Roleplay server

Hi. I am from Romania and I'm currently working on a roleplay server.

But I don't know what to do.

Make it in english and accept multilanguage people, or just make it in Romanian.

Can you give me PRO and Cons? Thank you

If you know what you're doing, there are definitely advantages in having the English UI option.
If I were you, I would put a switch between Romanian and English.
Have it work properly, have everything properly translated and you get the benefits from both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
If you know what you're doing, there are definitely advantages in having the English UI option.
If I were you, I would put a switch between Romanian and English. Have it work properly, have everything properly translated and you should be good to go.
Yeah, but I initially thought that, In character chat can be multilangual, as everyone can speak whatever language they want, and if you don't know spanish, you won't talk it. Here it would eliminate the powergame of multilangualism.

But there's an problem. If I'm roleplaying mexican gangster, and someone from REAL mexico comes and talks to me in game in spanish, what do I do if I have no clue what he's saying, but IC I should know spanish

The rules should apply as they apply on this particular forum. He should speak English, since he's on a foreign server that accepts either the native language or English.
There's nothing wrong in enforcing English. You'll get the higher player counts, cause people from all over the world know English.
Alternatively, you could have chat rooms implemented for different countries so you can make it easier for your players to form parties and coordinate.

I really wish someone made a plugin to auto-translate chat, even if it used g00gle translate hehe

Spanish: ola amigo ! Que passa? Todo bien?

English: hello you cunt motherfucker cock sucker, wasssup yo black ass doin ma nigga? Yo ass is finee azzzz ma nigga?

Make it English haha

Cel mai bine Romana + Engleza.
Nu toti romanii stiu engleza, dar multi straini stiu engleza => mai multi jucatori.
Fa-ti ceva functii care sa afiseze mesaje in functie de limba selectata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi007
Посмотреть сообщение
Better to be Romanian + English
Not every romanian knows to speak english, but majority of foreigners know. => higher player rate
Make a function which will show selected language texts.
Оl fac оn engleză, deoarece, cine nu știe puțină engleză, nu cred că are ce căuta pe server. Nu оl fac оncвt să fii as оn engleză ca să te joci.

I'll make it in english, because, who doesn't know a little bit of english, I don't see what would he do on the server. I won't make it so you need to be ace on english.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus666
Посмотреть сообщение
Spanish: ola amigo ! Que passa? Todo bien?

English: hello you cunt motherfucker cock sucker, wasssup yo black ass doin ma nigga? Yo ass is finee azzzz ma nigga?
ffs, do you know that spanish and portuguese aren't the same?

Make a variable for both languages.
PHP код:
public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
    if(
P_Data[playerid][Language] == 1)
    {

SendClientMessage(playerid69"Bine ai venit. Distractie placuta!");
    }
    else if(
P_Data[playerid][Language] == 2)
    {

SendClientMessage(playerid69"Welcome. Have fun!");
    }
    return 
1;

Is nice to play on a server where you can talk with a different language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkmDanny
Посмотреть сообщение
Make a variable for both languages.
PHP код:
public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
    if(
P_Data[playerid][Language] == 1)
    {

SendClientMessage(playerid69"Bine ai venit. Distractie placuta!");
    }
    else if(
P_Data[playerid][Language] == 2)
    {

SendClientMessage(playerid69"Welcome. Have fun!");
    }
    return 
1;

Is nice to play on a server where you can talk with a different language.
I dont recomand hardcoding it like that. You can make a file to read from..that way if you want to add more languages down the way you can do it. Also that way you can edit the texts right in-game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashhiee
Посмотреть сообщение
I dont recomand hardcoding it like that. You can make a file to read from..that way if you want to add more languages down the way you can do it. Also that way you can edit the texts right in-game..
PHP код:
forward SendMessage(playeridcolorro[], en[]);
public 
SendMessage(playeridcolorro[], en[])
{
    switch(
P_Data[playerid][Language])
    {
        case 
1SendClientMessage(playeridcolorro);
        case 
2SendClientMessage(playeridcoloren);
    }
    return 
1;

PHP код:
public OnPlayerConnect(playerid

SendMessage(playerid69"Bine ai venit. Distractie placuta!""Welcome. Have fun!");
    return 

Actually I don't need sendclientmessage's in 2 languages

Why? Because I don't see why I would need.

"Use /phone to call someone" isn't hard to understand.

The single problem would be in game chat,(as /me texts. /me rises his hand etcetc) but as I said, I don't care if some romanian's who can't learn basic english won't play in my server.

I will care about the rest of players whom will have a great experience on my server