicked off.

It's impressive that you also thought of OnPlayerDisconnect as well.

And yes, you do need to use that bat file if you've used the goto start method. And when you really want to shut down the server, fully, you'll have to get into the desktop, and stop it by ctrl-c, or closing the window (AFTER the server has shut down, and before it starts up again).

You could put a 30 second sleep in the batch file, so it'll give you time to stop the startup of the server, before it starts the server.

For example
Код:
timeout /t 30
will make the script wait for 30 seconds, so you put that between the start line, and the server exe line, and it'll give you time to stop the startup if you need to do anything more substantial.

When it's counting down, you can hit a key to instantly start the server, or just close the window and it will stop the bat file. As long as the server isn't starting, this shouldn't be a problem.

Excellent, I did not answer before because I was working.

Now, I have put in OnGameModeExit, kickee the players and so Run OnPlayerDisconnect and save the data

Thank you very much for the help!!