General Jobs Idea

Hello I am writing this threaad because I am working on a Gamemode, and I wanted some ideas related to job. my server is based on High RP.
Only Job i have added yet is Lumberjack.

What other jobs are there. I know all jobs are stereotypes, like Taxi and Pizza and Mechanic etc.. Please suggest me any job you like with some points to make it a lil bit unique from all those GF edits. (LSRP and PLA etc..). Please Include a lil detail about what the job will do along with unique point.

Thanks

How about information technology (I.T.)? since it's in demand and you earn money by typing something/more like a typing test type?

I don't think you have to reinvent the wheel to stand out OP, but just try and find some new ways of doing things. Those jobs you've mentioned all have a place on any roleplay server but if it's just some basic checkpoint to checkpoint thing, that's been done a thousand times over.

As an example, on a previous build on my server, I had a Human Trafficker job. With that job, you could pick the human you wanted to traffic and there was different criteria for delivery of each human so you are giving the user the chance to play it how they want.

I'd say random outcomes are good, but don't make it so random that the user has no control over it. Repetition is okay, but don't over-do it.

What about a simple post man? The postman would drive with a Mule and maybe he would deliver magazines, newspapers, letters etc.

Dock worker, carrying crates and loading them onto trucks/into containers at the docks. Or perhaps a crane driver, loading/unloading containers with a crane at docks.

The possibilities are endless, use your imagination.

I am completely against these point-to-point jobs.
You just go somewhere, type some command, return to the HQ and receive the payment.
My advice is: keep away from this kind of job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konverse
View Post
How about information technology (I.T.)? since it's in demand and you earn money by typing something/more like a typing test type?
Can you please explain a bit what does a IT official do? What kind of typing are we talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket16
View Post
I don't think you have to reinvent the wheel to stand out OP, but just try and find some new ways of doing things. Those jobs you've mentioned all have a place on any roleplay server but if it's just some basic checkpoint to checkpoint thing, that's been done a thousand times over.

As an example, on a previous build on my server, I had a Human Trafficker job. With that job, you could pick the human you wanted to traffic and there was different criteria for delivery of each human so you are giving the user the chance to play it how they want.

I'd say random outcomes are good, but don't make it so random that the user has no control over it. Repetition is okay, but don't over-do it.
Yup thats what I wanted. to stand out by doing something different not just how other thousand servers are doing. I''ll think about Human Trafficiking job. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10MIN
View Post
What about a simple post man? The postman would drive with a Mule and maybe he would deliver magazines, newspapers, letters etc.
Yeah, Liked it. Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
Dock worker, carrying crates and loading them onto trucks/into containers at the docks. Or perhaps a crane driver, loading/unloading containers with a crane at docks.

The possibilities are endless, use your imagination.
Actually, I had this job in my mind from start, it would be called Ocean Docks Warehouse Worker. Here we have to deliver crates of goods to other places and all. But It still is a checkpoint to checkpoint job, you know.. Is there something I can do to make it more interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlack
View Post
I am completely against these point-to-point jobs.
You just go somewhere, type some command, return to the HQ and receive the payment.
My advice is: keep away from this kind of job.
Yeah, That is the reason I decided to ask here. Point to Point jobs are too cliche now. And it just makes all jobs similar with just different names.

Thanks everyone who gave their time and thought into this. I'd like more ideas if anyone has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeMcReary
View Post
Actually, I had this job in my mind from start, it would be called Ocean Docks Warehouse Worker. Here we have to deliver crates of goods to other places and all. But It still is a checkpoint to checkpoint job, you know.. Is there something I can do to make it more interesting?
Instead of having the player mindlessly walk from checkpoint to checkpoint, make them actually pick up crates, attach them to the player with SetPlayerAttachedObject, select an appropriate "carry" animation and have them carry the crates one by one onto a ship, or a truck, or a container where every crate actually gets added to the pile and stacks up. Sure the pick up point and drop off point would still be marked by a checkpoint, but it would be something more than just walking around.

First, i'm so sorry because my english very very BAD.
I have some idea with jobs but i can't do it because i can't do it.
Start: you enjoy job (i think job name is Chef) -> you need buy some material in market (rice from Farmer, meat from hunter, salt from i trucker or 24/7 biz,... may be you need coding some think have this) ->
Next you process the food with different features (pilau = + 50HP, steak = +5 Armor,...) ->
Finally you sell that product at the price you like.
again, i'm so sorry for my english

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
View Post
Instead of having the player mindlessly walk from checkpoint to checkpoint, make them actually pick up crates, attach them to the player with SetPlayerAttachedObject, select an appropriate "carry" animation and have them carry the crates one by one onto a ship, or a truck, or a container where every crate actually gets added to the pile and stacks up. Sure the pick up point and drop off point would still be marked by a checkpoint, but it would be something more than just walking around.
Yeah, Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawsn
View Post
First, i'm so sorry because my english very very BAD.
I have some idea with jobs but i can't do it because i can't do it.
Start: you enjoy job (i think job name is Chef) -> you need buy some material in market (rice from Farmer, meat from hunter, salt from i trucker or 24/7 biz,... may be you need coding some think have this) ->
Next you process the food with different features (pilau = + 50HP, steak = +5 Armor,...) ->
Finally you sell that product at the price you like.
again, i'm so sorry for my english
I got your idea. Thanks. Cooking wont be a job in my server, but it would be something everyone is able to do. Niceee...