Why people still use 0.3.7

As a 0.3.DL guy who is lazy enough to not pre-install the game swapping the versions to check out a server, I'd like to ask server owners and players, why do you still use 0.3.7? Now, of course, that's just my lazy a** opinion so I'd like to get some feedback from both sides.

I never actually cared about the custom models thingy, I guess I'll stick to 0.3.7, it has what I need and more.

Because 0.3.7-DL is not an official version, it's not featured on the homepage so players won't easily find it.

Doesnt really matter for people not using custom models in server thats why they didnt cared to update to DL. Also, 0.3.7 is expecting 0.3.8 updates other than Custom Models thing.

As 0.3.DL is not official version and is not listed at sa-mp.com, therefore some players might have difficulties connecting to the 0.3.DL servers. We have instead started a new 0.3.DL server, until some new version is released.

I personally couldn't find the 0.3DL client until the server owner provided me with it. That really affects playerbase. On the other hand, I have both clients on my desktop and will simply install the one or the other whenever I want to join a server with different versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez1337
Посмотреть сообщение
Because 0.3.7-DL is not an official version
Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
Посмотреть сообщение
As 0.3.DL is not official version and is not listed at sa-mp.com
What makes you say it's not an official version? It's a different branch, but that doesn't make it unofficial.

I've tried once to play on 0.3DL servers had to download 30mb at least to join any server find out the server is shit and leave.
Got limited net traffic and 100kb download speed. What do you expect more from me more than removing this client and never installing it again.

By using 0.3.7. we're going back in time.
Finally, SA:MP has the option we always dreamed of (atleast I) - and we're not using it.
The only reason why it is not at height is because most SA:MP developers are not
experienced as much in 3D modeling. Also a lot of srver owners think they will loose players if they change to the new version.

0.3Dl is THE BEST version of SA:MP ever produced and if we lose it we're big dummies.

MTA became huge only because of that customization which SA-MP never really had.
And now finally it has?

I ask myself the same question, why do people still use 0.3.7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDon
Посмотреть сообщение
MTA became huge only because of that customization which SA-MP never really had.
SA-MP has always been more popular than MTA despite not having this level of customisation, people would argue over the fact that most of the playerbase of SA-MP own low-end computers that are not able to run MTA on a playable state, I could be one of them, why? I'm not ready to overload my computer with unnecessary mods whenever I join a server, backing up @jlalt's statement here.

Again, I'm not saying this feature is unnecessary, or blunt and should have never happened, but it certainly is not for everyone, I'm fine with 0.3.DL being the offitial release as long as there is an option to filter servers that don't use mods apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlalt
Посмотреть сообщение
I've tried once to play on 0.3DL servers had to download 30mb at least to join any server find out the server is shit and leave.
Got limited net traffic and 100kb download speed. What do you expect more from me more than removing this client and never installing it again.
I gotta tell you that you got on the wrong server, some random guy popped HQ skins and made you wait god knows what amount of time but if you get on the right server where the developers actually know how to do their job and pick the right skins and textures, you'd wait no more than one minute and that's all.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
By using 0.3.7. we're going back in time.
Finally, SA:MP has the option we always dreamed of (atleast I) - and we're not using it.
The only reason why it is not at height is because most SA:MP developers are not
experienced as much in 3D modeling. Also a lot of srver owners think they will loose players if they change to the new version.

0.3Dl is THE BEST version of SA:MP ever produced and if we lose it we're big dummies.

And now finally it has?

I ask myself the same question, why do people still use 0.3.7?
Some of us didn't even want custom models, don't care for it at all. Call it going back in time if you want, but I enjoyed SA:MP for SA:MP, not MTA.

its unstable of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
What makes you say it's not an official version? It's a different branch, but that doesn't make it unofficial.
The fact that Kalcor calls it a 'Seperate version'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
SA-MP 0.3.DL is a seperate version of SA-MP featuring server-side custom models. Right now, custom objects and custom player skins are supported, with more types planned for the future.
And that it's not on the homepage, it doesn't really look like an 'official version' for the lack of a better term.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
We're not losing it. Kalcor already stated that the development that has gone into 0.3.8 (0.3.7-DL) is going to be included in a upcoming version of SA:MP. So we're not losing it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeitY
Посмотреть сообщение
its unstable of course
Never really noticed that tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Some of us didn't even want custom models, don't care for it at all. Call it going back in time if you want, but I enjoyed SA:MP for SA:MP, not MTA.
To be fair, I totally agree with this statement. Although custom objects and skins are not that bad, but please don't let servers be able to change everything, I don't want to download stuff for 30 minutes before entering a server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
This... Back when I first started playing I always hoped for custom models, but soon I learned the downsides. Is it really fair to force your players to download a bunch of custom shit?

Also, I do believe that one of the reasons SA:MP has so many players compared to MTA, is how low hardware requirements actually are.

because everyone else uses it

I just wish we could go back to not having separate playerbases and let everyone access all servers

Thats just ridicilious, nothing more to say. SA-MP did very big mistake with splitting SA-MP from half.. there are 2 versions right now one is 0.3.7 and other one is 0.3.DL. Since Kalcor decided to not release 0.3.DL officialy, random SA-MP players don't even know if this version exists or not ? So technically its like there is no 0.3.DL version and 0.3.7 is still the main SA-MP lmao so players who just discovered SA-MP download 0.3.7 version, and the ones who don't even bother to check up forums still stick with 0.3.7 version. Just release 0.3.DL from main page already and let everyone download it without accessing to forums dude.

As a SA-MP player who's still playing this game since 2007 its very sad to see SA-MP missed a very big fun feature cause of '' new kid generation '' who doesn't know about anything, and narrow minded back in months when we were heavily discussing between 0.3.7 and 0.3.DL there were players who were saying ''Meh custom skins/maps are unnecessary we like the SA-MP however it is'' its nothing more than stupidy. Sorry but I won't show respect to anyone who's defending this stupid idea, how could someone be against a dope idea like that ? lmao. Thats right, the ones who doesn't find 0.3.DL necessary are narrow minded people and they don't know anything about SA-MP, they don't even know what are the features of 0.3.DL.. I mean comeon lmao who wouldn't want to play with diffrent skins and diffrent maps ? You are just so old school people lmao.

Sorry for SPAM

I also saw some player saying '' its ridicilious to see, severs are forcing you to download custom models and its bull shit'' just lol, almost all of servers on 0.3.DL right now released their cache folder from their forums and they gave their players an oppurtunity to extract cache files into their own folder. It takes only about 10-15 seconds in total, is this the reason why you find custom models unnecessary ? Lol.

Just comeon guys, it been like 12-13 years since SA-MP came out already ain't you bored from playing in same old servers ? Wouldn't you want to see Liberty City Roleplay, Vice City Roleplay or if you don't play Roleplay, wouldn't you want to have Deatmatch in these maps and discover them ? I think it worths it lmao, its a diffrent mentality. With 0.3.DL every shit is possible now, there is nothing you can't do on SA-MP and I wonder who the hell still wants to stick with stupid 0.3.7 version. And the reason why SA-MP is more popular than MTA is, because MTA is always been complicated but SA-MP is more easy than MTA thats it.

There should be an option in upcoming version(I hope so) where we can disable the download feature,we should see '?' as custom object and the default skin for the custom,just like samp-compat do.