Why is the sa-mp rp community reluctant to change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasino97
View Post
Most of the RP servers are the same, and I agree. They are all based on pre-existing successful models. They think that doing this all the time:

is actually playing. To me that is simply boring and a waste of time.
So because the wheel is round, you'd be revolutionary and make it a damn cube...

Good job there. It's the way it is, because it's how it was made, and is the accepted norm.

It's a PC game, so it uses the keyboard... To bring consoles into this, is simply pointless, because they HAVE to use shorter and smaller control functions, because, they only have 20 keys total... Keyboard has a lot more than that, including modifiers and the like.

Let me answer your question from the eyes of what you call an imaginative mind, or at least I would classify myself as one.

I have spent most of my time here (~9 years now) on roleplaying servers, and apart from the first few years, have never or barely participated in any of the casual kind of roleplay 90% of people participate in. I have always tried to come up with unique things that interest me and people have never seen before, and tried to make them work on many existing servers. It's almost impossible to make an unique faction work on a large server, administrators don't know you and aren't willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, and seem to be very cautious when it comes to unique factions because in their eyes, it won't work out anyway. If you have an idea and they don't like it, then too bad, there's no middle ground, no negotiation, it just won't happen.

I've chosen to stick mostly to smaller servers because it tends to be easier to do things there. I often work my way into the development, administration and / or managament team, and help them out in any way possible, and this tends to help me to realize my ideas. The last server I did this on was two years ago, and the server was rapidly growing before the management team decided they wanted to abandon two years of hard work for pretty much no damn reason. I have the gamemode, database and pretty much everything I would need to continue most of these servers, but I'm too damn loyal to run off with someone else's work, and when I ask them for permission they tend to want money for it.

I got tired of having to prove myself to large servers, and of wasting my talents and time on smaller servers that end up closing down for no reason whatsoever. I wanted to make a server myself before but I don't have enough time for that, and can't do everything myself, as I suck at creating maps most of the time, plus I just tend to work much better in a team. I still hope that my best days on SA:MP aren't in the past, but are yet to come, but I'm afraid that's just not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo
View Post
I heard the same dialogue in 2013, Don't worry no one is going anywhere.
I frankly wouldn't be so sure anymore, a friend recently invited me to a GTA V text-based roleplaying server. I've been playing it a little for the last week or so and am baffled by the amount of former SA:MP players joining on a daily basis, and the amount of friends I thought had quit roleplaying but have now joined there too.

Why break something that is properly working? I've seen a lot of good servers died because of change.

I think theres much roleplay servers but everything are the same, same ideas, same gameplay. Sadly the players dont try new servers, this is sad because many new servers with nice gamemodes are shut down because of low amount of players.

Im creating a horror server, called Friday the 13th. I hope people want play, im working very hard to make this server funny to play - ops, scary to play xd if anyone are interesting, like the f...,-.a..-,c....,;e......'b....;o.....'k page, search "Friday the 13th sa-mp server"

No one's a fool. I'm playing Baldur's Gate 2 (early 90's) and ppl still playing and hosting multiplayer. Everyone speaks about growing up and moving on games like they are old and wise men.
Let me tell you how it works. Eventually you will play what you want to play despite its age anyone and anything.

Go mobile or this will die. Many developers see and many don't but there will be heavy drop of playerbase in samp in next 5 years as people are going mobile and use pc mostly for next gen games not this decade old game.

They just released 0.3DL for more creativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayJ
View Post
Go mobile or this will die.
It is just /that/ easy.

Not all change is good but not all change is bad.

Change is how the communities are created and destroyed.

Change is what's necessary - some circumstances require change. If you're afraid of doing something, do it with a reason and ask your player base, your staff team. They are what makes a community.

PUBG Mobile is doing great, probably mobile support will bring players but googl play itself is banned so no way I guess unless the apk will be downloaded from the samp site and it'll not be as popular as it would on gplay.

On screen controls are kinda rubbish, mobile players will always have a disadvantage against a high frame rate pc player with mouse and keyboard controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayJ
View Post
Go mobile or this will die. Many developers see and many don't but there will be heavy drop of playerbase in samp in next 5 years as people are going mobile and use pc mostly for next gen games not this decade old game.
We gotta face the fact that good things come to an end, too. Going mobile would mean that the community would be full of 7-10y/o kids, who mainly play on their mobile phones, mainly talk about either Minecraft or Fortnite, and floss in public. Quality over quantity.

It's not just RP community, there was time when SA-MP had really horrible and unrealistic shooting sync, but once it was improved and made so much better, DM community started to decline rapidly, and eventually many people stopped playing because they didn't want to learn how to play with new synchronization. Who do you blame on that one? Ї\_(ツ)_/Ї