Old times

I'd like to know what includes and plugins were used the most back in 2007-2009, and was there a gamemode that really brought attention to the playerbase?

You can just look at the old threads in GameModes section. And I think release of PEN1 then GF were the reasons of what SAMP is today... What if, GF was never closed.

1>It would have been running as the MOST single successful RP server in English community. All these newer updates like sql and all would have eventually came.

2>They close down but dont release the script. No LSRP, NGG like servers... SAMP would seem empty and dead way before today.

((and just hypothetically, because if the creators of servers which are using GF as base, could have used either other released script or made their own scratch GM that looks like gf. Cant say exactly.))

actually at that time, there were less released script and people actually came with new unique ideas and made it to the list. and GTA SA itself was very popular at those days, so the samp attracted a lot of players. It was itself interesting that you can play GTA like game with your friends and other players in realtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLS
Посмотреть сообщение
2>They close down but dont release the script. No LSRP, NGG like servers... SAMP would seem empty and dead way before today.
Or most people would actually need to use their brains and come up with their own gamemode. That would be amazing. The purge of shitty NGG GF or whatever other gamemode edits would be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez1337
Посмотреть сообщение
Or most people would actually need to use their brains and come up with their own gamemode. That would be amazing. The purge of shitty NGG GF or whatever other gamemode edits would be amazing.
You still think most people would do that? I mean yes, people who created LSRP what today is, they would have done something on their own, and probably few other servers too. But most of scripters are using either a NGG edit or some kind of other GF edit.

actually i love ngg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshncool
Посмотреть сообщение
actually i love ngg
Actually I think not, Uproar's Peak County Roleplay is what I love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Agreed. The best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
actually you're wrong. And if you think I'm wrong, you're wrong.

Good times those, and I believe that yes GodFather was a two main reasons for success of SAMP, not only in the English language but as in all other languages that gamemode crowded servers, and there were few. The GF style that attracts players.

that trucker gamemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshncool
Посмотреть сообщение
actually you're wrong. And if you think I'm wrong, you're wrong.
That's some nice Kalcortry going on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLS
Посмотреть сообщение
You can just look at the old threads in GameModes section. And I think release of PEN1 then GF were the reasons of what SAMP is today... What if, GF was never closed.

1>It would have been running as the MOST single successful RP server in English community. All these newer updates like sql and all would have eventually came.

((and just hypothetically, because if the creators of servers which are using GF as base, could have used either other released script or made their own scratch GM that looks like gf. Cant say exactly.))
GF shouldn't have been released so proper scripters could have had the chance to make a "base RP gamemode" everyone would have used instead of that mess which spammed the Scripting Help section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
Посмотреть сообщение
GF shouldn't have been released so proper scripters could have had the chance to make a "base RP gamemode" everyone would have used instead of that mess which spammed the Scripting Help section.
Fact is just because the script was released, and people took it up, doesn't make it bad... The people are bad for trying to thrash the fuck out of it, and now every time they start up a server, they automatically think they're going to make bank because of 'donations'...

That's what's up with this scenario.

The reality is that literally everyone who runs a SA-MP server now, only does so for the donations, of which they don't flow as fast as they think they will, so then they end up closing the server.

It's like people thinking they're going to be a massive hit when they end up on Hollywood, then find out that it's not what they thought, and that the money was never there.

And if you can't actually acknowledge that that script, was actually the best at the time, then you are actually naive, and are jaded by the requests for help with it, and the subsequent longevity of that scripts success.

It's been around a lot longer than most of the people who complain about it being shit, yet I'm sure the real issue with it, was that people didn't understand the script properly, and simply ruined it with each subsequent attempt at fixing what _THEY THOUGHT_ was a bug, when it was just them not understanding the script.

Yup. Sew's right.